Warroad @ East Grand Forks 17 Dec

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Air Force 1

Warroad @ East Grand Forks 17 Dec

Post by Air Force 1 »

Warroad had a tough road weekend and EGF continued on the road to recovery after a tough start against Bemidji and Brainerd.

Common opponents so far: LOW, Warroad Win 1-0, EGF Win 4-2. Warroad will host Bemidji before the EGF game so there will be another common opponent, EGF lost that matchup 4-1.

Thoughts? Predictions?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

EGF by 2
hockeyfan23

Post by hockeyfan23 »

EGF 3 Warroad 1
MNHockey_6

Post by MNHockey_6 »

Until they prove otherwise I still think EGF is overrated, not to mention Warroad is still the team to beat in Section 8... Warroad by 1.
Rkhockey_7

Post by Rkhockey_7 »

Warroad 5-4
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

MNHockey_6 wrote:Until they prove otherwise I still think EGF is overrated, not to mention Warroad is still the team to beat in Section 8... Warroad by 1.
Overrated?

EGF by 3........
Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 »

A bump to get this going again in time for the matchup on Friday.

Update on the common opponents so far:

LOW - Warroad Win 1-0, EGF Win 4-2
Bemidji - Warroad Loss 1-0, EGF Loss 4-1

EGF overrated? Where are they rated?
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

Warroad 2
EGF 1
2001 & 2006 State Participant
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

Any new thoughts now that Berrrrrrrrrrrmidji has defeated Warroad, TRF, and a depleted EGF team?

I am picking EGF to win by 3.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

TTpuckster wrote:Any new thoughts now that Berrrrrrrrrrrmidji has defeated Warroad, TRF, and a depleted EGF team?

I am picking EGF to win by 3.
EGF by2 as long as it is in EGF

We will be looking for updates... keep me & TT posted
nungitchida

Post by nungitchida »

the whole section 8 , looks alot down from previous years, warriors lost there whole team last year,one player Nelson he took the whole team on his shoulders last year and everyone knows it, they have know one who knows how to finish, now we will see how good there coach really is. :oops: :lol:
egf by 4
hockeyfan23

Post by hockeyfan23 »

score for this game?
Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 »

hockeyfan23 wrote:score for this game?
3 - 0 EGF FINAL
Cobber

Post by Cobber »

The Warroad team is probably in turmoil after having their goalie move to Roseau this week.
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

Cobber wrote:The Warroad team is probably in turmoil after having their goalie move to Roseau this week.
What???????

Can somebody elaborate on this?
ivycreek

Post by ivycreek »

Cobber wrote:The Warroad team is probably in turmoil after having their goalie move to Roseau this week.
Ironic since just a couple of years ago Vatsndal went to Warroad for his senior season.
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

TTpuckster wrote:
What???????

Looks to me like Foster played last night...not sure which goalie you're referring to? The real problem is they can't get enough offense going. Since that 9-2 victory over Orono in the season opener, the Warriors have just five goals in five games and they've been shut out in the last two (Bemidji and EGF).
nungitchida

Post by nungitchida »

dueling21 wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
What???????

Looks to me like Foster played last night...not sure which goalie you're referring to? The real problem is they can't get enough offense going. Since that 9-2 victory over Orono in the season opener, the Warriors have just five goals in five games and they've been shut out in the last two (Bemidji and EGF).
Actually Orono was there second game they played Mound West-tonka first. and it looks like it is there second or third string goalie there talking about some thompson kid, not happy about his playing time heard he"s a sliver butt any how :lol:
hockeyma

Post by hockeyma »

sliver butt! lol :lol: What is that??????
Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 »

hockeyma wrote:sliver butt! lol :lol: What is that??????
I'm guessing it is because he sits on the bench so much. If you are refering to Dillion Thompson, not enough playing time? He has 0 minutes so far this season.
black&yellow

Post by black&yellow »

nungitchida wrote:the whole section 8 , looks alot down from previous years, warriors lost there whole team last year,one player Nelson he took the whole team on his shoulders last year and everyone knows it, they have know one who knows how to finish, now we will see how good there coach really is. :oops: :lol:
egf by 4

That is true. Nelson scored a lot. This warrior team lacks a natural goal scorer. We've always had a natural scorer(Selvog, Oshie, Marvin, Ravendalen, Nelson). This team lacks that. They just have to start playing some old time Warrior Grind puck and out hustle and out hit their opponents. I am not giving up on this Warrior team. No one should. The kids just all I have to figure out their roles.
mn miracle man

Post by mn miracle man »

Air Force 1 wrote:
hockeyma wrote:sliver butt! lol :lol: What is that??????
I'm guessing it is because he sits on the bench so much. If you are refering to Dillion Thompson, not enough playing time? He has 0 minutes so far this season.
I don't think anyone will be losing any sleep over that move. Have to be pretty selfish to leave your hometown and the kids you grew up with to "play" for their rival. Most likely will be much better off, just need to find some guys that can find the back of the net!
Cobber

Post by Cobber »

The main reason he was not getting playing time is he was having trouble staying eligble in Warroad maybe Roseau can overlook that.