Lakeville North vs Midget 18 AAA

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster »

I've watched Shattuck Prep team play a few times this season. They would beat this years LN team 99 out of 100 times. Nothing against LN, they are a very good team but Shattuck is world class this year and will most likely win Nationals again.
Ozzie82

Post by Ozzie82 »

green4 wrote:
57special wrote:The kids from the Edina program have already started to scatter. One is at Shattuck, a couple of others at privates. By the time they reach Varsity age others will go, too.
Not much different then it is now. Edina has kids who leave early for ushl, and currently one who would have been a senior in the Whl. They have Mishmash at Shattuck. About 1/3rd the Benilde team is from Edina, including 3 of their 4 captains. Snow, the STA goaltender is from Edina and I'm guessing one or two more for the cadets. Holy Angels best player is from Edina, I would guess there might be one or two at Breck and Blake too.
So really, it won't be a huge change to what they have now.
Both of STA's goalies this year are from Edina (Snow and Hallett).
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

SSM was 8-5-2 in the Elite league this year so they clearly aren't unbeatable.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

keepyourheadup wrote:SSM was 8-5-2 in the Elite league this year so they clearly aren't unbeatable.
This.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
MissotaGopher14

Post by MissotaGopher14 »

This thread reminded me of the best game I've ever seen. 2003 Holy Angels vs Shattuck Prep. So many D1 players on Holy Angels and a young 15 year old by the name of Sidney Crosby for SSM
oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster »

keepyourheadup wrote:SSM was 8-5-2 in the Elite league this year so they clearly aren't unbeatable.
Was LN's whole team an "elite" league team??? (the answer is NO)

No doubt that there is unbelievable talent in MN HS hockey. Just not all on one team like SSM has this year. If you took the top 18 skaters and two goalies from MN HS hockey and turned them loose...now you might have the best U18 team in the country.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

SSM is always a very fine club but I wouldn't put this team in the same group as some they had in the late 90's and Early 2000's. Do I think North could beat them.....more than 1 in 100 is what I'm going with.
green4

Post by green4 »

Shattuck just beat the u18 blades team 3-2 on a last minute goal. If you take a look at the Blades roster you will see it is not exactly a star studded lineup, so I think it is very possible that North could beat them.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

It's interesting in a thread about how Lakeville would fare at 18U nationals, the responses were about Shattuck.

My informed opinion is that the Top 15 Minnesota HS teams would compete just fine against Tier I teams at 18U.
Be kind. Rewind.
Lace'emUp

Post by Lace'emUp »

green4 wrote:Shattuck just beat the u18 blades team 3-2 on a last minute goal. If you take a look at the Blades roster you will see it is not exactly a star studded lineup, so I think it is very possible that North could beat them.
On one side, I agree with you. To support that, The Blades kept it close with only 13 skaters and 1 goalie tonight. Shattuck had 9 or 10 college commitments skating tonight to the Blades 3. With all that said, it was still very good back and forth action all night. Fun game and good high quality hockey. It would've been considered a classic game if it was in front of 21,000 at the X last week.

However, on the flip side, Shattuck outshot the Blades badly - something like 41-18. Shattuck also probably just missed on 4 or 5 good scoring chances before they scored their first goal. Goalie was making some great saves. There were a couple pipes, and a few scrums where the puck sat briefly in front of a half-open net. Could have easily been 4 to nothing before the Blades got on the board.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

To be fair to the blades how much practice time did they have to get ready to play a team that's been together since September? SSM has the same advantage in the fall Elite league, they practice more than all the Elite league teams combined! PP, PK, all their systems honed over 6 months of practice against a talented group thrown together for a tourney. The fact they kept it close is encouraging!
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

The practice time and how long a team is together is always a huge factor. So, what if we took Lakeville North's top line, Edina's top line and EGF's top line and put them on a team and they played Shattuck? Edquist in Goal. I think we would have ourselves a game!
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Froggy Richards wrote:The practice time and how long a team is together is always a huge factor. So, what if we took Lakeville North's top line, Edina's top line and EGF's top line and put them on a team and they played Shattuck? Edquist in Goal. I think we would have ourselves a game!
They'd kill SSM with that line-up. Really, LVN just needs a third forward line and a second defensive pair and they'd be the favorite. LVN's second line is quite solid.
team22tank

Post by team22tank »

Curious what other teams in the metro have a handful of "transplants." Outside of the private schools?

Does Lakeville North have any new ones coming in for next season or is it to early to say?
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

team22tank wrote:Curious what other teams in the metro have a handful of "transplants." Outside of the private schools?

Does Lakeville North have any new ones coming in for next season or is it to early to say?
Reedy and Pratt. Boys are gonna look good in the Nordique!
nobama

Post by nobama »

[quote="Froggy Richards"]The practice time and how long a team is together is always a huge factor. So, what if we took Lakeville North's top line, Edina's top line and EGF's top line and put them on a team and they played Shattuck? Edquist in Goal. I think we would have ourselves a game![/quote

stinky rhymes with thinky one thing certain is you wont have the best 3 players on the ice :wink:
Karma 29

Post by Karma 29 »

Sats81 wrote:
team22tank wrote:Curious what other teams in the metro have a handful of "transplants." Outside of the private schools?

Whatever it takes right! Maybe they can skate with boy wonder. Since his two little bodyguards will be gone next year.
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

It must be the school district, South may be on top of the leaderboard-6, North right behind, Prior Lake and Jefferson in contention.
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Karma 29 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

Whatever it takes right! Maybe they can skate with boy wonder. Since his two little bodyguards will be gone next year.
You need to learn to be a better agitator. If that's your best, I am a little dissapointed!
Karma 29

Post by Karma 29 »

Sats81 wrote:
Karma 29 wrote:
Sats81 wrote: Reedy and Pratt. Boys are gonna look good in the Nordique!
You need to learn to be a better agitator. If that's your best, I am a little dissapointed!
How did the weekend go for the Twins? After their HUGE night Saturday, were they healthy scratch's yesterday? LOL
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Karma 29 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Karma 29 wrote: Whatever it takes right! Maybe they can skate with boy wonder. Since his two little bodyguards will be gone next year.
How did the weekend go for the Twins? After their HUGE night Saturday, were they healthy scratch's yesterday? LOL
JP with a point in his first USHL game sat night, not bad for him and Nick playing on the 4th line and only practicing 2 days with the team. If you were at the game, go ahead, comment. If you are simply reading a meaningless box score you are only proving what I already thought of you. Healthy Scratches yesterday? Nope, not at all. Came home for the LN STATE CHAMPIONS team banquet to celebrate with their TEAMMATES. (Missed you there) Good try though! You are getting better.
Karma 29

Post by Karma 29 »

Sats81 wrote:
Karma 29 wrote:
Sats81 wrote: You need to learn to be a better agitator. If that's your best, I am a little dissapointed!

JP with a point in his first USHL game sat night, not bad for him and Nick playing on the 4th line and only practicing 2 days with the team. If you were at the game, go ahead, comment. If you are simply reading a meaningless box score you are only proving what I already thought of you. Healthy Scratches yesterday? Nope, not at all. Came home for the LN STATE CHAMPIONS team banquet to celebrate with their TEAMMATES. (Missed you there) Good try though! You are getting better.
Owe I think I touched a nerve. If not, try this... meaningless box score (-2) for both.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Karma 29 wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
Karma 29 wrote:

Owe I think I touched a nerve. If not, try this... meaningless box score (-2) for both.
You two need to quit this back-and-forth sniping in this and other topics. Go find another sandbox to fight in.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Karma 29

Post by Karma 29 »

Fair enough