Well Twins, your run was nice while it lasted

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GopherWild

Well Twins, your run was nice while it lasted

Post by GopherWild »

With another loss to the worst team in baseball, I think it's time to give up on the Twins. I know I'll be called fairweather and a bandwagoner but I'm just being realistic. If they can't beat Seattle, they won't beat anybody. They will not make the postseason, you can give the White Sox the AL Central crown now and unfortunalty, we will not see a postseason with neither the Red Sox or Yankees because 1 of them will be there. Losing 2 in a row to Seattle is a disgrace and now the Twins are the laughingstock of the American League. There's always next season though. Vikings football is right around the corner too.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

Is that you dangla.? :shock:

So are you just renting a seat on the Vikings wagon? When should we be ready to fill that one?

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Ya gotta love his optimism though :roll: :lol:
GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

I know the 2006 team was further behind than this at this point of the season and still came back to win the division. But that team wasn't losing to pathetic teams like this season's Mariners. Chicago & Boston just don't seem to want to lose and nothing is going right for the Twins right now. The White Sox & Red Sox play each other this weekend but the only way that's a good thing is if the Twins can sweep Oakland, otherwise they'll be further behind once September rolls around. They need to get it together because nobody else loses to Seattle.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Can't Never Tried wrote:Ya gotta love his optimism though :roll: :lol:
It looks like GW has established another NO SPIN ZONE.

Go get em GW and may The Factor be with you.
OGEE OGELTHORPE

Re: Well Twins, your run was nice while it lasted

Post by OGEE OGELTHORPE »

GopherWild wrote: Losing 2 in a row to Seattle is a disgrace and now the Twins are the laughingstock of the American League.
With that comment you qualify for The most ridiculous item of the day.

The Factor is gone but not forgotten. :wink:
GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

Okay, I admit, I really sounded ridiculous. I apolozige. It is frustrating seeing them lose 2 to a crappy team I admit, but I was wrong for all I said. There is still plenty of season left and I should be thankful that they are in a pennant race and I should be happy to have Ron Gardenhire for a skipper. Gardy is kkeping the team in it and without a great manager, they would be about 15 out by now. So please forgive me for my dumb comments, I will continue to root them on to a pennant. It's not over until somebody's magic number hits 0. And there is plenty of baseball left. I regret starting this thread.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

As long as they can stay within 2 games when the series against the Sox at the Dome starts on September 23, they've got a shot.
GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

I'm just glad the Mariners are off the schedule now. Maybe I won't be so bitter. I guess baseball is one of those games where anybody can beat anybody. Even when Tampa Bay was inferior, they still beat the Yankees & Red Sox once in a while. And look at the Rockies last season, they came out of nowhere so it's definatly not over. I really acted like a fool for those earlier comments.
NumberCruncher

Post by NumberCruncher »

As of Thursday, August 28, 2008, at 11:18 AM, the Minnesota Twins hold a 29.29632 % chance of winning the division, 4.20462 % chance of winning the Wild Card, with a 33.50093% chance of reaching the playoffs.
That is all,
NumberCruncher
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

NumberCruncher wrote:As of Thursday, August 28, 2008, at 11:18 AM, the Minnesota Twins hold a 29.29632 % chance of winning the division, 4.20462 % chance of winning the Wild Card, with a 33.50093% chance of reaching the playoffs.
so based on the current trend, how many wins will it most likely take to win the division.

I'm a sales and marketing guy - I need number crunchers to keep me in line. :D
fighting all who rob or plunder
UpNorthStars

Post by UpNorthStars »

:P
EREmpireStrikesBack

GopherWild wrote:Okay, I admit, I really sounded ridiculous. I apolozige. It is frustrating seeing them lose 2 to a crappy team I admit, but I was wrong for all I said. There is still plenty of season left and I should be thankful that they are in a pennant race and I should be happy to have Ron Gardenhire for a skipper. Gardy is kkeping the team in it and without a great manager, they would be about 15 out by now. So please forgive me for my dumb comments, I will continue to root them on to a pennant. It's not over until somebody's magic number hits 0. And there is plenty of baseball left. I regret starting this thread.
I say stay off the bandwagon. We don't need someone like you who jumps off so easily.

