fink or schroeder

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

grizisastud

fink or schroeder

Post by grizisastud »

Who do you think is the better player between the two? <p></p><i></i>
HockeyIsLife508

Jordan

Post by HockeyIsLife508 »

I was just thinking about that cause im watching STA play Orono right now. I think that Fink has a harder shot, but Schroeder is faster and harder working. Jordan is also a smarter player with the puck. No beef on Fink, but when you are talking about players such as these two, its hard to say anything bad about either one of them cause both of them are so good. <p></p><i></i>
tender33

Re: Jordan

Post by tender33 »

at the college level, i would definatley take fink. he's bigger, stronger and a harder and more accurate shot. shroeder is a great player though. what a great shot to tie the game against orono. <p></p><i></i>
hockeydude17

Post by hockeydude17 »

were talkin now not college... <p></p><i></i>
dddddddude

Post by dddddddude »

How can anyone make this comparison, clearly both are great players but one is competing at a level far superior to the other. Time will tell the story in the end, but for now Schroeder is playing against 18 year olds, Fink 14 and 15 year olds, It does both players a disservice. <p></p><i></i>
SnipinGinos

Post by SnipinGinos »

There are a select few players playing at the bantam level that skill-wise match up with Shroader. But, as someone else said Jordan is playing against men while kid's at bantam's are playing against boy's. A very good player, but those announcers talk like he is God. Which he is far from. Very good player, but overrated--- I think so. <br><br>Just my two cents. <p></p><i></i>
hespy019

Jordan

Post by hespy019 »

I completely agree that the anouncers talk him up a lot, but he is a VERY good player. I don't know if you saw his goal tonight or not, but not to many players are going to make that play <p></p><i></i>
topshelf27

Re: fink or schroeder

Post by topshelf27 »

Like you guys have said Schroeder is playing against 18 year-olds and Fink is playing against 14-15 year-olds. I think that both players are very skilled, but for Schroeder to be able to do what he does right now on a High School team is just crazy. My pick: Schroeder over Fink. <p></p><i></i>
northstars77

fink or shroeder

Post by northstars77 »

i have seen them both play... i think they are identical in skill, i watched them play TOGETHER on the same line at the USA camp, watchin them work together is like poetry, it was like they have been playing together for 10 years. i dont know who to pick. i give props to both of them and wish them both the best of luck in their future careers. <p></p><i></i>
hockeydude18

hm

Post by hockeydude18 »

Schroader <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ydude18</A> at: 3/8/06 11:27 pm<br></i>
BigRedFan21

Post by BigRedFan21 »

I think the question might be..Fink, Schroader, and Ness from Roseau. Don't forget about that kid, he can flat out play! But for Fink or Schroader, I would take Fink. Sure Jordan is a great player, and yes he is playing with older kids, but Fink will win games for you. Plain and simple. Mike is a bit faster than Jordan, but I think Jordan see's the ice better. If you really would have to me the choice, take Fink. The kid has the hardest shot I have ever seen at this age group (that is accually accurate and hits the net). <br><br>I'm taking nothing away from Schroader, but I just have been extremely impressed with Mike Fink this year. If he would go balls to the walls every single shift; he would be one of the best if not the best freshman in the country. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... edFan21</A> at: 3/8/06 11:32 pm<br></i>
topshelf27

Post by topshelf27 »

Quote:<br><br> Sure Jordan is a great player, and yes he is playing with older kids, but Fink will win games for you.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Didn't Hopkins lose out in Regions?? <p></p><i></i>
mnhockey22

Post by mnhockey22 »

