AV?

bustedrus351

Re: AV/EV

Post by bustedrus351 »

Eastview HS is located within the city of Apple Valley. Students that were attending AVHS as underclassmen did get sent to EVHS when it opened. If you remember back a few years (probably 2001), the Bauer brothers played against each other in the Section finals. The older Bauer, Jim, (I believe) originally went to AVHS but lived in the EVHS borders, so he went to EVHS after it opened. Joe went to EVHS as a freshman and played varsity hockey for EV that year. He then open-enrolled to AVHS and played his final 3 years of varsity hockey there.<br><br>If you really care, go to the ISD 196 website, where you can pull up the high school boundries. The eastern border for AVHS is Galaxie Ave. Students who lived east of Galaxie before EVHS went to AVHS. Now, they go to EVHS.<br><br>The youth associations use the same borders as the high schools. <p></p><i></i>
diskman

boundaries

Post by diskman »

Eastview is in the city of Apple Valley but was built to help the crowding in Rosemount and Eagan. I was on the committee that helped draw the boundaries. I know very well exactly how it went. The Apple Valley High School boundaries were not touched. There was a lot of open enrollment going on back then. All the people east of Galaxie that you speak of went to Apple Valley as open enrollees. They were supposed to go to Rosemount. <br><br>The Bauers?? Jim went to EV because he lived in the boundaries. Joe open enrolled to AV by choice. He was supposed to go to EV. That is why the two boys were on different teams. It didn't have anything to do with boundaries. <p></p><i></i>
diskman

history

Post by diskman »

One more thing...I think the confusion comes in because of the association hockey. A lot of the kids that lived in the Eastview attendance area played hockey for the Apple Valley Youth Association. They were not slotted to be Apple Valley High School kids (they lived in the Rosemount attendance area) but they lived in Apple Valley so were allowed to play AV youth hockey. <br><br>Apple Valley had a lot of sour grapes over the opening of Eastview because they had the advantage for many years of getting a lot of those kids to open enroll to AVHS because they had been playing with AV kids all along. (Westrum is an example.) <br><br>When Eastview opened it changed all of that. The kids that would have open enrolled to AV went to EV. So, in essence, they felt that they had lost kids but in reality those kids were never really theirs to lose. <p></p><i></i>
98irish

Re: history

Post by 98irish »

Diskman:<br>You're probably right on the loss of students. I was just going by what I heard. I know Rosemount was overcrowded and caught the brunt of EV opening and drawing students. I also know that the start of the Ev youth association was not necessary but it descimated the Rosmount assocation and had an impact on the AV youth association(sour grapes or not). Politics has no business driving youth or HS hockey decisions but it sure has had an impact. Rosemount's numbers are finally up again but it's been a long 10 years. <p></p><i></i>
diskman

Rosemount

Post by diskman »

I think everyone felt bad for Rosemount at first. It isn't fair that they have always had to bear the brunt of new school openings. It happened in the 70's with AV opening. Then, they lost a bunch when Eagan opened, then EV. Not fair. They are always trying to catch up. If it makes you feel any better, I think that you'll never have to split again. (Although, there is tons of land for building east of Rosemount!) <br><br>The only thing I can say about youth hockey is that when EV high school opened, I don't think MYHA would have let the kids that lived in Apple Valley continue to play youth hockey for Rosemount. Eastview could have continued to skate with Apple Valley's assn. but not Rosemount because of the city rule.<br><br>I wonder how this will all impact Lakeville. I wonder if they will keep one association. They probably will because they are all Lakeville kids. They aren't dealing with multiple cities. <p></p><i></i>
RBK sniper

Re: Rosemount

Post by RBK sniper »

EV opened in 1997. Ever since that it has been a much more successful school than AV and rosemount on all occasions. Its not fair to the other schools that it happened, but they have had time to get going again. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... r@mnhs>RBK sniper</A> at: 11/9/05 5:52 pm<br></i>
98irish

Post by 98irish »

I was thinking it was 93 or 94 but now that you mentioned it, 97 sounds correct. Yes they have been much more successful overall than Rosemount in most sports, but RSMT is beginning to get back to full strength. <p></p><i></i>
Knowlze

Post by Knowlze »

So they have killed the penalty, so to speak. <p></p><i></i>
RBK sniper

Post by RBK sniper »

yeah bascically they have more a few years now. Not sayin that they have lived up to those intentions, but its been a while and no more escuses for these schools. It should be interesting this year to see how the Lake unfolds. <p></p><i></i>
minnhock4life67

Post by minnhock4life67 »

I can't believe you say that nobody from AV went to Eastview. Bauler, McDonough, and Machacek would all have been going to Apple Valley last year if it were not for Eastview. These were three of their top scorers last year(Not to mention one hell of a running back). Yes, they did take kids from Rosemount and Eagan, but they did take plenty from Apple Valley as well. <p></p><i></i>
RBK sniper

Post by RBK sniper »

Machacek would of gone to Eagan. <p></p><i></i>
diskman

areas

Post by diskman »

Bauler and McDonough lived in the old Rosemount attendance area. McDonough lives by Hartung, Plaszcz, Brigl, and Marple (past EV players). They were all in the Rosemount attendance area. They played youth hockey for AV, however, because they live in Apple Valley. (Actually Marple played for Rsmt. youth) Bauler lives behind Falcon Ridge Middle School (old Rsmt. area too) The Rosemount attendance area was huge it carried all the way over to Galaxie and, I think, even Cedar Avenue in some areas. Lots of kids in their neighborhoods open enrolled to Apple Valley High School but they really were supposed to go to Rsmt. Some of these kids may have open enrolled to AV if Eastview hadn't been built. <p></p><i></i>
FormerEagle

Re: areas

Post by FormerEagle »

Diskman, you are wrong, Apple Valley did lose students to EV thats just flat out the truth. The people who lived east of galixie and west of pilot knob, now going to eastview all would have been apple valley students. Now the reason that they split the youth associations is because they feared (rightfully so) that those kids that were going to go to Apple Valley would have an advantage over the kids going to Eastview. Think about it, the HS coach normally has a hand in the youth programs, and they are not going to invest as much time into a player that is not going to eventually help them out. Eastview found it necessary that if they wanted to eventually produce a good highschool program, they needed to start with a good youth program. <p></p><i></i>