Who's good in the Lake Conference

Sticklicker

Re: Who's good in the Lake Conference

Post by Sticklicker »

There are 2 ways to coach a team. "Outscore your apponent" and " Don't left them get chance to score". Both ways work just fine. It all depends on the players you have to work with. If AV plays a defensive style they could shutout a lot of teams. A 1-0 win is still a win. As for AV's depth and coaching. Younger players learn very fast when playing with top notch old players and AV's coaching staff is one of the best in the Lake. <p></p><i></i>
hockeyguy05

Re: Lakeville

Post by hockeyguy05 »

yes i see what you are saying..but still they only have Medvec and Fischer who are solid defenseman. what happens when they are on the bench?? i mean if you skate them every other shift they are bound to get tired and worn out by the time the 2nd and 3rd period come around. And with todays speed i think that could be a problem <p></p><i></i>
HockeyHoser09

Re: Lakeville

Post by HockeyHoser09 »

sticklicker- im not whining about what "could have been" a good team. im stating that lakeville north would without a doubt been a good hockey team without the loss of transfers. and if you disagree i will point of that beggs and cooper both played on the u.s. national under 17 team and solid players lie in barr, rogers, and detlefsen. these guys knew how to put together a successful year as evident by their bantam season. who knows what they would have done if they were still playing together this year! <p></p><i></i>
skatintheriver

playing time

Post by skatintheriver »

regarding Fischer and Medvec from valley. I seem to remember a few years ago when Lundin was there that the AV coaching staff found a way to keep him on the ice. Having two, i wouldnt worry about AV's defense. I have also heard that they have a third defenseman goche? playing in elite II. They still have no proven offensive threat. As we are talking about the Lake, one team that nobody is talking about is Burnsville. Oslund is a s-t-u-d. Erickson is leader back on there blue line. They could be right up there. <p></p><i></i>
Sticklicker

Transfers

Post by Sticklicker »

Agreed,They could have been a good squad. I know many of them. Thier reason's for leaving are just and they are all in much better school's and hockey programs. Most of the parents got thier kids out of Lakeville to get them a better education. Getting away from the "good old boy's" hockey coaching staff is definetly a perk. I would expect most of the good younger players in Lakeville will follow thier example and head out to greener pastures. Once you geta reputation in a hockey program it sticks. <p></p><i></i>