Rankings Site

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeyhead

Rankings Site

Post by hockeyhead »

Here is a site that shows girls hockey rankings based on wins and who teams have played. I thought it was interesting. I'm not sure how accurate it is.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.minnesota-scores.com/">www.m ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>Hockeyhead <p></p><i></i>
SEhockeyDAD

Minnesota-scores.com

Post by SEhockeyDAD »

Nice site. Very complete scores. The "QRF Rankings" are a lot like the other rankings. Notable rankings;<br>SSP still ranked 1st in A despite recent losses. (I've said it before, I'd put Blake at #1.)<br>In AA, Edina at #9 seems high and so do Grand Rapids/Greenway at #17 and St. Paul Blades at #23. Too low are maybe Anoka at #24, Roseville #14 and maybe CDH at #11.<br>Here's how the site says their ranking works:<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Each game is given an individual QRF (iQRF) based four things: 1) win or loss, 2) opponent wins, 3) Class differential between the teams, and 4) margin of victory (or defeat). Logically, the more you win by, the more wins an opponent has, and the higher your opponents Class is, the higher your iQRF is for that game.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ckeyDAD</A> at: 1/16/06 12:43 am<br></i>
mnhockeygal

Re: Minnesota-scores.com

Post by mnhockeygal »

Sorry, but any site that lists SSP as #1 in A is extremely flawed. SSP deserves credit for playing a tough AA schedule and has earned leeway as a result. However, there is no question they do not deserve to be in top 3 or 4 with their record and play in last 3 weeks. They shouldnt be further down than about 5 just due to how terrible "A" is, but they absolutely have no business being #1!!!! <p></p><i></i>
ItsNEBG

Post by ItsNEBG »

Another flaw in this page (and I suspect others) is that tournament games against conference opponents are being counted in conference standings. Edina has played Hopkins twice so far, splitting the two. The minnesota-scores.com Classic Lake conference standings shows Edina having 2 conference losses. In truth the 2nd Hopkins game was in the Schawn's Cup and does not count as a conference game. Edina has to play Hopkins again in conference play (1/24/06) and of course that one does count in the standings. <p></p><i></i>
ghshockeyfan

Post by ghshockeyfan »

incomplete data is an issue too. you can have the best system, but if the data is poor/incomplete not even the best system will work...<br><br>I'd like to see the 4 main ranking types done for MN G HS hockey come end reg. season and see which best predicts sections/state and then compare this against LPH too. <p></p><i></i>