Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

zambonidriver

Best triple A programs

Post by zambonidriver »

What are the best triple A programs for girls I have heard the Blades or OS
BluehawkHockey

Re: Best triple A programs

Post by BluehawkHockey »

Blades are probably one of the most consistent and well known.

There are lots of organizations. It really depends on how much time and money you have and how far you want to travel for practice.

Northland Hockey group has teams all over, lower cost and less time commitment. Probably more of a second tier of skill levels.

Ice Cougars, Reebok Nationals, Skate To Excellence, Easton, United, Miracle Gold, etc. Seems like many of them have a couple good teams at different age levels. Few have good teams at every age level. Blades is one that is pretty consistently good at each age level. Easton, Reebok Nationals and Ice Cougars might be next. I think Miracle Gold has only had girls teams for a couple years.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

BluehawkHockey wrote:Blades are probably one of the most consistent and well known.

There are lots of organizations. It really depends on how much time and money you have and how far you want to travel for practice.

Northland Hockey group has teams all over, lower cost and less time commitment. Probably more of a second tier of skill levels.

Ice Cougars, Reebok Nationals, Skate To Excellence, Easton, United, Miracle Gold, etc. Seems like many of them have a couple good teams at different age levels. Few have good teams at every age level. Blades is one that is pretty consistently good at each age level. Easton, Reebok Nationals and Ice Cougars might be next. I think Miracle Gold has only had girls teams for a couple years.
This is a very good list that is nonetheless forgetting a pretty good AAA program out of Edina/Bloomington.
BluehawkHockey

Post by BluehawkHockey »

I'm sorry. The Machine completely slipped my mind. I'd say they are right up there with the Blades. Pretty consistently good teams at each age level.

OS is also pretty good. It was excellent in it's first couple years. I think it's reputation is bigger than reality. Their training program is pretty good. Unfortunately, Winny can't coach every team they have.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

I think you're caught in the youth hockey trap.
You took a jab about your goalie being in 5th grade on another thread.
However, the reality is, if she's an 02, you're looking for a 12U team, and the ones listed are probably set as of MEA weekend, if not 2 or 3 years prior to that.
Of course, if she's a rockstar, she'll play wherever you want.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

InigoMontoya wrote:I think you're caught in the youth hockey trap.
You took a jab about your goalie being in 5th grade on another thread.
However, the reality is, if she's an 02, you're looking for a 12U team, and the ones listed are probably set as of MEA weekend, if not 2 or 3 years prior to that.
Of course, if she's a rockstar, she'll play wherever you want.
I didn't take a jab that was somebody else I guess I should have rephrased the best 1st year 12 A goalies. When we played highland they had one who was super. So far i haven't seen any first year goalies who are better.