Can't Never Tried

I was thinking he was a bi-polar poster :shock:
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Can't Never Tried wrote:I was thinking he was a bi-polar poster :shock:
fighting all who rob or plunder
DMom

Post by DMom »

tomASS wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:I was thinking he was a bi-polar poster :shock:

=D>

=D>
NumberCruncher

Post by NumberCruncher »

tomASS wrote:
NumberCruncher wrote:As of Thursday, August 28, 2008, at 11:18 AM, the Minnesota Twins hold a 29.29632 % chance of winning the division, 4.20462 % chance of winning the Wild Card, with a 33.50093% chance of reaching the playoffs.
so based on the current trend, how many wins will it most likely take to win the division.

I'm a sales and marketing guy - I need number crunchers to keep me in line. :D

Depending on how other teams fare, we'll need about 92.3 wins to clinch the Central. This is our best shot since we'll need about 93.8 wins to get the Wild Card.
That is all,
NumberCruncher
GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

Well Joe Nathan with his 2nd blown save of the road trip and Twins fail to get 1st place. There's still plenty of season left to catch the White Sox but 4 back of the Red Sox (in the loss column), I do think the Wild Card is out of the picture. Red Sox have a very favorable schedule with most left at Fenway they are in good shape. Hopefully they can pull ahead of the AL Central race though.
EREmpireStrikesBack

GopherWild wrote:Well Joe Nathan with his 2nd blown save of the road trip and Twins fail to get 1st place. There's not enough season left to catch the White Sox and they are still 4 back of the Red Sox (in the loss column), I do think the Wild Card is out of the picture. Red Sox have a very favorable schedule with most left at Fenway they are in good shape. Hopefully they can do something next year though.
Why must you hate so much?

Can't Never Tried

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:
GopherWild wrote:Well Joe Nathan with his 2nd blown save of the road trip and Twins fail to get 1st place. There's not enough season left to catch the White Sox and they are still 4 back of the Red Sox (in the loss column), I do think the Wild Card is out of the picture. Red Sox have a very favorable schedule with most left at Fenway they are in good shape. Hopefully they can do something next year though.
Why must you hate so much?

DMom

Post by DMom »

hmm...I if I could get that on a T-shirt? It'a like the story of my life 8)
GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

Why must I hate so much? I'm not hating. All I'm saying is go for the AL Central. The Wild Card is meaningless right now. They can still go for the division.
EREmpireStrikesBack

GopherWild wrote:With another loss to the worst team in baseball, I think it's time to give up on the Twins. I know I'll be called fairweather and a bandwagoner but I'm just being realistic. If they can't beat Seattle, they won't beat anybody. They will not make the postseason, you can give the White Sox the AL Central crown now and unfortunalty, we will not see a postseason with neither the Red Sox or Yankees because 1 of them will be there. Losing 2 in a row to Seattle is a disgrace and now the Twins are the laughingstock of the American League. There's always next season though. Vikings football is right around the corner too.
:roll:

GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

GopherWild wrote:With another loss to the worst team in baseball, I think it's time to give up on the Twins. I know I'll be called fairweather and a bandwagoner but I'm just being realistic. If they can't beat Seattle, they won't beat anybody. They will not make the postseason, you can give the White Sox the AL Central crown now and unfortunalty, we will not see a postseason with neither the Red Sox or Yankees because 1 of them will be there. Losing 2 in a row to Seattle is a disgrace and now the Twins are the laughingstock of the American League. There's always next season though. Vikings football is right around the corner too.

Okay, Okay I see you point. I honestly still believe they can win the division. Seattle is on a little roll right now sweeping the Tribe in Cleveland after the Indians had a 10 game win streak. I guess things are a little funky right now and I was quite bitter and acted like a bandwagon jumper.
Can't Never Tried

GopherWild wrote:

Okay, Okay I see you point. I honestly still believe they can win the division. Seattle is on a little roll right now sweeping the Tribe in Cleveland after the Indians had a 10 game win streak. I guess things are a little funky right now and I was quite bitter and acted like a bandwagon jumper.
I find it's more fun to walk along side the wagon and throw rocks at the the occupants !Image
:lol: