7A Final Hibbing vs. Virginia

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will be 7A champs?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:20 pm

Jackets
47%
Devils
53%

Total votes: 47

nickmon3

7A Final Hibbing vs. Virginia

Post by nickmon3 »

Game is at the DECC in duluth on wednesday 3/3 (not sure what time). Classic IRC rivalry. Jackets 7A finals at the DECC the last 7 years and lost every time. Predictions?
The fighting team has a hockey problem
ryno44

Post by ryno44 »

Hibbing is gunna bring the town to the decc and then gunna bring them to St. Paul.

Lets pull through this year Hibbing.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Game time is 7:30.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
nickmon3

Post by nickmon3 »

east hockey wrote:Game time is 7:30.

Lee
Thanks dude
The fighting team has a hockey problem
dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 »

one word says it all
HIBBING!
bring there A game and bring the town to st.paul!

lets go jackets!!!!!!
mnhockeynemn

Re: 7A Final Hibbing vs. Virginia

Post by mnhockeynemn »

nickmon3 wrote:Game is at the DECC in duluth on wednesday 3/3 (not sure what time). Classic IRC rivalry. Jackets 7A finals at the DECC the last 7 years and lost every time. Predictions?
Looking foward to see them repeating that for the 8th year. [-o<
Northern Minnesota, Now that's real Hockey!
BDfan

Re: 7A Final Hibbing vs. Virginia

Post by BDfan »

mnhockeynemn wrote:
nickmon3 wrote:Game is at the DECC in duluth on wednesday 3/3 (not sure what time). Classic IRC rivalry. Jackets 7A finals at the DECC the last 7 years and lost every time. Predictions?
Looking foward to see them repeating that for the 8th year. [-o<
:lol:

I think that this will be a much closer game than last year's section final.
I obviously want Virginia to win, but this game could go either way. Whoever wins this game will win by 1.
Don't stop believin'
ryno44

Post by ryno44 »

Anyone know what time they let people into the arena? The decc will be packed.
mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn »

ryno44 wrote:Anyone know what time they let people into the arena? The decc will be packed.
Virginia probably gets to go in at about 6 Hibbing maybe 9?
ryno44

Post by ryno44 »

mnhockeynemn wrote:
ryno44 wrote:Anyone know what time they let people into the arena? The decc will be packed.
Face it, the better team won. kinda like how virginia was the better team and they won today. games over, you can cheer for Virginia all you want now. :D
dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 »

mnhockeynemn wrote:
are you by any chance willie corrin? you both have no class. yeah, i was hoping marshall would win today as im sure virginia fans were hoping hibbing would loose. its part of a rivarly. but theres a really good one that you will be able to watch wednesday.
mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn »

dirtracing17 wrote:
mnhockeynemn wrote:
are you by any chance willie corrin? you both have no class. yeah, i was hoping marshall would win today as im sure virginia fans were hoping hibbing would loose. its part of a rivarly. but theres a really good one that you will be able to watch wednesday.
Hibbing High School Grad i'm sure, countless times we've asked that if your going to diss someone or another team at least use your spellcheck. Good Try, and no i'm not Willie Corrin. but good try. I'm sure you were hoping marshall would win today but now, your students are going to have to come up with better disrespectful remarks and ryno is going to have to come up with some good ref complaints to beat Virginia.
tbrock97

Post by tbrock97 »

I believe Hibbing went to state in 2004. So I am not sure if the section final was @ the Decc for 7 straight years or what. But look it up on minnhock.com. Also, for the people that just hate Hibbing, and are pissed that we are now single A. I can guarantee that we were single A in the "94 and "95 season. And we did play double "AA" in the '97 season for sure and we lost to Duluth East 3 -2 in the setion final. We WERE one of the best teams in the state at that time, its not Hibbings fault enrollment has affected every school in Northen MN. Greenway was "AA" at one time to, things change. Hibbing has how many state titles compared to Virginia's? Nobody's bitchin @ I. Falls for being single "A" and I believe they have the most state titles of anybody.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Go Hibbing! 3-1
mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn »

tbrock97 wrote:I believe Hibbing went to state in 2004. So I am not sure if the section final was @ the Decc for 7 straight years or what. But look it up on minnhock.com. Also, for the people that just hate Hibbing, and are pissed that we are now single A. I can guarantee that we were single A in the "94 and "95 season. And we did play double "AA" in the '97 season for sure and we lost to Duluth East 3 -2 in the setion final. We WERE one of the best teams in the state at that time, its not Hibbings fault enrollment has affected every school in Northen MN. Greenway was "AA" at one time to, things change. Hibbing has how many state titles compared to Virginia's? Nobody's bitchin @ I. Falls for being single "A" and I believe they have the most state titles of anybody.
Thats because Int'l Falls has half as many students as hibbing plus hibbing is combined with chisholm which adds even more, and alot less than virginia. If you have to go back as far as to 94 and 97 seasons to make a point than its POINTLESS. But thanks for the compliment, yeah we do have the most state titles. :)
bronx18

