Edina's best players on Bantam team

pucklover7

Edina's best players on Bantam team

Post by pucklover7 »

Does anyone know why those kids on the Edina Bantam team are not moving up to the high school team? I went and watched over in circle pines this past weekend, and they have at least four kids that look like they would crack most varsity lineups.<br><br>Buddish<br>Everson<br>Hylok<br>Garder<br><br>There is one more but I can't remember his name. Has anyone seen these kids? Maybe I'm off base but these kids are pretty good. Anyone have any thoughts on this? <br><br>Please don't turn this into a Bantam vs. high school debate, I just want to know what people think of these kids, and if they would make the Edina High School team better. <p></p><i></i>
Duluthhockeyfan

Re: Edina's best players on Bantam team

Post by Duluthhockeyfan »

I've heard about those kids. <br><br>Looking forward to seeing that team at the Spirit of Duluth.<br><br><br>I will hold my opinion until after that! <p></p><i></i>
quantummekanic

Post by quantummekanic »

These guys are good enough for varsity if there are holes to fill. I would consider Buddish as the one with the best chance to be an impact player today at the HS level. The question will be if Edina can hang on to these guys through graduation. <p></p><i></i>
PAMESH

Post by PAMESH »

I heard they want to repeat as the Bantam A state champions. <p></p><i></i>
CoachGuy

Post by CoachGuy »

Many Coaches believe that bantams should stay and maintain that winning mentality, experience, practice at the youth level, and then move up when ready. Better to have those possible 3rd and 4th line kids learn to play with higher caliber players and prepare them for the next level. No need to push them into game play and watch bad habits fester all year. We all know that teams are only as good as their worst player. <p></p><i></i>
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

I've seen those 4 kids that were mentioned from Edina play and they are very talented players. If Edina has 5 that are HS quality, but stay at Bantams, it should be worthwhile for tham to take one last shot at a youth hockey championship.<br><br>CoachGuy is correct with the "Your only as good as your worst player" observation. I would add that if you have an exceptional player at bantams that has HS abilities, but doesn't have many, if any, equal to thier talent level at bantams, then its probably best to make the move. Bad habits, complacency, poor work efforts, etc., can also be learned when the top players have no one to push them.<br><br>With that said, the Edina bantams shouldn't have that problem because they are all highly skilled and will push each other to get better. <p></p><i></i>
Duluthhockeyfan

I would agree with the comment to try and make a push to win one last youth championship. However, they did win the championship last year didn't they? If that is the case, might as well move on and try to build something for the future with the high school team.<br><br>Like I said earlier, I haven't seen them play, but if they are as good as everyone says, isn't Giles running the risk of losing them all together?<br><br>I don't know just a question. <p></p><i></i>
IGiveBlood

Post by IGiveBlood »

Edina has historically not taken Bantam eligible players on their high school team. <p></p><i></i>
PAMESH

Post by PAMESH »

I think those kids are already at the high school. It was their decision to stick together and try to repeat(this is hearsay). They are a heavy favorite as a result. I know Everson has done the BSM stp in the past but has decided to stay with Edina. Even though his mother would love to have him go to private school. doesn't Buddish have a brother that attends Edina already, or did he graaduate? so I believe they are Edina true and Garder(excuse the spelling) has an older brother at Edina as well. I guess if they were going to leave they would have done so already. The only thing that would make them leave would be Giles himself. I have heard some bad things about him. <p></p><i></i>
IGiveBlood

Post by IGiveBlood »

Budish is the youngest of 4 brothers. His older brothers all played Edina varsity and then played at either college or the Juniors.<br>Supposedly these players all decided when they were PeeWee As and won the state title that they are going to stay together and play through high school together instead of breaking up and going to private schools and the juniors the way the last Edina PeeWee A State Champs did. Many are from long time Edina families or families that have been very involved in Edina hockey.<br>All coaches get bad press no matter how good they are. I have watched Curt coach for a number of years and am impressed at how he develops the players. I know that he is looking forward to getting part of last year's Bantam A state champs this year and the remaining next year. Don't believe everything you hear. People are much more likely to spread bad news before good! <p></p><i></i>
shutout

Giles

Post by shutout »

Last season Giles had three of the Bantam "A" players come to tryouts and I know that he offered one defenseman a spot on the varsity, but the kid turned it down because he wanted to stay with his friends and he hated the upper classmen. I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen again if these players are as good as you say! <p></p><i></i>
GNHogger

Re: Giles

Post by GNHogger »

i'd like slingers opinion on how <!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline"><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"team chemistry"</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--></span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--> would be impacted adding a few talented "freshman", presumably bantam A eligible, into the foray with seasoned seniors. if the coach makes room on the varsity for the "new guys" he risks upsetting the team (senior) chemistry. to what end? appears to be a crap shoot unless the upperclassmen are very marginal to begin with and could care less who they play with. <p></p><i></i>
Pucknutz69

Edina Bantams

Post by Pucknutz69 »

I had the pleasure of watching and working with some of these kids this past summer. I had a blast just watching them play.<br><br>Buddish<br>Gaardner<br>Regen<br>Baker <br>Everson <br>Lee<br><br>They are a great group of kids. They have a great chemistry. They will all go on to play some where.<br><br>Good luck to them this year.<br> <p></p><i></i>
hockeyJ

Edina

Post by hockeyJ »

Last year Edina was a really talented bantam team and it showed cuz they won state. Does anyone know if all those guys on that team are staying in Edina and their not goin to some private school? (a.k.a AHA) <p></p><i></i>
masterstater110

Post by masterstater110 »

Yes, they are good, but lets see waht the season has in store for this team. I meab there are some high potential teams around the state. <p></p><i></i>
Duluthhockeyfan

Is there a way to find out their schedule, to see if they are making any trips up north this year before the spirit of duluth. If these kids do end up leaving for high school, I'd like to see them play before hand. <p></p><i></i>
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.edinahockeyassociation.com/">Edina Youth Hockey</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>Navigate to the Bantam A page, a schedule with scores is listed. <p></p><i></i>