new to the site

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeyismypassion93

Post by hockeyismypassion93 »

I would never suggest this site to some of my friends for obvious reasons.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

hockeyismypassion93 wrote:I would never suggest this site to some of my friends for obvious reasons.
Good idea.

8)
The Puck
LGW
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

PuckU126 wrote:
starmvp wrote:As for a site where high school players go? I can't think of one. I wouldn't want to be the admin of that site either :D
I know who would... Image

Karl too... O wait, they already have that job. :lol:

8)
:lol: I think one forum is enough for me...

And though there are a lot of older people on here, there are a decent number of HS-aged people who make good contributions. They're usually fans, though, not players.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

karl(east) wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
starmvp wrote:As for a site where high school players go? I can't think of one. I wouldn't want to be the admin of that site either :D
I know who would... Image

8)

And though there are a lot of older people on here, there are a decent number of HS-aged people who make good contributions. They're usually fans, though, not players.
You just described yourself, Karl. :wink:

8)
The Puck
LGW
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

PuckU126 wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
PuckU126 wrote: I know who would... Image

8)

8)
:lol: :lol:
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

PuckU126 wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
PuckU126 wrote: I know who would... Image

8)

8)
Hey, I graduated 3 years ago now. :lol:
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

karl(east) wrote:Hey, I graduated 3 years ago now. :lol:
Close enough, Karl. I'm in your range as well anyways. Image

8)
The Puck
LGW
hockeyismypassion93

I probably won't post awhole lot though. I'm not a computer junkie like a lot of kids my age, I'm into playing hockey and training for it and working out. I'm a pretty laid back person for the most part, don't think I need to be explaining myself but I'm just letting you guys know that I won't cause any problems.
cooper26

Post by cooper26 »

hockeyismypassion93 wrote:I probably won't post awhole lot though. I'm not a computer junkie like a lot of kids my age, I'm into playing hockey and training for it and working out. I'm a pretty laid back person for the most part, don't think I need to be explaining myself but I'm just letting you guys know that I won't cause any problems.
Okay, you'll be the exception then! Welcome.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

hockeyismypassion93 wrote:I probably won't post awhole lot though. I'm not a computer junkie like a lot of kids my age, I'm into playing hockey and training for it and working out. I'm a pretty laid back person for the most part, don't think I need to be explaining myself but I'm just letting you guys know that I won't cause any problems.
And probably the best freshman on JV in the state. Can't wait for that thread to start.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:
And probably the best freshman on JV in the state. Can't wait for that thread to start.

Actual jr varsity or Class A? Image

8)
The Puck
LGW
Topgun12

Post by Topgun12 »

hockeyismypassion93 wrote:Thanks to you too for explaining that to me, I was clueless. Does anyone know of any sites where HS players do frequent? I'm not on the computer much so it's hard for me to figure out where things are at.
facebook.com
Teak

Post by Teak »

cooper26 wrote:
hockeyismypassion93 wrote:Why all the hmm's?
Isn't anyone going to help this kid out??

Here's the deal: You are welcome here but, understand that very few HS players frequent this page and of those, not many demonstrate a great deal of maturity.

The forum is made up, primarily, of a bunch of dads trying to recapture the glory days, and not many of us are all that mature either.

Welcome. Have fun. Be forewarned. :wink:
Hey, speak for yourself only!

I am an alien, trying to understand the humanoid species on Earth. Unfortunately I was assigned to this area just to the west of some large lakes. I had been hoping for So Cal, where I would be studying Beach Volleyball (girls). That skank Gorlock got *that* assignment instead.

