Well Twins, your run was nice while it lasted

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

From the 11 games on the West Coast here is what I have noticed.
Hitting: Average (Couple games where they could not hit, couple games where they were hitting everything)

Starting Pitching: Good (Except for the Saturday game in Anaheim, the starters have done their job)

Bullpen: Bad (This can not be argued. The team is missing Pat Neshek. Guardado looked rough yesterday, Joe Nathan 2 blown saves & Jesse Crain 2 losses. The Bullpen needs to improve to contend)

I think the Twins have better starting pitching than the White Sox & Red Sox but even without Josh Beckett the Red Sox should still be okay. It's just the pen I worry about because that's always the key in the postseason. They can't hit the long ball like Boston & Chicago can but they can win playing small ball better than the other 2.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

GopherWild wrote:... so I was wondering if there was any way to delete the "It was nice while it lasted" thread?
Nope.... :lol:
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Neutron 14 wrote:
GopherWild wrote:... so I was wondering if there was any way to delete the "It was nice while it lasted" thread?
Nope.... :lol:
Well, we could but it should remain as a testament to what happens when you jump the gun on success/failure.

Besides, if they run off a losing streak of a few games, there will be new posts in this topic, right? Image

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

Wrong. I won't let it die. He jumped off and should never be allowed back on.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

You have to admit though, the Twins are giving the division to the White Sox with the bad fielding and a horrible bullpen. They couldn't hold a lead to save their lives. Plus the fact that the pitching staff gives up the most home runs in all of baseball.
GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

Well how about that? I criticize them and they come back to win. And on a night when the White Sox lose too. Maybe I should come here and criticize them every game, it sure worked tonight.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Don't try to glorify yourself.

GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

I think they need a sweep over the Sox in order to have a chance. 1 loss, and it's life support, 2 losses, forget about it.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:Don't try to glorify yourself.

maybe boblee has reincarnated ? :shock:
fighting all who rob or plunder
GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

It is a sweep. And I was there to see it happen. Looks like it's not over after all now that they're a 1/2 game up. Looked a little scary in the 4th inning with the poor fielding. Are they trying to shoot themselves in the foot? At least they can win playing small ball.
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

A lot of things can happen. Even if the Twins win all three remaining games, they still could have to play Chicago in a tie-breaker. What a game tonight though. They should just take it one game at a time against Kansas City and not worry about what Chicago does. As great as Gardenhire has been, this has been his biggest accomplishment yet. No Johan and no Torii and they've found a way to get to this point, I never would've thought. Go Twins!
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

Anyone else notice how ESPN is jumping on the Twins bandwagon now? The other night when they interviewed Morneau they were gushing all over the twins, saying how no one should ever count them out at the start of the season. Lets see, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and everyone else picked them to battle KC for the cellar this year if i remember right. :roll:
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

someone should Send John KRUK a Hanky so that he can wipe his BS tears away. not sure if anyone caught that before the series started. What a F-G.....
GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

A little letdown tonight but that can be expected after a series like that. Oh well, the White Sox lost too. They need to gain a game in the next 2 days though because I would be a little nervous if the Sox had to play that makeup game with Detroit.
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Re: Well Twins, your run was nice while it lasted

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

GopherWild wrote:With another loss to the worst team in baseball, I think it's time to give up on the Twins. I know I'll be called fairweather and a bandwagoner but I'm just being realistic.
Don't give up yet Gopherwild. :roll:
Indians forever

Post by Indians forever »

GopherWild wrote:A little letdown tonight but that can be expected after a series like that. Oh well, the White Sox lost too. They need to gain a game in the next 2 days though because I would be a little nervous if the Sox had to play that makeup game with Detroit.
Looks like this will maybe drago onto Monday and maybe Tuesday.... Crap
GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

Well, I'm a Tigers fan on Monday. That was a big win to keep the half-game lead. I didn't think they would be in this position after losing 2 in a row to Seattle. I was very bitter after that. Either way, 88 wins for a team that wasn't expected to contend? That's pretty good. If anything, the Indians should can Wedge & the Tigers the same for Leyland. They were supposed to be the teams expected to go for the AL Central. Think the Yankees wish they kept Joe Torre? And how about another choke job by the Mets? 2 years in a row the Fish knock them out. Diamond Backs? They should not have lost it after such a great start. It's been an interesting season, and there is still business to be finished. I'm just glad I was wrong about the Twins run being over.
EREmpireStrikesBack

GopherWild wrote:Well, I'm a Tigers fan on Monday. That was a big win to keep the half-game lead. I didn't think they would be in this position after losing 2 in a row to Seattle. I was very bitter after that. Either way, 88 wins for a team that wasn't expected to contend? That's pretty good. If anything, the Indians should can Wedge & the Tigers the same for Leyland. They were supposed to be the teams expected to go for the AL Central. Think the Yankees wish they kept Joe Torre? And how about another choke job by the Mets? 2 years in a row the Fish knock them out. Diamond Backs? They should not have lost it after such a great start. It's been an interesting season, and there is still business to be finished. I'm just glad I was wrong about the Twins run being over.
And why would MLB teams take advice from you? If it was up to you, the season would end long before it is really over.

MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

Ramirez just hit a grand slam, 6-2 sox now, after 6. Looks like the Twins are headed to Chicago.
GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

It's over now. Here's hoping Tampa Bay beats the crap out of the Sox. I hate Ozzie Guillen & AJ Pierzynski.
OGEE OGELTHORPE

GopherWild wrote:It's over now. Here's hoping Tampa Bay beats the crap out of the Sox. I hate Ozzie Guillen & AJ Pierzynski.
I hate you and I hope the Sioux kick your ass.

:lol: Just kiddin GopherWild its not your fault.
EREmpireStrikesBack

OGEE OGELTHORPE wrote:
GopherWild wrote:It's over now. Here's hoping Tampa Bay beats the crap out of the Sox. I hate Ozzie Guillen & AJ Pierzynski.
I hate you and I hope the Sioux kick your ass.

:lol: Just kiddin GopherWild its not your fault.
I think it is.

sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

hell of a season, good job twinkies. im looking forward to a better team next year. hopefully gomez and young can work on some hitting (maybe morneau too!) The rotation seems to be great for next year, and with neshek back, hopefully the pen will be close to what it usually is.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
SEChockeyfan08

Post by SEChockeyfan08 »

sachishi4 wrote:hell of a season, good job twinkies. im looking forward to a better team next year. hopefully gomez and young can work on some hitting (maybe morneau too!) The rotation seems to be great for next year, and with neshek back, hopefully the pen will be close to what it usually is.
Lets hope the dome has one final deep October run in it for its final season next year.
OGEE OGELTHORPE

The Johan Rebuplican Final Ultimate Factor

In the end it was a simple coin toss........just like packerboy said.