STATE

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

boblee

STATE

Post by boblee »

time for some predictions as to who is going to state from each section. <p></p><i></i>
GivinYaTheBusiness

Re: STATE

Post by GivinYaTheBusiness »

Well, from 7AA, I'm going to go with the Grand Rapids/Greenway Lightning. Because I don't see how I couldn't.<br><br>3A I'll go with Warroad, they've been the bridesmaid for the past few years, it's their turn. <p></p><i></i>
JustBob2

Post by JustBob2 »

I did so poorly in predicting the Holiday Tournaments you should probably seek advice and opinions from someone who is less of a pinhead. That said I MUST release the pent up opinions before I burst.<br><br>Class A<br><br>1A New Prague iwthout any spoilers in the picture.<br>2A Alex but the section championship against Totino should be exciting.<br>3A Hibbing because they have the best band at state. Really though that Warroad vs Hibbing section championship is probably to determine the best single A team in the State.<br>4A SSP but would be unsurprised if Blake edges them. I gave it to SSP for the goalie edge.<br><br>State A<br><br>New Prague vs Hibbing is the best game. Hibbing wins a close one.<br>Alex vs SSP I'll go with SSP.<br>Championship Hibbing vs SSP with Hibbing on top at the end.<br><br>Double A<br><br>1AA Rochester Mayo<br>2AA Roseville<br>3AA Stillwater If the final section game is Stillwater vs NSP wow wow wow. Centennial or Blaine could play spoiler here. <br>4AA Coon Rapids over Anoka. Sections will exhaust whichever team wins.<br>5AA I'll go with Eagan as a dark horse. The section seedings are important in this one. I see CDH as the #1 seed and Eagan as #4 or #5. In that case I see Eagan beating CDH in the semi's. That would mean that Bville and AHA are the #2/3 seeds in any order. They would then play in the semis with Bville on top. The section championship between Bvill & Eagan goes to Eagan.<br><br> If Eagan ends up the #3 seed I see CDH making it to the section finals. Then Eagan plays CDH in the championship with CDH coming out on top because Eagan was exhausted getting to the championship.<br>6AA Eden Prairie. However, BSM is the dark horse. Great section games because no matter how it works Wayzata, Edina, Hopkins and BSM all are gunning for EP and all copuld win on any given day.<br>7AA Cloquet unless the skies fall.<br>8AA Bemdiji because it would be fun to have them at state.<br><br>Ok, let the opinions flow. I tried not to give my reasons but rather just my guesses.<br><br>Based on my Holiday prognostications being so poor just watch and see AHA and Warroad take the big banana. <p></p><i></i>
STCplaya18

Post by STCplaya18 »

1A-New Prague<br>2A-Alex<br>3A-Warroad<br>4A-South St. Paul<br><br>State Champions: Warroad<br>Runner-ups: South St. Paul<br>3rd: New Prague<br>4th: Alex<br><br>1AA-Rochester Mayo<br>2AA-Roseville<br>3AA-North St. Paul<br>4AA-Anoka<br>5AA-Burnsville<br>6AA-Eden Prairie<br>7AA-CEC<br>8AA-Bemidji<br><br>State Champions:Eden Prairie<br>Runner-ups: Roseville<br>3rd: CEC<br>4th: Anoka<br>5th: North St. Paul<br>6th: Burnsville<br>Early Exits: Bemidji and Burnsville <p></p><i></i>