This isnt even close. Schroeder by a long shot. Fink is a good player but he also plays against kids his age unlike Schroeder who was one of the leading scorers on his team for the elite league i can guaruntee you that wouldnt happen for fink <p></p><i></i>
tornadoes10

fink or shroeder

Post by tornadoes10 »

fink <p></p><i></i>
northstars77

fink or shroeder

Post by northstars77 »

i think they are top 2 freshman in the country. <p></p><i></i>
icehockey08

Re: fink or shroeder

Post by icehockey08 »

fink is a great player but schreoder is head and shoulders above him. last night against orono a defenseman was hanging on jordans back, jordan had the puck on his backhand with only one hand and put it upstairs. also schreoder is playing with juniors and seniors fink is only playing aginst 14 and 15 year olds. but yes Fink iawesome player i just think schreoder is that much better than him. O and do u guys no that schreoder has been asked to try out in anarbor.<br> <p></p><i></i>
northstars77

Post by northstars77 »

they are both very good players.. they will both go places in their future with hockey. they will both end up playind division one, and they both have a shot at playing in the pros. my hat is off to both of them and hope they keep working hard to achieve greatness in their lives. <p></p><i></i>
gotherfan11

Post by gotherfan11 »

I think Shroeder is a better player <p></p><i></i>
siouxhockey97

Post by siouxhockey97 »

Fink controls the game in Bantams and Shroeder controls it at Highschool big difference. therfore<br><br>Shroeder is a lot better. <p></p><i></i>
Iceburg88

Post by Iceburg88 »

This will give you guys a little more to argue about. This is the ratings for forwards at last summer's national Select 15 Festival from a web site called United States Hockey Report. I'm not going to vouch for how realistic these ratings might be, but it will give you more food for thought<br><br>1. Phillip McRae (Chesterfield, MO) <br>2. Justin Florek (Marquette, MI) <br>3. Robert Czarnik (Washington, MI) <br>4. A.J. Jenks (Wolverine Lake, MI) <br>5. Brock Montpetit (Somerset, WI) <br>6. Brandon Kozan (Calgary, AB) Shattuck<br>7. Jordan Schroeder (Prior Lake, MN) <br>8. Vinny Saponari (Powder Springs, GA) <br>9. Isak Quakenbush (Fairbanks, AK) <br>10. Michael Cichy (New Hartford, CT) <br>11. Troy Power (Camarillo, CA) <br>12. Matt Zarbo (Grand Island, NY) <br>13. Colin Reddin (Corona del Mar, CA) <br>14. Ben Hanowski (Little Falls, MN) <br>15. Max Cook (Frankfort, IL) <br>16. Jordy Murray (Faribault, MN) Shattuck <br>17. Greg Burke (Lee, NH) <br>18. Alex Simonson (Grand Forks, ND) <br>19. Colin Moore Medfield, MA) <br>20. Jacob Youso (International Falls, MN) <br>25. Michael Fink (Minnetonka, MN) <br>28. Ryan Bohrer (West St. Paul, MN) <br>30. Kyle Murphy (Fair Haven, NJ) Shattuck <br>32. Cory Thorson (Crystal, MN) <br>37. Trent Johnson (Moorhead, MN) <br>46. Matt Leer Edina (Edina, MN) <br><br>Ratings for the top 20 plus the rest that have Minnesota connections<br> <p></p><i></i>
crunchitize me captian

Post by crunchitize me captian »

Fink scored more points then schroeder in when they both were on that team usa select 15 team but schroeder has played high school for 2 years and fink hasnt played 1 year yet so its a tough call <p></p><i></i>
snipes

Re: .

Post by snipes »

keep in mind schroeder is playing class A, theres a big difference between AA and A. Fink will be playing AA so you cant really compare them. <p></p><i></i>
dddddddude

Post by dddddddude »

who did Hill Murraay lose to This year? STA i believeThats your AA favorite<br> <p></p><i></i>
tender33

Post by tender33 »

good point dddddude <p></p><i></i>
2AhockeyOldTimer

Post by 2AhockeyOldTimer »

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>keep in mind schroeder is playing class A, theres a big difference between AA and A. Fink will be playing AA so you cant really compare them. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>1. There is a GIANT difference between good high school Class A and Bantams.<br><br>2. STA played a good chunk of AA teams this year.<br><br>3. You CAN compare a Class A player to a Class AA player. To say you can't is plain stupid. <p>"both ties they scored as many goals as the opponent" - ae42</p><i></i>