:lol:
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Topgun12 wrote:
hockeyismypassion93 wrote:Thanks to you too for explaining that to me, I was clueless. Does anyone know of any sites where HS players do frequent? I'm not on the computer much so it's hard for me to figure out where things are at.
facebook.com
That's what was going to recommend. I am sure you could make something on facebook :D
hockeyismypassion93

I haven't given Facebook a try yet, some of my teammates are on there but I'm rather new to the computer world so I'm still getting use to it. There really is nothing else to do where I live except play hockey, winter's are long and cold and it's a great pasttime.
EREmpireStrikesBack

hockeyismypassion93 wrote:I haven't given Facebook a try yet, some of my teammates are on there but I'm rather new to the computer world so I'm still getting use to it. There really is nothing else to do where I live except play hockey, winter's are long and cold and it's a great pasttime.
Hope you are really good at hockey.

starmvp

Post by starmvp »

You seem pretty dedicated to your sport and it sounds like you love it :D
Secret Agent Man 10

Post by Secret Agent Man 10 »

hockeyismypassion93 wrote:I haven't given Facebook a try yet, some of my teammates are on there but I'm rather new to the computer world so I'm still getting use to it. There really is nothing else to do where I live except play hockey, winter's are long and cold and it's a great pasttime.
Why does Secret Agent Man get a weird feeling that hockeyismypassion93 is some guy from Dateline NBC's "To Catch a Predator"? Lonely kid in some far away town, gives his height/weight and name, likes to lift weights, looking for someone to help him figure out the Internet.

Kid, sorry if Secret Agent Man has mischarecterized your posts....but they do seem a bit strange compared to the usual crazy run of the mill banter in this forum.

Hockeyismypassion93, sounds like you have some tech-savvy buddies on your hockey team. Call them up, have them come over and set you up on Facebook, Twitter, and text messaging like every teenage kid does today. I am sure they also know about this forum and can help teach you how to pump yourself and your team more anonymously on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v1cpYSTRv0
given you a number, and taken away your name...
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

.... and just remember that Goldfishdude is hockey forum's version of the WWE's The Rock. I AM.. the most electrifying entertainer ever on this forum... And just like The Rock is back.. So is Goldfishdude!! =;

Welcome kid.... Just understand that most of the adults on this forum don't take too kindly to self-pimping - like... don't come on here with your own youtube videos showing goals you scored.

I commend you on acknowledging who you are upfront.. Trust us.. We will let you know when you get out of line..
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Goldfishdude wrote:.... and just remember that Goldfishdude is hockey forum's version of the WWE's The Rock. I AM.. the most electrifying entertainer ever on this forum... And just like The Rock is back.. So is Goldfishdude!! =;

Welcome kid.... Just understand that most of the adults on this forum don't take too kindly to self-pimping - like... don't come on here with your own youtube videos showing goals you scored.

I commend you on acknowledging who you are upfront.. Trust us.. We will let you know when you get out of line..
Image You got that right.

I can smell what the dude is cookin'. Image

8)
The Puck
LGW
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

karl(east) wrote:
PuckU126 wrote:
karl(east) wrote: :lol: I think one forum is enough for me...

8)
Hey, I graduated 3 years ago now. :lol:

Thats nothing - I ALMOST graduated 3 times ! Actually, I did graduate from the 6th grade (you can't put down someone with 12 years of schoolin').
mice

Post by mice »

cooper26 wrote:

Here's the deal: You are welcome here but, understand that very few HS players frequent this page and of those, not many demonstrate a great deal of maturity.

The forum is made up, primarily, of a bunch of dads trying to recapture the glory days, and not many of us are all that mature either.

Hahaha!!!
MnMade-4-Life

Post by MnMade-4-Life »

Goldfishdude wrote:.... and just remember that Goldfishdude is hockey forum's version of the WWE's The Rock. I AM.. the most electrifying entertainer ever on this forum... And just like The Rock is back.. So is Goldfishdude!! =;
I look more like Abdullah the Butcher :(
/chugga chugga
/chugga chugga
WOOOOOOOOO
WOOOOOOOOO
bbad

Post by bbad »

cooper26 wrote:

Hmmmm... while it is true that a bunch of old farts go on here, it IS also true that you have players checking it out..... and even sometimes "posing" as an innocent bystander. Johnny Thinkshestricky, for example, may have a name like D1984 and say something like, "I think Johnny Thinkshetricky is one of the top defensemen in the state!"

My son went on recently and in about two seconds figured out which hockey player was posting!

Enjoy the forum hockeyismypassion93!
EREmpireStrikesBack

Hmmm.

Hmmm.