YHH: Pre-Season AAA Rankings

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub

YHH: Pre-Season AAA Rankings

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

We only ranked the top 5 at all age levels. Some divisions there are enough to go 10 deep and others there are not...so we kept them all at 5 (for now). If we think there are more teams as the season progresses we may move it to 10.

We also do a Top 10 teams in Minnesota...kind of a different way to look at how dominant a team is within their own class vs. the other classes.

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/2013-pre- ... -rankings/

Enjoy,

TS
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Is something wrong?

We rank six age classes and a top 10 MN AAA teams and not one comment on our site or on here. Hmmm.

I have some AAA blind spots (2004 for good reason), and not one complaint or miss? The rankings had a very high first day viewership...I'm perplexed.

TZ
CoachMan

Post by CoachMan »

Ok, i iwill bite. I think the 2001 Machine deserve a higher ranking. IMO they are more dominant than any 02 team is. Just my two cents
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

If you would have started ranking 05 or 06's you would have heard from OG !!!!
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

This is awesome. It reminds me of picking up wrestling magazines as a kid and seeing them try to compare guys from the NWA to the WWWF. How would Harley Race fare against Bruno Sammartino?
Be kind. Rewind.
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

I read the article but it's really the same old stuff. Blades, Machine, blah, blah, blah. It's the same AAA teams covered and talked about around here ad nauseum. There is another thread on here about the number of 2002 teams in the state, I think it's up to 45, and that's not counting the number of out of state teams coming from the Dakotas and Wisconsin to play in Minnesota tournaments. Why not provide some insight on some of them?

I guess what I am saying is there are a ton more teams out there nobody talks about and it gets old hearing about the same 2-3 organizations all the time.

That's my 2 cents.
MNM JMH

Post by MNM JMH »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:Is something wrong?

We rank six age classes and a top 10 MN AAA teams and not one comment on our site or on here. Hmmm.

I have some AAA blind spots (2004 for good reason), and not one complaint or miss? The rankings had a very high first day viewership...I'm perplexed.

TZ
Cuz all the crap you write on here isnt worth replying to 8)
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

SCBlueLiner wrote:I read the article but it's really the same old stuff. Blades, Machine, blah, blah, blah. It's the same AAA teams covered and talked about around here ad nauseum. There is another thread on here about the number of 2002 teams in the state, I think it's up to 45, and that's not counting the number of out of state teams coming from the Dakotas and Wisconsin to play in Minnesota tournaments. Why not provide some insight on some of them?

I guess what I am saying is there are a ton more teams out there nobody talks about and it gets old hearing about the same 2-3 organizations all the time.

That's my 2 cents.
It's actually going away from being just those programs.
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

MrBoDangles wrote:
SCBlueLiner wrote:I read the article but it's really the same old stuff. Blades, Machine, blah, blah, blah. It's the same AAA teams covered and talked about around here ad nauseum. There is another thread on here about the number of 2002 teams in the state, I think it's up to 45, and that's not counting the number of out of state teams coming from the Dakotas and Wisconsin to play in Minnesota tournaments. Why not provide some insight on some of them?

That's my 2 cents.
True. then the coverage should reflect that.
goaliewithfoggedglasses

Post by goaliewithfoggedglasses »

If the 04 Miracle Gold are that good why are they playing at the open level of the Meltdown Tournament? Is this the same team or is there a "Black" version?
barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell »

2001 Northern Elite - what is that?

That overall top 10 ranking is pointless.

Post by 2112 »

Maybe YHH will have the top AAA player at each level and Freddie could do a top 50 list, and they could post a picture of them playing hockey in the winter. That might get some traffic for you. :lol: :lol:
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

SCBlueLiner wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:

That's my 2 cents.
True. then the coverage should reflect that.
Maybe it will... :D
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

Where is fredderick60 top 50 mini-mites in North Ameria?

Do I have to google?

That will surely get blood pumping and conversation going! :D :D :D
BenDangle

Post by BenDangle »

How about ranking more than just five, YHH? Any fool could roll out the top 5: Blades, Machine (filp), Machine, Blades (flip)

To your credit you got a pretty good grasp of AAA - at least the 01 and 03, that I can tell. Glad you are doing AAA this year.
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

Or how about ranking AAA by Invite/Elite level and another ranking for Open level? Kind of like there are rankings during the winter for AA, A, B1, etc. Could be exhaustive but would be interesting.
barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell »

barry_mcconnell wrote:2001 Northern Elite - what is that?

That overall top 10 ranking is pointless.
Anyone know anything about this program? #3 team in the 2001 ranking?
summerisforbaseball

Post by summerisforbaseball »

2002 Euro American team is as good or better than 2002 Orange. Euro played Machine very tough last year. Euro upgraded their roster a bit. Should be a fun season.
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

Hmm, i haven't heard of many changes to the 02 teams such as the Machine Orange and the Euro Reds.....I did hear the Blades team is somewhat different than last year but thats just because its no longer their brick team.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

summerisforbaseball wrote:2002 Euro American team is as good or better than 2002 Orange. Euro played Machine very tough last year. Euro upgraded their roster a bit. Should be a fun season.
I watched the 02 EA team get smoked by the 03 Blades on Saturday. Unbelievable little farts!
checco33

Post by checco33 »

!!
Last edited by checco33 on Tue May 07, 2013 7:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

OK, thanks for clarifying. Still was astounded by the skill of that Blades team.
checco33

Post by checco33 »

no worries...that 2003 Blades team is very good. It's a Brick year for them, so they should be loaded.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Where does the Machine Black rank ?? @ the 02 ?? No I don't have a kid in the program !!!
Texmex

Post by Texmex »

The 99, 01 and 02 Black are top 5 teams. They won all their tourneys last summer, except for one. They always have the upper hand in score and in talent over some of the listed 3-5 ranked teams. Don't know why they are ranked their by YHH.