Will EP lose???

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mnhockeygal

Will EP lose???

Post by mnhockeygal »

Clearly SSP has exceeded everyones (including mine) expectations. They have proved to be the 2nd best team around for now. My question is - will anyone be able to beat EP? Only way SSP plays them is champ of Kaposia and that will be too tall a order for a team with only 2 lines to beat EP on their 3rd game in 3 days....Unless Porter is on fire!!! EP may run the table this year - too much firepower. <p></p><i></i>
ghshockeyfan

`

Post by ghshockeyfan »

(This message was left blank) <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ckeyfan</A> at: 12/12/05 10:14 am<br></i>
SEhockeyDAD

EP/SSP

Post by SEhockeyDAD »

I know of some who believe SSP could beat EP; some players from Roch Mayo/Lourdes girls team. They just got done playing SSP on Tuesay and EP on Saturday. My daughter told us right after the EP game that SSP was a little better. I could see it, too, but only by a little. The D for both was outstanding, goalkeeping solid but the forwards play for SSP may be slightly better right now. Both teams forwards are very talented, but from where I sat, the SSP forwards seemed to have the edge on execution. They seemed to work together while maintaining a fast pace resulting in some beautiful chances and goals. EP has the speed too, but against Mayo anyway, their goals seemd more of the goal crashing types or individual efforts. I could be wrong or just my perspective in these 2 particular games is too small a sampling, but thats my opinion, for what its worth. <p></p><i></i>
mnhockeygal

Re: EP/SSP

Post by mnhockeygal »

Mayo executed a vert\y solid plan against SSP. Sagged in on their net, played solid D and mucked the game up. By far SSP poorest offensive showing mostly due to Mayo's gameplan and execution. Hard working team, they frustrated SSP and had Mayo scored one early in 3rd period, may have been a diff outcome. <p></p><i></i>
hockeyhead

Post by hockeyhead »

For what it's worth... I've seen SSP play twice this year and EP play once. The defense looks very close as does the goaltending. <br><br>As far as offense goes... SSP plays 2 to 2.5 lines while EP plays 3 lines, pretty much 1-2-3 all night. What I noticed was SSP having their top forward on the ice 50 to 60% of the game. This allows their top forwards to become more involved in the game and as long as they don't get tired they stay on top. It also explains why most of SSP scoring comes from 2 or 3 girls. From what I saw with EP, they didn't have a top power play unit and continued to play whatever line was up next. Looking at their team stats you really cannot tell who all the scoring is coming from, because it's coming from everyone. I wonder if they will make a powerline?<br><br>Some have talked about a possible match-up with EP and SSP in the Kaposia. In my opinion both teams had better focus on winning the first two games. Every team in the Kapoisa this year is good enough to beat EP or SSP!<br><br>Watch out for Cloquet!!! They are much better than people give them credit!<br><br>Hockeyhead <p></p><i></i>
hockeywild711

Post by hockeywild711 »

I watched Stillwater play SSP. Game was very close until the mid 3rd period. Stillwater skated 3 lines and SSP 2 lines. I thought the difference was SSP played very disciplined and waited for their opportunities. Stillwater started to force things and got caught in some bad situations. SSP and EP would be a very good matchup and i wouldnt venture a guess as to who would win, both very good teams. I also watched Cloquet against Stillwater and it wasnt very close. Cloquet doesnt have near the speed or scoring ability Stillwater has. I will give the advantage to cloquets goalie, but thats about it. <p></p><i></i>
ghshockeyfan

`

Post by ghshockeyfan »

(This message was left blank) <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ckeyfan</A> at: 12/12/05 10:15 am<br></i>
hubbaa

ep unbeaten..

Post by hubbaa »

for a team to go unbeaten so many things have to go right for them. staying relatively healthy (no injuries, no major sicknesses) to just playing a far lesser opponent on a night when nothing goes right so you are still able to win.<br><br>the team has to be good enough to beat an occasional amazing performance by a couple of goalies and lucky enough to get some bounces when the other team isn't. a little softer schedule would make it a little easier also...<br><br>whoever goes unbeaten is not only a story of the great team and talent but the talent playing together as a team. on top of this add some luck and a relatively injury free year. so much goes to chance that is why it isn't easy to do. <br><br>look at ssp's streak and they really didn't have any major illness or injury during the entire thing. that in itself had a lot to do with it... <p></p><i></i>
puckhead63

Re: ep unbeaten..

Post by puckhead63 »

I think things are looking pretty good for EP to go unbeaten for this year.<br><br>The upcoming tournament will be a great test for them, however, they look so strong!<br><br>The scary thing is that they look like they will be as strong if not stronger next year. They are going to lose Pezon and Riggs, but Feste and Stoa will do a fine job filling in for them.<br> <p></p><i></i>
StirTheMix

Post by StirTheMix »

2006-07 - no telling how good EP will be. Of course that might depend on how many new kids "show up" on their doorstep next season...<br> <p></p><i></i>
hockeygymnast

Post by hockeygymnast »

I think BSM has a chance and will probably get the chance to beat EP in sections. They have big, mobile defenders that should give the speedy EP forwards some trouble. And they have good scorers up front. Should be a great game if they meet. However, as CDH & Jobman (goalie) proved when they beat BSM in the S. Cup, a hot goalie can foil the best of teams. <p></p><i></i>