Waiting list for AA state tickets..help please?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

pacman

Waiting list for AA state tickets..help please?

Post by pacman »

Can somebody explain to me how to sign up to be on the waiting list? Thank you.
southernmnscout

Re: Waiting list for AA state tickets..help please?

Post by southernmnscout »

pacman wrote:Can somebody explain to me how to sign up to be on the waiting list? Thank you.
http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/ticketinfo.asp?page=3
Tigers95

Post by Tigers95 »

Three years ago I put my name on the list for AA tickets expecting to wait a few years. To my surprise I received tickets that year. I was told by the MSHSL that they usually drop off about 200 season ticket holders per year. At the time I signed up the list was less then 200 people. I would be interested to know how long the wait currently is. Anyone know?
pecochran

Post by pecochran »

I know this is an ancient thread, but I figured there have to be some people interested on here around this time. I got my application in today, and I'm number 561 on the list. Sounds like 200-300 turn over per year, so probably a 2 to 3 year wait.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Did you just call to see where you were on the list?
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
pecochran

Post by pecochran »

Right after I sent in my application, I sent an email to Nancy Myers at the MSHSL. She sent me a response right after she received my application. Her info is available on the MSHSL website.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Just found out that I am number 100. Looks like next year I'll be in.
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

A lot of people get on the list, get tickets in a couple years usually located in the way upper sections and then decide they aren't that interested so they don't renew.

MSHSL also requires you to send in money earlier each year and some people don't want to pay for all tix that early without know if they're going for certain.

There's very little turnover of seats in the lower level as those get handed down to other family members which is allowed by MSHSL. Years ago many of these folks had 4 or even 8 sets of tickets but the MSHSL cut these people back to either 2 or 4 sets depending on how long they've held the tickets. There are very people who are still allowed to buy 4 set as they had to start back when the tournament was at the old St. Paul Auditorium.

For the most part you can get tickets to every session at or near face value on the street. Avoid the scalpers and look for the groups of adults as they usually have a couple extras they need to unload for someone who couldn't make it this year.
pecochran

Post by pecochran »

Do they ever let people improve their seats? Or are you pretty much stuck? I don't mind being up high, but there are some seats that aren't great up there, obviously.

But yeah, finding face value tickets isn't that hard. I think I'm going to be set for this year, at face value, as long as the guy comes through. There were a decent number of people selling for face on Craigslist.
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

Most years you can request to "improve" your location but then it's up to the MSHSL as to what's a better seat as you don't get a choice as the new seats are assigned to you.
pecochran

Post by pecochran »

Okay. I figured you couldn't really specify, but it is nice that they'll move you to somewhere "better" as the years go on.
MNHighSchoolHockeyGuy

Post by MNHighSchoolHockeyGuy »

I have a question,I got my tix application for the 1st time this past Jan but was unable to get it mail back in time.I would love to stay on the Priority list is there any way I would be able to do this?
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

I guess you would need to reapply to get on the waiting list. Thanks for not signing up as it moved the rest of us up on the list. :lol:
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

MNHighSchoolHockeyGuy wrote:I have a question,I got my tix application for the 1st time this past Jan but was unable to get it mail back in time.I would love to stay on the Priority list is there any way I would be able to do this?
Sorry but the answer from MSHSL will be no. I know of families that transfered tickets that had been in the family 40 years to surviving spouses and to kids only to have the new owners "forget" to send in the payment on time.