12u A State Tournament

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

HockeyStorm

12u A State Tournament

Post by HockeyStorm »

Some surprises this weekend at regions, but that is what makes it fun! Surprised to see Wayzata, Stillwater, Anoka, and Woodbury get knocked out but so many good teams they are all deserving!

First round matchups;

Duluth vs. White Bear Lake - Can David knock off Goliath and make the north proud?

Mound-Westonka vs. Lakeville South - Mound has been solid all year, but I expect Lakeville to give them everything they can handle.

Roseau vs. Eagan - I think this will be the best first round game of the tournament.

Andover vs. Edina Green - Both very solid clubs, this one may come down to whoever has the hotter goaltender.

I would say WBL is the favorite but would not be surprised if they didn't win it, lots of talent in this tournament!
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

I watched Duluth play Wayzata in Blaine early in the year. They played as well or better than any team I've seen this year. Their goalie played incredibly, and they have a wing (#4? Sorry I've seen a lot of games since then) who was shockingly fast. Haven't seen WBL but their record speaks for itself.

Andover is a great team this year. I've seen them a lot and other than a game they seemed to sleep through, the highlights were incredibly high and not a lot of lowlights.

Ill pick Duluth as my underdog, Andover as my district pick, and anyone who can beat Edina.

Congrats to all of these girls!
Otter

Re: 12u A State Tournament

Post by Otter »

HockeyStorm wrote: First round matchups;

Duluth vs. White Bear Lake - Can David knock off Goliath and make the north proud?
Huh?
Are you saying that WBL, with a population one fourth as large as Duluth, is Goliath? And Duluth, with 100K+ people, is David? If your association does a crappy job and the teams aren't very good, that's fine, but don't give us the BS about "poor little northern teams". WBL's association draws from a population of about 40K, including Vadnais Hts and Dellwood and the new town of Columbus.