Bruce Olson. Roseau and Warroad coach.

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

salol44

Bruce Olson. Roseau and Warroad coach.

Post by salol44 »

There is only one guy that I can think of that has been the head coach at both Roseau and Warroad high school. He won the state tournament in 1999 with Roseau, yes they played AA, and he has brought Warroad to state on a few different occasions. That is a guy that is dedicated to high school hockey.

He was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer which is not treatable. Times are tough but he is keeping his head up! If you know him you can check out caring bridge.com or pm me.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

God bless Bruce. We will pray.
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

Good luck Bruce!!
hipcheck

Ole

Post by hipcheck »

What I admire about Bruce, is he coached. He did not play the "politically correct" attitude towards his team. If a player was stinking up the ice, he was benched and another player was given the chance to prove himself.

Bruce loves coaching and I truly hope he can continue what he loves to do. Our schools need more just like him!
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

This is very sad indeed. As a coach he was tough as nails. He expected his team to be the toughest mentally and physically. I can assure you that he is not at home feeling sorry for himself. He'll face this challenge head on.
Sartellcelly

Olson

Post by Sartellcelly »

Sats81

Re: Olson

Post by Sats81 »

Very sad to hear. RIP.
Puckguy19

Re: Olson

Post by Puckguy19 »

Sats81 wrote:
Very sad to hear. RIP.
Celebration of Life on Saturday, 12 noon, at the Roseau High School Gymnasium. Gathering for family/friends at the WarRoad Estates Golf Course, on Friday after 7:00 pm.