Vintage state hockey video?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Would you be interested to see replays of archived state tournament hockey games?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 14

mnmouth

Vintage state hockey video?

Post by mnmouth »

I am sure there are innumerable high school hockey fans who would love to watch archived state tourney video, either of complete games or clips. According to the Vintage MN hockey site, the tournament was first broadcast in 1961. Yet, except for select video or bastardized features (East v. Apple Valley 1996 - no mention of Dylan Mills' possible game-winner in the legendary semifinal???) fans have no access to these game broadcasts. This is incredibly frustrating in the age of You Tube. There must be cans of film in vaults or video stored away at KSTP, KMSP, et al. I have contacted personnel at these stations to no avail. Same with the MSHSL.

I am thinking that nearly 100% of forum users would be thrilled to view past tournament games or buy copies of select games. If there is enough support generated through this post, I would happily contact the powers that be about releasing copies of these games.

Additionally, there may be some dude out there who already knows how this can be accomplished. If so, please respond!
luckyEPDad

Re: Vintage state hockey video?

Post by luckyEPDad »

mnmouth wrote:I am sure there are innumerable high school hockey fans who would love to watch archived state tourney video, either of complete games or clips. According to the Vintage MN hockey site, the tournament was first broadcast in 1961. Yet, except for select video or bastardized features (East v. Apple Valley 1996 - no mention of Dylan Mills' possible game-winner in the legendary semifinal???) fans have no access to these game broadcasts. This is incredibly frustrating in the age of You Tube. There must be cans of film in vaults or video stored away at KSTP, KMSP, et al. I have contacted personnel at these stations to no avail. Same with the MSHSL.

I am thinking that nearly 100% of forum users would be thrilled to view past tournament games or buy copies of select games. If there is enough support generated through this post, I would happily contact the powers that be about releasing copies of these games.

Additionally, there may be some dude out there who already knows how this can be accomplished. If so, please respond!
I hope I'm wrong but I think you'll be unpleasantly surprised. I worked at a television station and they kept almost no archive tapes. Live broadcasts were often not taped at all.