East & Denfeld

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Puckguy19

East & Denfeld

Post by Puckguy19 »

ClassAGuy

Re: East & Denfeld

Post by ClassAGuy »

Saw different article that the Denfeld player was Cooper McClure on the Hunters top players. He has a concussion his dad said in the article. Said the family was upset because the Supt. said on TV families had been contacted and that was not true as their family had not been contacted by the school. Another black eye for the School Admin up there. Also, East has had a few games where players are getting ejected for fighting. Lots of questions of if the new regime has any control from behind the bench.... Sad time to be a Hounds Die Hard Fan I am sure
SpreadOut!

Post by SpreadOut! »

I saw video of the incident from a TV reporter in Duluth. The perpetrator should be kicked off team (and potentially charged with assault), the coach fired for not being able to control his kids and the superintendent needs to go in my book as well, based on his idiotic comments to the TV reporter. Duluth East without Randolph is a joke. I hope the parents who ran him out of town are happy now. Maybe East should drop down to A so they can be more competitive. The program is in shambles.
Brodziak Fan Club

Post by Brodziak Fan Club »

Wednesday night for East:
1 boarding major
1 unsportsmanlike conduct game misconduct
2 fighting majors
1 disqualification
53 penalty minutes on 14 penalties.

Sheesh
headsupsticksdown

Post by headsupsticksdown »

Absolutely disgusting…. I hope appropriate action will be taken. East is a joke. For someone who preached tradition and class when he was brought in, it surely hasn’t shown on the ice. What a damn shame to see kids pounding the glass cheering that garbage on.
xy

Post by xy »

If the news article I saw has the name right (I'm not going to use it as the kid's a minor and I could be wrong), and if the Hockey Hub box score for DE's game today is accurate, the kid who did it is back in action already, which I really find hard to believe. If I was that kid's coach, or parent, he'd be done playing for the year and possibly forever.
headsupsticksdown

xy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:42 pm If the news article I saw has the name right (I'm not going to use it as the kid's a minor and I could be wrong), and if the Hockey Hub box score for DE's game today is accurate, the kid who did it is back in action already, which I really find hard to believe. If I was that kid's coach, or parent, he'd be done playing for the year and possibly forever.
Says a lot in itself…. An absolute shame.
Duluthguy

Post by Duluthguy »

headsupsticksdown wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:49 pm
xy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:42 pm If the news article I saw has the name right (I'm not going to use it as the kid's a minor and I could be wrong), and if the Hockey Hub box score for DE's game today is accurate, the kid who did it is back in action already, which I really find hard to believe. If I was that kid's coach, or parent, he'd be done playing for the year and possibly forever.
Says a lot in itself…. An absolute shame.
The box score is incorrect. The East player hasn’t returned to the lineup.
xy

Post by xy »

Thank you for the correction. I found it hard to believe he was back, but it listed him as taking a penalty today, not just being in the lineup, so I wasn't sure what to make of it.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Was surprised this topic hadn't appeared yet. It has been a shameful few days for East hockey. For those of you not on Twitter, I wrote about it yesterday: https://apatientcycle.com/2022/02/11/embarrassed/

My point out of all of is that, contra the claims of the spineless superintendent, this was not an "isolated incident." It's the culmination of a lot of terrible trends, and Duluth East hockey is in a dark, dark place right now. Out of respect for a lot of the people involved, I won't say much more, other than a general expression of disgust. Tough and troubling times in my hockey world.
SpreadOut!

Post by SpreadOut! »

Well said, Karl.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Tough to hear this. From afar I’ve always had a soft spot for the Hounds. Hoping they can get some glory, or at least respect, back soon.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Dumpster fire , how low can things go ?
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Even if it is an isolated incident I would expect school administration to be very upset. Two kids in Duluth schools had a one-sided altercation at a school event. Super acts like NBD? Strange.
Be kind. Rewind.
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

Holy crap, psycho much? That East kid obviously has issues. May want to have him looked at. Get that kid help!
The Next One

Post by The Next One »

The East player coming off the bench full speed and punching a superior player in back of head was every bit as bad as the Denfeld game. Only difference is superior kid hopped right back up. Very lucky that kid wasn’t hurt as well.
headsupsticksdown

Maybe the new campus bought in Woodland will field a team and East will have even tougher times ahead?
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

Haven’t followed HS hockey closely as of late but I’m absolutely floored with how hard East’s program has fallen. 10-20 years ago they had top 5-10 teams at every level including A’s and B’s. Never would I have imagined the type of drop off they’re currently experiencing. Hopefully they and Cloquet amongst other Northern programs can get back on track.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

What ever became of this?
Haven’t heard anything.
Be kind. Rewind.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

O-townClown wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:12 pm What ever became of this?
Haven’t heard anything.
It appears the East player who attacked the Denfeld player is no longer on the team.

As to anything legal, we likely won't hear anything because it involved a juvenile, unless the County Attorney deems it severe enough to try him in court as an adult. I don't see that happening.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
headsupsticksdown

east hockey wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:30 pm
O-townClown wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:12 pm What ever became of this?
Haven’t heard anything.
It appears the East player who attacked the Denfeld player is no longer on the team.

As to anything legal, we likely won't hear anything because it involved a juvenile, unless the County Attorney deems it severe enough to try him in court as an adult. I don't see that happening.

Lee
You have to think all the pressure from the news outlets and comments from not only the Duluth community, but the entire hockey community had a play in this; perhaps even MSHSL stepped in. In that case, it’s still mind boggling why it seemed to take all of this before the coaching staff took any real action. We don’t know what happened behind closed doors or in the locker room, but this staff seems a bit too hands off in this regard. If it were a one time incident, but the Superior game and Champlin games were other instances as well. I thought it was quite telling that an East players family member was trying to justify the player flying in from behind off the bench at full speed in the Superior game to hit from behind not being as offensible because he was on the ice due to a shift change and not jumping on the ice due to the melee. How asinine is that?
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

east hockey wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:30 pmIt appears the East player who attacked the Denfeld player is no longer on the team.
Thanks, Lee. Just a bizarre incident. Always wonder what leads up to it, but his reaction seemed excessive no matter what triggered.
Be kind. Rewind.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Some acknowledgment needs to go to the referee, he gets involved quickly to get the East player away from the other player. The wrestling match between the official and the East player continues on for some time.

Officials aren’t paid enough to get involved in that crap but the official saw what was happening and acted. He didn’t wait for the linesman to come in, he just did what needed to be done.
xy

Post by xy »

Two majors and a misconduct for Duluth East in their season-ending loss to Grand Rapids last night . . . they can't conscionably let this coach return next year, can they?
headsupsticksdown

xy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:36 pm Two majors and a misconduct for Duluth East in their season-ending loss to Grand Rapids last night . . . they can't conscionably let this coach return next year, can they?
Although I agree he’s not looking too great right now how often have we seen a coach let go after one season? Let alone after what happened at East? This group of coaches has been together for a while (Bantams), so I’m curious to hear if this was consistent on those teams as well?