Top 10 Teams of the last 25 Years

MNPuckster27

Top 10 Teams of the last 25 Years

Post by MNPuckster27 »

Hey guys, for my 1,000th post I thought I would do my top 10 teams of last 25 years. Here it is:<br><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>10. 1980 Grand Rapids Indians:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Arguably could have started the "Horseshoe effect" that we all love about the state tournament. Just a 18-5-0 record coming into the tournament, but the boys from the range took it to 3 bigger suburban schools, including beating undefeated Hill-Murray in the state championship game.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>9. 1987 Bloomington Kennedy Eagles:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Probably the last year before the Jefferson era began in Bloomington, the Eagles went 27-1 through a tough schedule before outscoring the tournament field 15-6 in 3 games in st. paul.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>8. 1994 Bloomington Jefferson Jaguars:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> The Jaguars slacked off a little from their season before, but still went 25-1-1 and featured future NHL players Parrish, Clymer, and Crowley.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>7. 2004 Centennial Cougars:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> The Cougars went 30-1-0 and are the only team in state tournament history to record 3 straight shutouts in the state tournament.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>6. 2001 Elk River Elks:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> 28-1-1, the Elks were unstoppable and played total team hockey. With no real D1 all-stars, they were simply a great HS team that rolled to the state championship outscoring opponents 15-5 in 3 games.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>5. 1996 Apple Valley Eagles:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> We know East fans, we know. The puck went in. But play went on and the Eagles won the best game in MN HS history. And one night after playing into 5 OT's, the Eagles won their first state championship behind goalie Karl Goerhing and finishing their season 27-1.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>4. 1995 Duluth east Greyhounds:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> The team that finally put an end to the Jefferson dynasty in HS Hockey, doing it in great fashion with a 5-0 stomping in the state quarterfinals. Dave Spehar became a HS Hockey legend that year leading the Hounds to the title with his penalty shot goal in the championship game.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>3. 1983 Hill-Murray Pioneers:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> The Pioneers went 28-0-0 and won in every way possible. They blew teams out throughout the year and won the close games when they needed to.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>2. 1999 Roseau Rams:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> The 27-1 Rams were what HS hockey in Minnesota is all about. Everyone wanted a story book ending to a real life hockey version of the movie "Hoosiers", but the Rams werent much of an underdog, and they steamrolled through the state tournament field on their way to the title, finishing it off by stomping Hastings 4-0 for the title.<br><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>1. 1993 Bloomington Jefferson Jaguars:</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Was there any doubt? 10 future divistion 1 players on one team. 28-0-0 record while rolling through the state tournament by a combined score of 14-3. Every player on the top 3 lines or 3 sets of defenseman recorded at least 20 points. The one no-brainer on the list.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>There you have it. My 1,000th post. Post your own top ten, rip on mine, whichever you like. Let the debating begin........ <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... kster27</A> at: 3/15/05 6:05 pm<br></i>
Unknown

Unknown

Post by Unknown »

(This post is missing and can not be restored) <p></p><i></i>