Post by bronx18 »

VIRGINIA!!! There is noway Hibbing will beat them twice in one season, especially being at the DECC where they just can't seem to win! 3-2 Virginia.
tbrock97

Post by tbrock97 »

[quote="mnhockeynemn"][quote="tbrock97"]I believe Hibbing went to state in 2004. So I am not sure if the section final was @ the Decc for 7 straight years or what. But look it up on minnhock.com. Also, for the people that just hate Hibbing, and are pissed that we are now single A. I can guarantee that we were single A in the "94 and "95 season. And we did play double "AA" in the '97 season for sure and we lost to Duluth East 3 -2 in the setion final. We WERE one of the best teams in the state at that time, its not Hibbings fault enrollment has affected every school in Northen MN. Greenway was "AA" at one time to, things change. Hibbing has how many state titles compared to Virginia's? Nobody's bitchin @ I. Falls for being single "A" and I believe they have the most state titles of anybody.[/quote]

Thats because Int'l Falls has half as many students as hibbing plus hibbing is combined with chisholm which adds even more, and alot less than virginia. If you have to go back as far as to 94 and 97 seasons to make a point than its POINTLESS. But thanks for the compliment, yeah we do have the most state titles. :)[/quote]

well ya lost to Hibbing.................again
mnhockeynemn

Post by mnhockeynemn »

tbrock97 wrote:
mnhockeynemn wrote:
tbrock97 wrote:I believe Hibbing went to state in 2004. So I am not sure if the section final was @ the Decc for 7 straight years or what. But look it up on minnhock.com. Also, for the people that just hate Hibbing, and are pissed that we are now single A. I can guarantee that we were single A in the "94 and "95 season. And we did play double "AA" in the '97 season for sure and we lost to Duluth East 3 -2 in the setion final. We WERE one of the best teams in the state at that time, its not Hibbings fault enrollment has affected every school in Northen MN. Greenway was "AA" at one time to, things change. Hibbing has how many state titles compared to Virginia's? Nobody's bitchin @ I. Falls for being single "A" and I believe they have the most state titles of anybody.
Thats because Int'l Falls has half as many students as hibbing plus hibbing is combined with chisholm which adds even more, and alot less than virginia. If you have to go back as far as to 94 and 97 seasons to make a point than its POINTLESS. But thanks for the compliment, yeah we do have the most state titles. :)
well ya lost to Hibbing.................again
yeah, and your not going to state AGAIN, I really hope the Devils beat you in Overtime, its makes the victory that much sweeter. Especially listening to it on 106.3 and the announcer getting so mad he drops the microphone and goes off the air at the end of the game furious(at hermantown), wow even hibbing's media can't even show any class.

By the way that same announcer of yours said that first goal that was waived off of the broncos actually went in, and he said that hibbing got real lucky for that one. REALLY?
orlo4457

Post by orlo4457 »

anyone have any idea if this game will be available online anyone have any info on that please.... o yea virginia by 2.... should be one great game.
ryno44

Post by ryno44 »

mnhockeynemn wrote:
you want to talk about chisholm? they have 1 kid from chisholm on VARSITY. 2 on JV. thats a ton of kids. Don't you think? I bet Virginia doesn't have to many kids from Mountain Iron or Buhl.
dirtracing17

Post by dirtracing17 »

i love how you say the winner of last nights game will go to state but when your team looses you turn to the AA thing and says the reffing was bad but have yet to tell me one bad call. i have said the calls that should have been called in every game i blame the reffs. i guess you really dont care if the better team wins the section, just want hibbing to loose and maybe see an embarrassment to section 7a at state
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Are a lot of you guys drinking paint thinner? Holy cow you can beat a dead horse black and blue! Image
rangehockeyfan79

Post by rangehockeyfan79 »

Both teams (Hibbing& Ifalls) played very well lastnight. I'm glad Hibbing came out hard instead of laying back. Good 3 periods of hockey. I take Hibbing over VA by 1. Should be a great game and vary packed arena.

GO BLUEJACKETS!!

Break the slump and skate to state!!
backrinkrat

Post by backrinkrat »

The trash talk continues. Hockey fans it always hurts to be on the losing side That's the nature of the game.Devils- Jackets rematch at the Decc will be a great game alot of emotion for both sides. Can't describe the intensity that each player will have but unless you have played in any sport or competition its very hard to describe what an athlete is going threw at the moment. For the fan of the game it can be equally emotional. The title game Virginia - Hibbing , winner takes the trip to the X loser goes home. For the fans show some good sportsmanship and for the players play the game as it should be played.I don't know which club will come out on top but both teams deserve the chance they sure earned it.Lets remember the team that advances will represent sec 7a at state tournament GOOD LUCK TO BOTH ! Just a fan of Northern Hockey.
northhockey1994

Post by northhockey1994 »

This should be another good game like the one at the memorial building. I will take hibbing 3-1 EN