State Tourney Format

oldschool

state

Post by oldschool »

While those who argue attendance, quality, etc......as reasons to change back to 1 class, are completely right, the thing of it is that we might have a good thing here too...............first: Class a and Class aa are coming into themselves, class a hockey is rougher, at times more wide open, a lot of times games hinge on a couple star players or trying to stop them. In aa there is more passing, more finesse, deeper teams etc..........two different games.....though, red wing always only had a couple losses, and Warroad has had undefeated state champions in a regular season that doesn't know classes................second, what has happened is that the strong state of hockey in the state of hockey; Minnesota, has gotten stronger with teams like Red Wing, Lourdes, heck even the private schools wouldn't and didn't compete........you know, Fergus, Hutch etc. what class a has done is made hockey better in these towns....and..............made teams that never even thought about being good into being competitive...though not powers, they are were the the above were.......see my point. All over this board we argue depth of teams etc....well class a and aa created depth in an already awesome sport.......... <p></p><i></i>
Knowlze

Oldschool

Post by Knowlze »

I am not sure what your trying to say, but what I am saying is that presently, the MSHSL is NOT determining a State Champion, because there are two. College football doesn't either, all they have are a bunch of bowl games at the end of the year, and what, the sports writers vote on a Champion.<br><br>KNF determines a Champion, end of discussion.<br><br>P.S. If your shooting at 10 lb deer, what "sport" is that? I guess it is a small target. <p></p><i></i>
mnhockeylvr

Re: Oldschool

Post by mnhockeylvr »

Seriously...has anyone stopped to think what a 16 team excel tournament would mean? Either everyone has to hang out the whole week or the kids have to play a game 4 days in a row. Thats a ton of hockey at a truly high level.<br><br>I like the 8 and 8. <p></p><i></i>