NSS SPELLS SUCCESS?

icedreamer11

NSS SPELLS SUCCESS?

Post by icedreamer11 »

I heard that Vandevelde and Brian Lee of Moorhead tore it up at the NHL Combine. I know they worked their tails off with Noonan Strength Systems getting ready for it. I was wondering if anyone new of other Minnesota kids who went and how they did? Also does anyone know anything about the Noonan Strength Systems program and how to go about getting into it? <p></p><i></i>
JLS 81

Yup

Post by JLS 81 »

It is an easy program to get into. I can spell it out for you S-0-L-I-C-I-T-A-T-I-O-N <p></p><i></i>
ToTheNines

Training for the next level

Post by ToTheNines »

ice dreamer-<br><br>If you are in the Twin Cities I would look at training at THE EDGE TRAINING CENTER in Plymouth. It is a pretty impressive facility, if you need a reccommendation ask any of the NHLer's still in town where they are training.<br><br>check out www.edgetrainingcenters.com<br><br>regards <p></p><i></i>
icedreamer11

Re: Training for the next level

Post by icedreamer11 »

THANKS NINES! <p></p><i></i>
goofygirlinva

Post by goofygirlinva »

ToTheNines,<br>FYI, when I typed your link in, it didn't work, so I did a google search and found this link instead. I presume this is the same place?<br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.sportstrainingcenters.com/" target="top">www.sportstrainingcenters.com/</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
ToTheNines

Post by ToTheNines »

Thanks Goofy!<br><br>That is the place.<br><br>Nines <p></p><i></i>
power92

Post by power92 »

I see alot of NHL players training at the Hockey Performance Academy, as well. I think Lawton has a deal going there.<br> <p></p><i></i>
JLS 81

Post by JLS 81 »

icedreamer,<br>Your post kind of came off as a product endorsement or "leader". So I kind of did my best ER Empire/BIAP imitation . Sorry to have ruffled your feathers since you did not mean to be fronting or marketing a program. <p></p><i></i>
icedreamer11

Re: Post

Post by icedreamer11 »

That's fine JLS 81, I'm actually an out dated has been player that sees a lot of innovative programs out there. I wish there would have been more than pyramid training and 3 sets of 10 when I was still playing. I am curious on all/or how many companies are out there tayloring their programs to be hockey specific. And in anyone's opinion are these programs spendy? and are they worth it? <p></p><i></i>
NSS

NSS SPELLS SUCCESS

Post by NSS »

It is true that both vande and lee worked their tales off for the NHL combine. They both believe that proper preparation is the key to success. I think this attitude showed at the combine and during there high school careers. I take my hat off to all the seniors this year, for the past 6 years they have laid it all on the line for MHS. They have spent countless hours preparing themselves for battle every time they stepped on the ice. Ammo congrats on St. Cloud and to all others that wore the black and orange so proudly.<br><br>Now let’s talk training. There are definitely some dos and don’ts when it comes to training. One of the most important things is make sure your trainer is qualified. Coaches are not always the proper off ice training coach, make sure the trainer has a good solid background in education and is currently holding a valid certification (I like the NSCA). Make sure the workouts are not just play time, with younger athletes you must make sure they are having fun so that they want to come back in future years but you must also make them know when its work time its work time. What should be in a good off ice program? Everything!!!! I can’t stress this enough, whatever you do on the ice you must replicate off the ice. We use drills that emphasize: speed, power, change of direction, hand eye coordination, balance, footwork, strength, Olympic lifts, agility, and flexibility and so on. Your program must have all of these aspects, and the trainer must use drills and techniques to incorporate them all together. If your program is just centering around strength, or straight ahead speed or any one idea you will have short comings in other areas. A properly completely trained athlete will take advantage of these short comings and devour you. Also workouts must continue to be updated. Everyday we are finding out new and useful ideas in the field of strength and conditioning. Make sure your program evolves with modern ideas. If you are still doing the same drills day after day year after year it is time for a change. That’s some ideas in a nutshell.<br><br>You should always be tested pre and post training. If they don’t do this I would have to guess the results you are looking for are not going to be there when the training sessions are over. We train year round. Once you stop training you begin to detrain, if you workout all June July and august and then lay around till hockey starts you are not ready to go. You must constantly train. Feel free to hit me up with any training questions, I will do my best to answer them. It all comes down to the three Ds: dedication desire and discipline. NSS<br><br>PS JLS 81 I’m not sure what you are talking about solicitation? I don’t even advertise! My athlete’s results are how I advertise my training business. <br> <p></p><i></i>