Ryan Poehling accelerates, will join SCSU in the fall

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

I know him well....which reminds me ....Free Sats81!
Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

keepyourheadup wrote:I know him well....which reminds me ....Free Sats81!
I bet he'd like to have a voice in this conversation!
Shortshift

Post by Shortshift »

I did emphasize the word "RUMOR"! And if you think parents aren't involved in the college level, I have some property for sale! Motz is a great coach! I wish the Gophers could get him! Just remember he could lose 3 players instead of 1 if the answer wasn't what the parents wanted. Again, RUMOR!
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler »

Shortshift wrote:I did emphasize the word "RUMOR"! And if you think parents aren't involved in the college level, I have some property for sale! Motz is a great coach! I wish the Gophers could get him! Just remember he could lose 3 players instead of 1 if the answer wasn't what the parents wanted. Again, RUMOR!
Surely, you aren't implying that, gasp, *parents* have a large part in some kids deciding to leave early ?..............whudda thunk ?

I would wager a lot of kids could care less where they play, but daddy/mommy need an ego boost.

:lol:
Last edited by zamboniexhaustinhaler on Fri May 27, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

I've got personal experience and while I can only speak for one school, parents are made very aware of where they stand. You get 1 phone call....the one to remind you not to call! i figured all 3 would play a year in juniors together and would be willing to bet they would have had a trade been figured out to get them together. If patrick Russell doesn't leave it's quite likely this never happens. It's not like the player/ players were holding all the chips. If Motz didn't want him there he wouldn't be there.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Good for him! Didn't realize he was so big.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Will be surprised if he goes before Casey.
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Poehling goes ahead of Casey. It's much easier to project a player's future when seen vs 18-25 year olds than 15-18 year olds. If Ryan has a decent season at SCSU, even if Casey puts up Kloos type numbers for EP, then Poehling could definitely hear his name called earlier than Casey. Either way I hope they both have good seasons worthy of 1st round selection.
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

BodyShots wrote:Will be surprised if he goes before Casey.
No offense but kind of lame. Both of these young men probably will be rooting for one another on draft day. MN could see a few 1st round picks next year, think about it. Were talkin practice man, practice... Drafted in the NHL, like it isn't a big deal or something. I wasn't drafted so I have no clue.

FREE SATS81
BRING BACK WEINER33
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

thespellchecker wrote:
No offense but kind of lame. Both of these young men probably will be rooting for one another on draft day. MN could see a few 1st round picks next year, think about it. Were talkin practice man, practice... Drafted in the NHL, like it isn't a big deal or something. I wasn't drafted so I have no clue.

FREE SATS81
BRING BACK WEINER33
No offense, but kind of lame. He's stating an opinion, nothing wrong with that. At no point does he ever imply that they will not be rooting for each other or anything else.
The U invented swagger.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

thespellchecker wrote:

FREE SATS81
BRING BACK WEINER33
I'm sorry. Next time I will write a book with tons of comments and predictions! I was just surprised that this one individual had Ryan ahead of Casey. In my opinion, I think Casey will be drafted first.

Are both players great? Yes, and its great that they have an opportunity to be drafted in the NHL.

Lame.... :roll: ](*,)