Siver Region Bantam and PeeWee "A" Tournaments

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeykid14

Re: Silver Regional

Post by hockeykid14 »

what the??? I never posted all of the smilies...SERIOUSLY i do not know... <p></p><i></i>
gotherfan11

Post by gotherfan11 »

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE <p></p><i></i>
soup3

Post by soup3 »

yes god tournament overall for bantam A's. The games were competavtive and close then most thought since quite a few went into OT. Here is my take on all the teams there. For all the talk about #2 on Buffalo he did not impress me as much as i thought he would. i thought that #5 and 11 for buffalo were as good if not better then him. especially #5. man did that kid have some wheels. I think most teams were mostly second years? how will albert lea and owatonna stack up next year for bantams A's? looks like they will be bringing in a lot of new kids. <br><br><br><br><br><!--EZCODE HR START--><hr /><!--EZCODE HR END-->I am the<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong> <!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline">soup</span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--></strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->erstar. <p></p><i></i>
icantstopthepuck

Post by icantstopthepuck »

soup<br>im sure that it will be mankato and faribault on the top again next year like they were in PW's last year. also depending on who goes and who stays there might be some changes in that. I wouldn't expect many 1st years from faribault to go up to HS seeing as they have an extremely good team. I would also think that AL will be decent and have a chance to make a run....keep in mind that they have jdog. I guess when you get to a level this high it all depends on who goes up early<br><br><br><br><br><!--EZCODE HR START--><hr /><!--EZCODE HR END--><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>If hard work pays off- the easy work is worthless</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <p></p><i></i>
Frozen Four

Post by Frozen Four »

Thanks Buffpuck...I looked the contact info up....appreciated. I look forward to the State Bantam A tourney this season. I also wanted to check and see if Buffalo was trying to go to State VFW Tournament and what District they are in 5 or 6? The Silver region had some decent teams and some great games..both I saw went to 2 OT's..the way it should be...good luck to all the kids and thanks Joshdog for all his insight...Is Albert Lea playing in the VFW Tournament? <p></p><i></i>
dasherdude

Post by dasherdude »

AL will be returning their goalie along with 4 other players, but they have a bunch of first years playing "B" so that should help them stay in the mix. Owatonna and AL play Saturday in the VFW Tourney. I think it's in Waseca. <p></p><i></i>
Blade Side Down

Silver Regional Bantam A

Post by Blade Side Down »

Removed my mistake. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... mnhs>Blade Side Down</A> at: 3/7/06 3:50 pm<br></i>
joshdog

Re: Silver Regional Bantam A

Post by joshdog »

BladeSideDown, I am sorry AL offended you with our sock's. As the coach of the team I take full responsibility. Please let me know who you are and fill me in on the unsportsmanship behavior you witnessed. I was present for all of our games and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary for bantam aged boy's. I actually did address a few issues that should remain between coaches and player's: referree's and coaches. There were some outrageous comment's and action's witnessed in the stand's but that too is not out of the ordinary. Once again, please don't remain anonymous. <p></p><i></i>
werdna12

Post by werdna12 »

I agree with Joshdog. If wearing two different color socks is very unsportmanslike, you have not seen much hockey. As far as the Silver regional, I was there for the whole thing and the only unsportsmanlike issues I saw had to do with the a few parents who can be way over the top. Here is an example. I was standing in the lobby and a parent went up to pay for a pass. He pays his money and grabs a program. The lady taking the money(volunteer) proceeds to ask him for a dollar for the program. (which by the way was a very nice color program) This guy goes completely off and complains that he has to pay a dollar for the program(each player was given a program as a souvenir0 He lays an f-bomb and storms out. Never seen anything like it. My guess is he went out and had four or five heaters to calm down which cost him over a dollar. The perception out there is that these regionals are money-makers for the associations and to be honest with you, Mankato will be lucky to break even budget wise on the tourney which I thought was one of the better regionals we have attended. Just my .02 <p></p><i></i>
Buffpuck

Post by Buffpuck »

I didn't see any bad behavior in the stands or otherwise. I thought Joshdog had his team ready to play regardless the color of their socks...I do wonder what kind of person notices stuff like that...I know a ton of guys that like to pull out rulebooks and try and get an advantage over someone else for something trivial...not the kind of person i like generally like..The tournament was fair and the fans were generally well mannered...give it a rest on the socks..your the only one who cares... <p></p><i></i>
Blade Side Down

Post by Blade Side Down »

Sorry! Bad choice of a word.<br>I ONLY meant the apperance on the ice for the opposing team. Absolultely nothing to do with the kids, ref's (well ref'd) or fans. Just A distraction. It a fast game and someone with dark socks might be mistaken for a team mate. Not all kids have there heads up.<br>Joshdog, Again Sorry!<br> <p></p><i></i>
dasherdude

Post by dasherdude »

Maybe the AL boys had bigger fish to fry than making sure their socks match? Maybe they can't afford new socks? Maybe it was something the boys did to rally around? Does it really matter? <br>Get a grip, the fact that their socks didn't match has absolutely NOTHING to do with poor sportsmanship. <br>You obviously have <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>way too much</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> time on your hands if you actually looked that up in the rule book. <p></p><i></i>
falkster09

District 4

Post by falkster09 »

For all of the bashing that people do on this board against district 4, I would say that they had a pretty good showing at regions for both Bantam A and Peewee A.Any thoughts? <p>Falkster</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... kster09</A> at: 3/9/06 4:51 pm<br></i>
tigers0404

Re: District 4

Post by tigers0404 »

I agree with you there Falkster <p></p><i></i>