Playoffs

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mnhockeygal

Playoffs

Post by mnhockeygal »

Playfoff Questions:<br><br>Who deserves the #1 seed, Blake or SSP? SSP plays a much tougher schedule, but has a less than stellar record. Thoughts? Willl EP be denied State again? Who is best suited to beat EP in sections or at State should they make it? Does NSP have enough firepower in 15 and 21 to make out out of sections? <p></p><i></i>
ghshockeyfan

Re: Playoffs

Post by ghshockeyfan »

My opinion is that we are going to have to wait on seeding 4A until the last games are played. I agree that SSP has the tougher schedule as this fact is reflected in the <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://home.comcast.net/~simley/girls/SOS.htm" target="top">SOS KRACH rankings</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->.<br><br>My opinion on EP is that they are one of the best ever teams in G HS Hockey. To solidify this grouping with the best ever they will need to make some noise in sections and get to state I believe. There are some great teams in section 6 though, and you really can't look past anyone there. BSM, Edina, Hopkins, and Wayzata are all very strong, and Jefferson has upset some teams this season too even!<br><br>NSP's section will be equally interesting with Stillwater being so strong. You also can't look past the strong Goaltending of Centennial and Blaine as they too can beat anyone when their goaltending is on and they get some offense.<br><br>These three sections are going to be great to watch this year! <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ckeyfan</A> at: 1/29/06 11:41 am<br></i>
SEhockeyDAD

playoffs

Post by SEhockeyDAD »

I think a lot of us are chomping at the bit. Time to start individual section topics? <p></p><i></i>
ghshockeyfan

Re: playoffs

Post by ghshockeyfan »

I totally forgot about Chaska in 6 too!!! WOW - an amazing section!!! <p></p><i></i>
GivinYaTheBusiness

Post by GivinYaTheBusiness »

When do seeding meetings happen? <p></p><i></i>
ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan »

I hear most are on the 5th. By that time nearly all regular season games are done. <p></p><i></i>
411HOCKEY

Post by 411HOCKEY »

How do the match ups get decided? Meaning does the number 1 seed in a section play the lowest seed, the number 2 seed play the second lowest and so on? <p></p><i></i>
xk1

Post by xk1 »

Go over to the MSHSL site<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/activitypage ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>and you can get all the info on sections. <p></p><i></i>
411HOCKEY

Post by 411HOCKEY »

THANKS! <p></p><i></i>
boblee

Post by boblee »

play-in games are always interesting...last year in boys A hockey, Shakopee had to win a play in game just to be in the final 8...they went on to state. <p></p><i></i>