Grand Rapids vs. Edina

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

A tough first rounder, who comes out on top?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:21 pm

Edina
44%
Grand Rapids
56%

Total votes: 126

Sparlimb

Grand Rapids vs. Edina

Post by Sparlimb »

A great North vs. South matchup to start Thursday night. Thoughts?
Last edited by Sparlimb on Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highschoolhockeyfan

Post by highschoolhockeyfan »

OT game thats all ill say
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Patrick White and his crew are going to pull off another upset... he's playing his best hockey when it counts... not a good draw for the #1 seed.
This will be a great game... wow!
boblee

post 7126

Post by boblee »

Might be the best AA QRTF. OT would not surprise me.
Blue Breeze

Post by Blue Breeze »

Easily the game I am most looking forward to. Edina has great depth throughout their lines while Rapids has the biggest difference maker in White. I'll take Edina 5-3 with an empty netter in a very entertaining game.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Rapids kind of got a raw deal in this draw. Then again, to be the best you have to beat the best. I saw a lot of fans thought Rapids may garner the 4th seed. That bother anyone that Blaine was seeded higher?
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

Main event game will go in OT
lets_go_hornets!

Post by lets_go_hornets! »

What time's the game?
scoreboard33

Post by scoreboard33 »

This is not a good draw for Edina.
Grand Rapids played them very well in Edina, without Pat White. This should be a very good game. With Skejstal and Leer hitting and Edina's scorers and Pat White scoring, this should be a really good game. I say Edina's scorers because anyone will step up in any game, its just a matter of who.

Edina 3
GR 2
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

lets_go_hornets! wrote:What time's the game?
I hope your team knows but I will give you a hint 6pm
eastsidepride

Post by eastsidepride »

I think Grand Rapids is getting vastly overhyped right now. Edina is the much better team in this matchup, I'll say 5-1 Hornets.
boblee

post 7135

Post by boblee »

eastsidepride wrote:I think Grand Rapids is getting vastly overhyped right now. Edina is the much better team in this matchup, I'll say 5-1 Hornets.
They did play earlier in the year, in Edina, without Pat White and it was 4-3. Grand Rapids is playing much better now, as is Edina. I don't expect a blow out.
Frequent_MN_Flyer

Post by Frequent_MN_Flyer »

eastsidepride wrote:I think Grand Rapids is getting vastly overhyped right now. Edina is the much better team in this matchup, I'll say 5-1 Hornets.
:-({|=
gatzke

Post by gatzke »

easily the most evenly matched q-finals, i'm gonna have to go North 3-2. They've shut down, East and Cloquet in the same week, they can do it again

Possibly the state championship here, winner will go to the finals (not nessicarily win, but go nevertheless), loser will win the consolation champ. NO DOUBT!
Carom Karma

Post by Carom Karma »

gatzke wrote:easily the most evenly matched q-finals, i'm gonna have to go North 3-2. They've shut down, East and Cloquet in the same week, they can do it again

Possibly the state championship here, winner will go to the finals (not nessicarily win, but go nevertheless), loser will win the consolation champ. NO DOUBT!
I couldn't agree more, this will decide who is in the state championship or the consolation championship :!: Both teams are playing great hockey right now! Go Rapids!
Minnesota hockey, the sport of 10,000 memories.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Sparlimb needs to add polls to all of his AA tournament threads.
boblee

post 7149

Post by boblee »

wbmd wrote:Sparlimb needs to add polls to all of his AA tournament threads.
I am in agreement.
wbmd

Re: post 7149

Post by wbmd »

boblee wrote:
wbmd wrote:Sparlimb needs to add polls to all of his AA tournament threads.
I am in agreement.
Now if he would just get it done!!
youngblood52

Post by youngblood52 »

i would have liked to c these guys matchup in the ship cuz i picked them both to get there but thats not gonna happen anymore
edinahornetz9

This is not the state championship

Post by edinahornetz9 »

If this was the state championship game then why isn't Grand Rapids #2 seed? There not even seeded in the top 4. You must not of been watching the same section finals game when Edina severly outshot E.P. and didn't give up too much. It may be a close game but Grand Rapids will be out played. There saving the state championship for the state championship slot this year.
boblee

post 7164

Post by boblee »

edinahornetz9 wrote:If this was the state championship game then why isn't Grand Rapids #2 seed? There not even seeded in the top 4. You must not of been watching the same section finals game when Edina severly outshot E.P. and didn't give up too much. It may be a close game but Grand Rapids will be out played. There saving the state championship for the state championship slot this year.
Grand Rapids severly outplayed Duluth East and Cloquet. I don't think it would be at all crazy if Rapids outplayed, or beat Edina. And I think part of the reason GR is not a top 4 seed is that they have only played 2 teams that are in the tourney, and when they were on FSN this year they were banged up and not playing real well.
edinahornetz9

Bring your riot gear

Post by edinahornetz9 »

Either way, you may need to bring your riot gear and your spirit. Those Grand Rapids fans can get pretty nuts. Then again we got the whole green army. We'll see what happens.
Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 »

Overhyped because they took your team down, then gave it to Cloquet pretty good yesterday? Explain the vast unfounded hype.
MNHockey75

Post by MNHockey75 »

Will be the best game of all 8 quarterfinal games I think.

Edina - 2
Grand Rapids - 3

The winner of this game in my mind will be playing in the championship.
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

This is the game im looking forward to. Grand Rapids and Edina are both playing some good hockey but I think the difference maker in this game is Edina's sophmores. I think they come through with enough to get by Grand Rapids in a good game.

Edina 5 - Grand Rapids 4