High School or Juniors

PASH2

High School or Juniors

Post by PASH2 »

Does anyone know where i can get some good information on the Debate Topic of playing high school hockey or skipping your senior year to play Juniors??? Does anyone have any information on the Upside to Playing Juniors instead of high school??? Please let me know. <p></p><i></i>
dank06

Re: High School or Juniors

Post by dank06 »

Depends on your highschool. If you play with a good team that plays a competitive schedule, i highly reccomend highschool. <br>A bad program however (or a light schedule) would make one consider the options of juniors. <p></p><i></i>
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

Here is a link to a thread about High School or Junior B.<br>EzCode Parsing Error:=<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://p100.ezboard.com/fmnhsfrm1.showM ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> neww <p></p><i></i>
hillhockey

Post by hillhockey »

If you're good enough to play D1 then there is no reason to skip your senior year. You might start college a year behind your classmates, but senior year is something you can't get back. <p></p><i></i>
PASH2

Post by PASH2 »

Well I am doing this as a Debate Project in School and i was hoping i could find some facts or statistics about what happens to players when they go to juniors apposed to staying at high school. This is more of a should i be allowed type of thread rather than should the player do it or not. <p></p><i></i>
dank06

should it be allowed

Post by dank06 »

Obviously it should definitely stay allowed.<br>You can argue that it is the players decision to leave school and pursue other opportunities. There is no law in having him stay at school. <br>good luck in debate class (probably hard to find stats though - although you could go to minor leagues like WHL and they probably have matriculation rates to the nhl on thier websites) <p></p><i></i>
2DaRink

Juniors or High School

Post by 2DaRink »

The upside to playing Junior A is that you play 60 plus games in a season verses 30 for Minnesota High School. However, depending on the teams schedule for games/practices/off ice conditioning it takes a very good student to balance both. If you want to play in the USHL your chances are best if you make the move during your high school years. The NAHL is best for players that have finished high school or those that don’t have a good high school program to play in. I think what so many players forget is that even if you make it to Division I, hockey will be over for 98% of them. So, pick a school where you are going to get a GREAT EDUCATION, because you will need to get a job when hockey is over! <p></p><i></i>