Benilde-St. Margarets

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

PeterPuck123

Benilde-St. Margarets

Post by PeterPuck123 »

will be scrimmaging Shattuck St. Mary's Dec. 13, any insight on this matchup? <p></p><i></i>
JJhockeySS

Re: Benilde-St. Margarets

Post by JJhockeySS »

I haven't seen SSM play, but know the caliber of players they have. Is the scrimmage in SLP & do you know the time?<br><br>I was very impressed with BSM this week. They have good team speed move the puck well, and seem to be playing some solid hockey right now. The have some good physical defense, and solid goaltending. <br><br>I think it would be a fun scrimmage to watch, but would expect in a game situation that SSM would be expected to beat an HS team an a consistent basis.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
hockeygymnast

Post by hockeygymnast »

SSM is impressive to say the least. They have probably 6-10 Div 1 calibre players on their team. They are extremely strong on their skates; very hard to win one on one battles with them. Top players include the Lamoureux twins, Breu, Sherry, and Hirsch on defense, and Kranz at forward. BSM should expect a very physical, up-tempo scrimmage. Not sure if any HS team could stay with them very long. <p></p><i></i>
PeterPuck123

Post by PeterPuck123 »

yes SLP and I think I remember the time as 4:00 <p></p><i></i>
JJhockeySS

How did it go

Post by JJhockeySS »

Peterpuck, how did it go? I wasn't able to make it out to watch. Any highlights you can share? <p></p><i></i>
hockeefan

bsm vs ssm

Post by hockeefan »

it was a very intense scrimmage, very physical. the first half both teams had their starting goalies in. play was mostly in the benilde end. goaltender Windhorst made some fantastic saves and kept benilde alive. after the first half it was 0-0. then in the second half the backup goaltenders went in. SSM scored 2 goals and Benilde 1. then both teams had the chance to go on the powerplay/penalty kill. during that period SSM scored a goal on a bouncing shot. But all in all it was a very physical and intense scrimmage. It would be a great game to watch!! <p></p><i></i>
PeterPuck123

Re: bsm vs ssm

Post by PeterPuck123 »

ya hockeefan pretty much summed it up, but they had to stop it before it was over, it was getting too physical and scrappy, so they best thought it better to quit before someone got hurt, interesting though. <p></p><i></i>
JJhockeySS

Re: bsm vs ssm

Post by JJhockeySS »

Thanks for the recap you two I appreciate it. <p></p><i></i>