Classic Suburban Predictions

MNPuckster27

Post by MNPuckster27 »

I will give my predictions in order of finish based on the little bit I know about the teams and would like to know what all the other followers of the CSC think.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>1. Hill-Murray-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Stacked at forward. Speed and talent up front alone will win them the conference and if they get their goaltending to develop throughout the year and can handle a physical team like WBL they could be among top 5 teams in the state. Mike Hoeffel might be the states best junior.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>2. St. Thomas-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> IMO, not the clear cut #2 that everyone thinks they are. They are still young and not very physical. I think they will lose a few conference games early but will pull it together down the stretch and probably return to state out of 3A. All eyes will be on Jordan Schroeder.<br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong><br>3. Mahtomedi-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> They have been very average since the Borgen era but they do have a lot of players returning with no real stars.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>4. Tartan-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Have them switch goalies with any team below them in my predictions and you could probably switch their places in the standings as well. Cary Wood will keep them close in every game.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>5. North St. Paul- </strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> They lost a lot but they return two of th best sophomores in the conference in Ben Arndt and goalie Tom Horner who I think will emerge as a very solid goalie this year.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>6. South St. Paul-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Last year was a disaster for their program but on the plus side they did have a ton of freshman and sophomores getting playing time and could make this year slightly less painful.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>7. Richfield-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> They had a solid year last year but lost their goalie Paskeiwiesz (sp?) who played in I believe every single game for them the year before and we all know how much inexpirience in nets can bring a team down (See SSP and HM last year)<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>8. Simley-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> They lost a lot from a so-so team and I have heard rumors that several of their bantams have migrated over to SSP. They do have a good coach though who gets them to play hard every game.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>9. Henry Sibley-</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> At what point do you declare that they have hit rock bottom? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... kster27</A> at: 11/14/05 6:01 pm<br></i>
Hillfan

Re: Classic Suburban Predictions

Post by Hillfan »

MNPuckster,<br><br>I'd say those rankings look pretty good to me. The only thing I might change is Mahtomedi by droping them 1-2 spots. I could very well be wrong in saying this, but it's just my pre-season opinion. <p></p><i></i>
hattrick91

Post by hattrick91 »

Mahtomedi lower in the ranks- Richfield will be a little higher despite the goalie situation. Good thing these are only predictions- I could certainly be wrong. <p></p><i></i>
RochHockeyDad

MNHockey89

Post by RochHockeyDad »

MNHockey89<br><br>You're not sure where he (Colin Briscoe) transferred to? Didn't YOU just transfer to Century?<br><br>And you were Mahtomedi's best player? What about your former teammates Adam T and Tom G?<br><br>In the Mayo Hockey thread on October 17 at 1:03pm you wrote; <br><br>"I have no idea why someone said Jake Tripp tore his ACL, it was a MCL sprain and didnt even take him 2 weeks to recover. He will be good to go for the season. First line will be Garret Grimsted, Joe Kenopke, and <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Colin Briscoe.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Also Mayo's defense doesnt even compare to Centurys Bryce Stevense, Bryce Wilcox, and Bryan Frishmann so sorry Mayo fans you have no chance this year! "<br><br>Here are a few of the "gems" you've come up with so far...you'll play at Century HS this year on their first line (do the coaches know this?), TJ Oshie (small forward that dont like to play physical), players on LHS first line (they won't do anything) , and Tartan goalie Cary Wood is overrated.<br><br>Also, I'm sure Mayo's D led by Canzanello, Donahue, others will be quite strong (if not the best) compared to anyone's in the Big Nine. But I'm sure when YOU play them, you'll have no trouble.<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

Do you know the Simley bantams that migrated over to SSP? <p></p><i></i>
freighttrain

Simley

Post by freighttrain »

I believe the kids that went to SSP were Holy Trinity kids that live in IGH. Most of those kids dont go to Simley they opt to go to SSP. IGH is not having a A Bantam team this year because the High School coach is taking most of the those kids and there are some freshmen(first year Bantams) that are trying out and sound like they may make the JV. <p></p><i></i>
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Well Puckster has done it again. Another fine piece of work. <br><br>We will look forward to this kind of contribution through out the season and particulalry as we near section play.<br><br>It looks like a top heavy conference. HM will probably not lose a game.<br><br>Go Packers.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
topshelf11

Post by topshelf11 »

Hows this look??<br><br>1. Hill-Murray<br>2. STA<br>3. Tartan<br>4. North St. Paul<br>5. Mahtomedi<br>6. Richfield<br>7. South St. Paul<br>8. Simley<br>9. Henry Sibley <p></p><i></i>
hillhockey

Post by hillhockey »

I'd say maybe put Tartan over STA.<br>And Simley beneath SSP? If rumors of transferring are true, I could see that. But last year, HM beat SSP 10-0 and 14-0. We didnt beat Simley that bad... <p></p><i></i>
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

I'll just say that with the loss of many players, Tartan would have to be lower than STA. STA should be a pretty quick squad once again as they return a good amount of players. <p></p><i></i>
CllgeHockey

Post by CllgeHockey »

1-2 Hill murray or St Thomas those two team will be fighting all year - clearly best teams with good returners and expierience <br><br>3. North st Paul - solid goaltending and defense which is a 180 from last year, but also can score with soph ben arnt and senior matt borndale. look for ben arnt to have the most points in the conference this year. <br><br>4. mathomedi- solid returns<br><br>5. richfield<br><br>6. tartan- lost everything they had for scoring and denfending besides wood in goal. wood wont getting any support around the net and with wood tartan would fall with henry sibley. tartans wins will be against the 5-9 places in the conference.<br><br>7-8 simley ssp <br><br>9. henry sibley... need to tear down and rebuild the whole school<br> <p></p><i></i>