taylor matson

Spartan9

taylor matson

Post by Spartan9 »

i heard that this kid is the real deal. Nobody can even try to skate with him, he is a quick lil mo fo. he played with chris azad and morgan nelson. i also heard that he commited to to the gophers. this is not a suprise to me, i have been living in orono since 1971 and he will be the first solid d 1 player to come out. i heard he knows red who drives a big white truck matso..........dont forget about your roots!!!!!!!!!!! <p></p><i></i>
Zamman

Re: taylor matson

Post by Zamman »

I have not heard if Matson has signed with the Gophers or not, but he is one fast little mo fo... I will agree.<br><br>Spartan9 did you play at Orono?<br>If so what happened with coach Armstrong???? <p>________________________________<br>Academy of Holy Angels<br>2005 GIRLS STATE CHAMPS!<br>2002 & 2005 BOYS STATE CHAMPS!!<br>GO STARS!!</p><i></i>
Breck God

armstrong

Post by Breck God »

coach armstrong was fired for over playing the two best players on the 2003 team, his son drew and sam kelly. he refused to let lesser talents play in front of them. he also gave them very special privaleges. i heard that those two didnt even ride the same team bus as the rest of the team. i also heard that they both recieved a signing bonus to play for orono since their skills were in such high demand that year. but again, these are just allegations and the true facts are unknown <p></p><i></i>
starsalum

Re: orono

Post by starsalum »

hahahaha. <p></p><i></i>
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

OK, now tell me the real reason he is no longer coaching. Seriously....<br>He was an assistant coach at AHA in the late 70's...<br>Any help is appreciated. <p>________________________________<br>Academy of Holy Angels<br>2005 GIRLS STATE CHAMPS!<br>2002 & 2005 BOYS STATE CHAMPS!!<br>GO STARS!!</p><i></i>
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

zamman...i'm not sure that post, though somewhat sarcastic, was too far off the truth, in some people's minds...<br><br>I'm thinking the expectations at Orono have been tremendous and during his long tenure there, the combination of unmet expectations and accumulted enemies added up so that it was time for him to move on in the minds of many people. At least, that' s the take I had on the situation when it happened. <p></p><i></i>
Breck God

armstrong

Post by Breck God »

he was fired because he played two kids who had no business ever even being on ice, especially with the large amount of talent that was already on that team that year. <p></p><i></i>