Hill-Murray vs. Rochester Century

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins

Hill-Murray
55%
Rochester Century
45%

Total votes: 102

stpaul

Joe Phillippi

Post by stpaul »

#33 Joe Phillippi G grade 11 5' 9" 165
Save % 91.6 Record 16-4-1 GAA 1.88
(note: the 4 losses were to #1 ranked Holy Angels twice, #2 Moorhead and Class A #1 St. Thomas Academy)

3AA semi-final vs. Centennial - 29 saves, 1 goal against, 4-1 win
3AA final vs. White Bear Lake - 29 saves, 1 goal against, 3-1 win

Oh ya, that right, he's a head case and sucks in big games.

I agree.... Mr. Ovech_7 - You sir, are an idiot. Well said.
Last edited by stpaul on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HShockey2180

Post by HShockey2180 »

Is Phillipi getting looked at by anyone? does he have any USHL/NAHL commitments or anything?
All Swedish, no Finish
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Phillippi is playing well right now. Confident and determined, as you could tell in the White Bear game if you were present. I'm not quite sure how you could say he got a bit lucky when rebounds were controlled with ease..

I'll say it has been a gift to have the 2nd line play as well as they have at this time of the season and it definitely helps the team's chance to go far. Having 2 potent lines of forwards, a strong set of defense, and an experienced goaltender is always a plus.

As for the game, as long as the Pioneers continue playing with the energy they've had here in the playoffs, I'll predict a 5-2 or 4-1 win (3 goals).

Best of luck to the Pioneers! Should be a fun week!
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

i thought i would add this too

In his career against White Bear Lake, Joe Phillippi is 5-0 with a 1.52 GAA and 94.3 save percentage.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

How does Hill Murray get seeded #3 and get the only first round bye :roll:
Orty

Post by Orty »

I'll take the uniform kids over the jeans wearing kids in this game.

Look for HM to score big. I see a tournament record for shots, saves and goals scored in this game

HM - Double Digets
Century - 0

Orty
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

I dont think we should count out Rochester Century. You have to be a good team to get to state but I still think Hill-Murray will win but they should watch out for Rochester Century though.
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

H-M 4 Life wrote:I dont think we should count out Rochester Century. You have to be a good team to get to state but I still think Hill-Murray will win but they should watch out for Rochester Century though.

You can't be serious :roll: Any good Bantam team could come out Section 1 :roll:
RGGspartan10

Post by RGGspartan10 »

The only way we can get a true feel for Rochester Century is to ask a Lakevillle North fan how they compare with other lake oponents they have faced this year.

Information on Century-

-They have an decent record, but wih their conference schedule it doesn't mean much.

-Some things I have noticed abont them this year is that they NEED goaltending to compete with good teams.

-They played Duluth East in a 4-1 game and shots were very close about 30-30. So goaltending was a key factor there.

-They played Duluth Marshall and it was a 2-1 game. It was very close game and it easily could have gone either way.

-They beat Rosemount which was a pretty solid team throughout the year. And they beat a Fargo South team that was playing well at the time, just coming off a WBL win and a 5-3 game with Moorehead.

I was unable to see the Edina and Roseville games, but my assumption is that they were closer than the scores showed with a few softies for their oponents.

Also, they heavily outshot and outplayed Tartan in the first game of the year, and goals aginst hurt them again.

Rochester Century is playing really well right now, the only missing link is goaltending. But you never know what can happen. If their D step up and Ewing gets in a zone when they face Hill and that could be all she wrote for the pioneers.

It'll be intersting!
Basil Chaps

Post by Basil Chaps »

Rochester Century opened the season with a loss to tartan. Hill-Murray went on to beat tartan 4-2 and 4-1 later in the season. Tartan is one of the worst teams in a mediocre classic suburban conference.
Daddy'$ Money
HM 2008: STATE CHAMPIONS
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Basil Chaps wrote:Rochester Century opened the season with a loss to tartan. Hill-Murray went on to beat tartan 4-2 and 4-1 later in the season. Tartan is one of the worst teams in a mediocre classic suburban conference.
Opening season wins and losses don't mean a whole lot at this point of the season.
BIGSEXY

Post by BIGSEXY »

Look for Phillippi to continue to get "lucky" as he has throughout the playoffs so far. I would love to see Century take down Hill but I just don't see it.

Give me...

Rich kids 5

Sudern Boys 1
Some would call 4 in a row a dynasty
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

hah TRUST ME not all hill goers are rich
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
wblknower11

Post by wblknower11 »

is phlip playing, of course, ok then there going to win. Hill just better hope he does get hurt between now and the game, not to give RC any "Ideas"
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Century just went through a stretch of playing some below average teams. Earlier in the year when this happened they couldn't adjust to Duluth Marshall and although the score was close the outcome was never really in doubt, despite Marshall being called for 7 straight penalties in the 3rd period. Century just didn't make the jump in play easily enough. Hill-Murray just got done going through a very tough 3AA section, Century had Dodge County, Mayo, and Lakeville North and outshot all by a 50-20 margin. If tHill's not ready for Century I'd be very suprised. Century is good team, but their weak schedule down the stretch will hurt them.
AO8-07

Century down in a shoot-out

Post by AO8-07 »

I saw both Lkvl North vs. Century games and they are very comparable to Eden Prairie. Only i think they're a bit deeper. If Century's goalie can play well (highly doubtful) they have a very good shot at the win. Cuz it only takes a couple of scoring chances for Grimstad and kneopke, they are two of the best finnishers i've seen all year.

In the end, all of the "non-Big 9" shots will be too much for Ewing and the flood gates will open.

McCallum & Co.-6
Century-4

(all of the Hill fans know who I'm takin' about) :D
dirtyhock1515

Post by dirtyhock1515 »

its gonna be closer than most people think

and im gonna take century in the upset
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

dirtyhock1515 wrote:its gonna be closer than most people think

and im gonna take century in the upset
A agree with dirtyhock...it will be closer then most people think...

more like 8-2 H-M...

And Century holding Hill to 8 goals would be an upset...
STC18

Post by STC18 »

HM wins here 5-1.
mnhshockey00

Post by mnhshockey00 »

So you guys are all saying Hill will score more goals against Century then Edina, and Roseville did against them??? Edina and Roseville are much better teams than Hill Murray. Hill has dan cheka on there 2nd line.... They cant be too good
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

why did he score 2 against WBL who shut out roseville?! :?

i think it will be reasonable
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

So if they have Dan Checka on 2nd line their bad that makes sense. Is Roseville in the State Tournament? oh yeah that's right their not cause they couldnt get passed a team that Hill-Murray beat 3 times in a year. Get back to me when you have some common sense.
stpaul

Dan Cecka

Post by stpaul »

You must be taking about some other Dan Cecka. Here's Hill-Murray's Dan Cecka:

#22 Dan Cecka, Forward, 11th grade, 5' 10", 185 lbs., 24 goals, 14 assists, 38 points.

In the biggest game of the year:
Section final vs. White Bear Lake - 2 goals
Rippentrop

Post by Rippentrop »

Sure Century's goalie has no clue about where the puck is at any give moment. Who cares! What really matters is the fact that the Century kids are spoiled rich kids too. If there ever was a game for all the cake, this is it. I call Century in a 6-5 duel. The goalies aren't a factor in this one because neither is going to play worth a hoot.
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

No way Phillipi is playing to good to allow even 1 goal. Rochester Century will get shut down against Hill-Murray.