T.J. Oshie of Warroad Goes #24 In 1st Round To Blues

trojans45

T.J. Oshie of Warroad Goes #24 In 1st Round To Blues

Post by trojans45 »

Warroad Warrior T.J. Oshie was selected as the #24 overall pick in the first round to the St. Loius Blues.<br><br>Oshie, and UND teammates Brian Lee and Joe Finley all gathered 1st round picks w/ Lee going 9th and Finley #27.<br><br>Oshie is also the first Warroad Warrior to be selected to the 1st round of the NHL draft. <p></p><i></i>
WarroadWarrior

Re: T.J. Oshie of Warroad Goes #24 In 1st Round To Blues

Post by WarroadWarrior »

Also Matt Niskanen from Virginia going 28th. Another MN boy going in the first round. <p></p><i></i>
Kodiak

Wow...

Post by Kodiak »

That's awesome stuff. Congrats to the Minnesota boys! You make us proud! I'd wish luck to the Sioux, but, can't... go Gopher's! <p></p><i></i>
Sabreman86

Michael Sauer

Post by Sabreman86 »

Sauer went 2nd round, 40th pick by the Rangers. I guess they said that they thought it was a steal to get him there, too. I think he is going to play at Portland again next year, though. <p></p><i></i>
puckhead89

Re: Michael Sauer

Post by puckhead89 »

Despite what I have heard in some of the hockey talk, Sauer IS a steal, for any team. Fun to watch because he plays smart defensively. Just needs to get bigger and stronger now...but that's coming. Good luck to this young kid from central Minnesota! <p></p><i></i>
elliott70

Re: Michael Sauer

Post by elliott70 »

I think Sauer is big and strong enough (for now). As with most young defensmen, getting smarter as a hockey player is the next step to minor or NHL hockey. And smarter means using your skills (size, stength, speed etc) better and improving your shortcomings. that's why more junior time is needed and then some time in the minors. But having seen Sauer I think he is capable (physically) of playing at the highest level. Mentally and emotionally becoming challenges. <br><br>Having a brother go through it gives him a mentor that should make it easier for him.<br><br>I wish him the best of luck. <br><br>A steal? Time will tell, but for what it's worth, I think it was a good pick. <p></p><i></i>