games 1/10

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hubbaa

Re: HA at NP

Post by hubbaa »

head,<br><br>ssp always played its third line. they were essentially the only team in state that played them on a regular basis. <br><br>when they played tartan when everyone beat them by at least 15 goals ssp usually wouldn't. <p></p><i></i>
hubbaa

Re: EP and SSP

Post by hubbaa »

zoe,<br><br>accurate post. ssp was playing its third line before anyone else was, simply because no other team had a third line that could skate. this went on up till this year, and now ssp's third line struggles with the skating. <br><br>you have to understand that there is a lot of anti-ssp sentiment on this site (not that head is one, in fact i don't find him as that sort). last year it went as far as claims that the only way any of the ssp trio could have won ms. hockey would be as a package because individually none of them deserved it!!! you are right, had ssp played its first line as much as other teams all of those girls would have had 130+ points and maybe one would have deserved ms hockey?<br><br>nuff said... <p></p><i></i>
hockeyhead

Post by hockeyhead »

Hubba,<br><br>You're right SSP could have really run the score up against Tartan but they didn't. I'm not sure but I think it's new for EP to be this good. Looking back at their past seasons it seems they have beaten many teams 7-0, 8-0, but not like they have found themselves doing this year. Maybe they will learn from their new found success. It does take teams sometime to figure things out. <br>You cannot compare this team to SSP of the past(EP)... SSP won 3 state championships, 86 straight games and many division 1 players later has built a dynasty! Along the way they learned how to turn off the turbo jets and glide into victory! They did have some lessons along the way, but they took something away from it. Let's hope EP does the same! It's the best thing for the game!<br><br>Hockeyhead <p></p><i></i>
mnhockeygal

Post by mnhockeygal »

<!--EZCODE UNDERLINE START--><span style="text-decoration:underline"><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>ALL QUOTES FROM HOCKEYHEAD</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></span><!--EZCODE UNDERLINE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>As a SSP Rube... Not you're place to talk here. SSP has always played their top line... Acutally they rarely have played their 3rd line...even when they were unbeatable! That's why they struggle now with top teams<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>You're right SSP could have really run the score up against Tartan but they didn't.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>SSP won 3 state championships, 86 straight games and many division 1 players later has built a dynasty! Along the way they learned how to turn off the turbo jets and glide into victory! <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Are you a gymnast hockeyhead? Havent seen anyone straddle a pole and balance on both sides since the 2004 Olympics. Perhaps you should pick a version of SSP and then stick with it. Or maybe just not rip things you don't have a clue about to begin with.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ckeygal</A> at: 1/13/06 7:37 am<br></i>
hockeyhead

Post by hockeyhead »

mnhockeygal:<br><br>Yes, I did my research after the first post; SSP beat Tartan 12-0 in 04-05... They scored 0 in the 3rd... so I was wrong, I'll admit that. <br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>mnhockeygal:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Out of respect for Hubba, who is respectful to me and other ezboard users. I figured wouldn't fling mud over this board. Although I wouldn't say Hubba is respectful to EP coaching staff and others involved in the program, he keeps his attacks pretty calm on the board and other posters. <br><br>My <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>gymnastics</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> as you call it... I guess I just thought I'd try to grow up a bit and not get in the habits of ripping programs or players. My guess is you are very young, I might surprise you with the things I have a clue about.<br><br>Let's not judge those whom we don't know. For the past 3 years SSP has been the punching bag for posters and people across the board. I never really got into it! If it's time for EP to start getting ripped like SSP did in the past... great. I won't take part in it. It isn't good for the sport and to be honest has hints of jealousy. Who's next after EP??? Will the next #1 team be ripped? Is it just a right of passage? Obviously being ranked #1 puts you and your program under the microscope! <br><br>Keep it REAL<br><br>Hockeyhead<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
hubbaa

Post by hubbaa »

head,<br><br>good post with some good truth to it. i say we focus on hockey talent and enough of the other bs.....<br><br>ep is a great team with great talent. up to this point they may be having the most dominant season in history. if they go unbeaten i think i and all on this board owe them the respect to compare them (at least my opinion) to the best girls teams of all time. <p></p><i></i>
hockeyhead

Post by hockeyhead »

Hubba,<br><br>It's a long season. To me the best team in the state ever was the <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>South St. Paul team from 2003-04</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. they had two lines that were unreal! They also won every night under extreme pressure(winning streak)! Everyone makes mistakes and plays bad games, but if they would have finished that season 30-1-0 with 89 games won in a row... people would know this!<br><br>In my opinion EP will have a tough road... They have to get by BSM, Wayzata, Hopkins and Edina... Section 6 is a tough road... Reminds me of Section 3 from last year!<br><br>Hockeyhead <p></p><i></i>
hubbaa

Post by hubbaa »

head,<br><br>i agree.<br><br>and section 3 is going to be very tough. i think the team that has the best chance to beat ep is one that has already faced them and therefore will be able to prepare better than the first meeting. <p></p><i></i>