Will Mayo/Lourdes run the table in the Big 9?

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

dublrunr

Will Mayo/Lourdes run the table in the Big 9?

Post by dublrunr »

We still play hockey outside the 7 county mosquito control district. Posts have been too metro centered lately.<br><br>No one in the conference or the section has done it yet, so who in the Big 9 is going to take M/L down? <p></p><i></i>
SEhockeyDAD

Roch Mayo/Lourdes

Post by SEhockeyDAD »

Mankato West got close to it tonight: 1-0 win for Roch M/L.<br>West hit 4 pipes! M/L was down 2 forwards to injury in the 2nd period, also and just barely got out of town with a win. Mankato West has been playing good hockey for a few weeks. <p></p><i></i>
hockeyhead

Re: Roch Mayo/Lourdes

Post by hockeyhead »

Mike Sipe is a great coach and his team deserves some recognition!<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
dublrunr

Re: Roch Mayo/Lourdes

Post by dublrunr »

Austin has the best chance to up end M/L. Austin will have a 5 day break after facing East. Mayo will have 3 days rest after facing Albert Lea. Barring injury or illness, the Packers are playing well and will give M/L more trouble than last time.<br><br>Albert Lea has the next best shot. The Tigers are not the same team M/L beat 8-2 in the first week of the season. AL's defense needs to keep the SOG down, especially in the first 5 minutes. If the SOG differential is +/- 1 or 2 between M/L and AL, the Tigers can win.<br><br>I wouldn't dismiss the Huskies or the Winhawks either.<br><br>Albert Lea-Austin-Blake represent three tough games in a row for Mayo/Lourdes. <p></p><i></i>
dasherdude

Mayo/Lourdes

Post by dasherdude »

Hate to say it, but Mayo should run the table. Those 2 players injured? I heard Mayo lost a goalie, any truth to that? <p></p><i></i>
SEhockeyDAD

goalie

Post by SEhockeyDAD »

Both injured girls came back for the 3rd period; Stevie Fiek for sure will be fine for the next game, wait and see for Gretchen Leyendecker. Yes, Mayo/Lourdes is down a goalie, but she'll be back in a couple weeks. <p></p><i></i>
SEhockeyDAD

Mayo/Lourdes

Post by SEhockeyDAD »

M/L beat Rochester JM/Century 5-0. After 2 periods, was 1-0 despite SOG being 37-7. Final SOG was about 55-10 or so. I'm not positive, but JM/C's Jody Holland may not have even gotten a SOG. <p></p><i></i>