Hill-Murray vs. Rochester Century

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins

Hill-Murray
55%
Rochester Century
45%

Total votes: 102

Sparlimb

Hill-Murray vs. Rochester Century

Post by Sparlimb »

Battle of two teams with nice records and some questionable opponents. I bet you guys can guess which way I'm leaning...
Last edited by Sparlimb on Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basil Chaps

Post by Basil Chaps »

Does Rochester Century have any quality wins? Who were the five losses to?
Daddy'$ Money
HM 2008: STATE CHAMPIONS
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Post by Ankles Pierre, Jr. »

RC lost to Roseville, DE, Edina and DM.

RC 16

H-M 0
boblee

post 7127

Post by boblee »

I like Hill-Murray in this one...

Hill 5
Century 3
ccm911

Post by ccm911 »

Hill is playing good hockey right now.

If hill can come out flying once again this one will be in the bag.

5-1 hill

larson goal
cecka westerhaus kohls line will put a couple in
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Seeing how HM has fewer wins then I have fingers on my left hand against Century in the past 35 years, I'd have to lean Century...

12-1 Rochester...
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

Hill 3-2
ccm911

Post by ccm911 »

Sparlimb-

Seeing how HM has fewer wins then I have fingers on my left hand against Century in the past 35 years, I'd have to lean Century...

12-1 Rochester...

hahahah your right i should change my prediction

Rc 41 hill 0
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

hill-5
RC-2

Larson will have a goal and an assist
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
ACTUALFORMERPLAYER

Post by ACTUALFORMERPLAYER »

Hill big. Rochester is one of the reasons you always here about section realignment from the southeast metro area.
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

I like Hill-Murray right now because they have a hot goalie right now in Phillipi and their second line is playing really well. Also their defense is showing promise which I think is the key for Hill-Murray.

Hill-Murray 6 - Rochester Century 0
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:Hill big. Rochester is one of the reasons you always here about section realignment from the southeast metro area.
If Hill wins, it would be by two goals at the most.
Ankles Pierre, Jr.

Post by Ankles Pierre, Jr. »

ACTUALFORMERPLAYER wrote:Hill big. Rochester is one of the reasons you always here about section realignment from the southeast metro area.
Why?
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

No way Hill keeps this game close. Everyone knows southern Minnesota is the state's hockey hotbed and they are looking forward to taking their show on the road. There was so much good hockey talent in Rochester alone that they were forced to build Century to give all their talent a chance to play at this level. Lech understands there is no chance of beating anyone in this field that is why they will not waste the money on a hotel. Their "state tournament" was section 3AA and they were lucky to catch a bunch of teams in a down year.
Topshelf07

Post by Topshelf07 »

Hill by at least 3.
ccm911

Post by ccm911 »

Pioneerprideguy Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:50 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No way Hill keeps this game close. Everyone knows southern Minnesota is the state's hockey hotbed and they are looking forward to taking their show on the road. There was so much good hockey talent in Rochester alone that they were forced to build Century to give all their talent a chance to play at this level. Lech understands there is no chance of beating anyone in this field that is why they will not waste the money on a hotel. Their "state tournament" was section 3AA and they were lucky to catch a bunch of teams in a down year.

pioneerprideguy you countine to keep me laughing.Your sarcasim is grade A

hill 5-1

Hill is much deeper
mnhshockey00

Post by mnhshockey00 »

Yea and Maplewood is where all the great hockey players come from
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

I hear after seeing HM get a #3 seed the coaches have petitioned the state supreme court for a mandatory recount. Katherine Harris is trying to certify the results right now, but my guess is that Hill will lose the battle...

If the supreme court comes back the way I hear, Hill may find themselves in the A tourney...
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

mnhshockey00 wrote:Yea and Maplewood is where all the great hockey players come from
they have 2 teams they can play for
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

Can anyone name the section that "showcased" ONE team with a record above .500???

Anyone???

That is correct - the "hotbed" in southern MN - Section 1
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Sparlimb needs to add polls to all of his AA tournament threads.
ovech_7

Post by ovech_7 »

kpryan88 wrote:Can anyone name the section that "showcased" ONE team with a record above .500???

Anyone???

That is correct - the "hotbed" in southern MN - Section 1
Yeah tough competition there---Farmington, Owattona, Dodge County, Winona, Worthington---your completely right. We'll see the most D-1 scholarships come out of section 1AA.
Cut the crap; you guys don't stand a chance.

H-M 4 Life wrote:I like Hill-Murray right now because they have a hot goalie right now in Phillipi
I don't think you can say Flip is necessarily hot, yeah he made some big saves against White Bear, but in many situations White Bear made him look good. I'd say he got a bit lucky. He's a head case, you put two goals in on Flip, and he's like the levee's of New Orleans; the goals will pour in in no time.
The Bender

Post by The Bender »

I don't think century has the guns to stay with Hill. After watching the game against WBL Hill didn't have very many shots, but they made them count.

5-2 Hill

Larson 3 goals with repeat of last's years first game. Or did he have 4? Can't remember.

Cecka and Zepeda add the others
Sioux Fan

Post by Sioux Fan »

I like Century 7 Hill 5 in a wide open shoot out... Let's have some fun Panthers.....

Oh Yeah let's get the title.
Fighting Sioux Forever
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

ovech_7 wrote:
H-M 4 Life wrote:I like Hill-Murray right now because they have a hot goalie right now in Phillipi
I don't think you can say Flip is necessarily hot, yeah he made some big saves against White Bear, but in many situations White Bear made him look good. I'd say he got a bit lucky. He's a head case, you put two goals in on Flip, and he's like the levee's of New Orleans; the goals will pour in in no time.
so giving up 2 goals in section 3AA playoffs is just complete luck?

you sir are an idiot
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20