#6 Mankato West @ #3 New Prague 2-25

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

R1nk Rat 174

#6 Mankato West @ #3 New Prague 2-25

Post by R1nk Rat 174 »

Both teams are hot and played very well down the stretch, with bigs wins over section opponents. The Trojans looking to bounce back after the loss to Shako

Who you taking??
ha these Section 1A quarterfinal matchups are going to be fun to watch
PoNd HocKey ChAmP67

Post by PoNd HocKey ChAmP67 »

having a tough time picking the winner of this game, both are playing so well. Should be an exciting one though. This one could really go either way, but I think im going to go New Prague 4-2
GopherPuck15

Post by GopherPuck15 »

My upset of the quarterfinals: #6 Mankato West over #3 New Prague 4-2.
watchthis

Post by watchthis »

New Prague will win.. play very storng at home. beat farmington 6-0 redwing 6-2 hutchinson 3-0
all home games. should be interesting but i think NP will take this one 5-2
Chalk_Talk

Post by Chalk_Talk »

These two teams that are very similar. Both have good goal tending, and neither team is a high powered offense. I think there will be two major factors in the hame. Home ice and PP and PK. I also look for West to do something they have not done much this year. They will shorten the bench and roll two lines and spot in the third.
OU812

Post by OU812 »

New Prague deserves to be favored in this game. They have the bigger wins, and are at home. I like the job Coach Lonke has done (btw, just think of the team he would have had if Darren Lapic and Seth Ambroz still played for the Trojans).

West could pull it off - Campbell and Jose are senior defensemen who are as good as any D pair in the Big 9, and Kaufman has been very good in net. The power play has come around. Like all season, a wild card for West could be the play of the five or six sophomores who get regular ice time.

Prediction: West 4-3
curtiscurve

Post by curtiscurve »

Even though West has played well the last half of the year, I have to give the edge to New Prague. NP 4 MW 1
scarlethockey33

Post by scarlethockey33 »

west 3-2

tightest quarterfinal game in section 1a. both teams have good goal tenders with Joe Morris and Jake Kaufman, either have an explosive offense, both have more of a balanced scoring attack.

key for mankato west:
keep it a low scoring game, play well in the defensive zone, don't let new prague get 30-40 on kaufman.
R1nk Rat 174

Post by R1nk Rat 174 »

New Prague 3
Mankato West 2
JRdeeez

Post by JRdeeez »

NP 7-3
Chalk_Talk

Post by Chalk_Talk »

Is this game on the radio? If so what station, and do they stream over the web?
cheese

Post by cheese »

in my opinion this should be the best quarterfinal matchup in 1A. even though new prague is at home and was the better team most of the year, im gonna take MW in this matchup 3-2 in double OT. just a prediction
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

Chalk_Talk wrote:Is this game on the radio? If so what station, and do they stream over the web?
It is on kchk radio 1350 am. Doesn't go much beyond New Prague at night.
They do stream some of their stuff. website is

http://www.kchkradio.net/
Chalk_Talk

Post by Chalk_Talk »

hockeydad wrote:
Chalk_Talk wrote:Is this game on the radio? If so what station, and do they stream over the web?
It is on kchk radio 1350 am. Doesn't go much beyond New Prague at night.
They do stream some of their stuff. website is

http://www.kchkradio.net/
Thank you I will give it a try
Black Ice

Post by Black Ice »

minnesota-scores.net has
New Prague 3 West 1 Final
can anyone confirm this
Sioux Fan

Post by Sioux Fan »

Did Sam Olson play for New Prague?
Fighting Sioux Forever
GopherHockey

Post by GopherHockey »

NP 3
MW 1
Final

Olson played. Some kid for West took 5 penalties and the boot. :lol: :lol:
Sioux Fan

Post by Sioux Fan »

Good to hear that Sammy is coming to Rochester I wanted to see him play this year.. Good luck to all the boys looking forward to some great games on Saturday.
Fighting Sioux Forever
Chalk_Talk

Post by Chalk_Talk »

Can anyone give a recap of the game, shots, who scored, when, ect?
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

Chalk_Talk wrote:Can anyone give a recap of the game, shots, who scored, when, ect?
New Prague came out flat... West dominated the first 10 minutes and took a 1-0 lead. Sorry, didn't get the name

New Prague scored two goals in less than a minute late int eh first. First Jordan Holicky, then Zach Adams on a power play.

The Trojans controlled the game most of the rest of the way... Tehre were a few times it looked like they were on the power play cuz West couldn't clear the zone.

Fadden got the final goal in the second period. A shot that went through traffic and might have been tipped.. couldn't tell for sure.

NP vs. a familiar nemesis Saturday. They lost to Lourdes in the semis each of the last two years. They've had two good games with them this year, 2-1 loss and 1-1 tie.
Didn't catch shots.
GopherHockey

Post by GopherHockey »

Chalk_Talk wrote:Can anyone give a recap of the game, shots, who scored, when, ect?
West scored in the first for a 1-0 lead then, NP scored twice before the end of the period to lead 2-1 after 1. NP added another one midway through the second. No scoring in the third, but plenty of penalties. I think West took 9 penalties or something like that. NP had 4.
Shots favored NP 28-22.
Chalk_Talk

Post by Chalk_Talk »

thanks hockeydad and gopher. Do you know who had 5 penalties and got the boot?
GopherHockey

Post by GopherHockey »

Chalk_Talk wrote:thanks hockeydad and gopher. Do you know who had 5 penalties and got the boot?
#18 Tyler Resner for West, according to the Hub.
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

Chalk_Talk wrote:thanks hockeydad and gopher. Do you know who had 5 penalties and got the boot?
Sorry, didn't catch who it was. On the fifth penalty, he took out a NP player nice, clean hard hit right in front of the scorer's table. Thought it was a bad call when the whistle blew, but I guess he got called for unsportsmanlike conduct for saying "unsportsmanlike" after the hit, with the ref right there to hear it. There were about 10 minutes left in the game at the time.
Rushin11

Post by Rushin11 »

#18 for west