Nanne to NTDP?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

green4

Post by green4 »

Tyler did send out a tweet after the game "unreal experience tonight" making it sound like more of a one time deal compared to joining the team. He has always seemed pretty invested I think in finishing out at Edina but the best way to know is to wait and see for the next Edina game.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

green4 wrote:...the best way to know is to wait and see for the next Edina game.
Which is tonight at 8pm. In anyone is interested in a Nanne Watch (and/or the game at Eagan), there should be a webstream here (JV as 6pm):

http://www.wildcat-hockey.com/page/show ... s-webcasts
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Still wondering how the mshsl will allow a Nanne to go play for another team during the season, but a Baer is allowed to be exterminated by watching another team play a game?
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

MrBoDangles wrote:Still wondering how the mshsl will allow a Nanne to go play for another team during the season, but a Baer is allowed to be exterminated by watching another team play a game?
Interesting point.

Maybe the answer is obvious :wink:
stpaul

BSM

Post by stpaul »

I thought Baer was kicked of the team by Ken Pauly and that it had nothing to do with the MSHSL.
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

Why should the MSHSL make a player ineligible for getting a call to represent USA HOCKEY. The reality is anyone who thinks the Nanne kid should be somehow punished is flat out ridiculous. I don't care who the kids grandfather is..or how people have to somehow demeanor everything the grandsons do...why doesn't everyone just say "good job Nanne reppin' the USA and put on your Edina jersey and lets get back to work"...The Nanne bashing is getting old on here..
puckbreath

Re: f

Post by puckbreath »

Tenoverpar wrote:Why should the MSHSL make a player ineligible for getting a call to represent USA HOCKEY. The reality is anyone who thinks the Nanne kid should be somehow punished is flat out ridiculous. I don't care who the kids grandfather is..or how people have to somehow demeanor everything the grandsons do...why doesn't everyone just say "good job Nanne reppin' the USA and put on your Edina jersey and lets get back to work"...The Nanne bashing is getting old on here..
Punished ? Nah.

The Nanne perks are also getting old :wink:

Razzing comes with the territory, of receiving them.
MrBoDangles

Re: BSM

Post by MrBoDangles »

stpaul wrote:I thought Baer was kicked of the team by Ken Pauly and that it had nothing to do with the MSHSL.
Key word: Allow
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

Hscout000 wrote:Will be interesting to see how Edina fares now, blueline was definitely the weakness for that team.
He went for one game - was back for Eagan game.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

So I guess all girls that go play for team usa over the holidays will have to be kicked off their teams. Give it up people!!

Baer was kicked off his team by Pauly and benilde, not MSHSL.

I wish knew the background of all the people that make such ridiculous posts.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

Tigers33 wrote:So I guess all girls that go play for team usa over the holidays will have to be kicked off their teams. Give it up people!!

Without re-reading the thread, I don't recall anyone saying he should be kicked off of anything.
GradesAreGood

Post by GradesAreGood »

USA v. minn hs hockey is like getting called up from the minors, and for him to go back down to the minors, I know he deserves this thread for the U16/U17 thing, but can you give a guy a break. No doubt there are more deserving kids out there but Nanne's still good
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

NoExcuses wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:It's who ya know not what ya know. You all should know that. You can't tell me none of you got a job ever cause you knew the manager or the boss was a family friend. It's called connections!! And apparently you guys for have any :)
And the nanne's do have some!!

All I will say is I absolutely love listening to Lou nanne on kfan. I wish he was the gm for any of our sporting teams. And yes I think he would do a better job then any of the current gm's.

I agree..... lets see Cam Neely..NO, Tom Barrasso...NO, Who is this Yzerman guy...NO, LaFontaine...NO, Yes I know Brian Lawton
Haha... funny stuff.
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

puckbreath wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:So I guess all girls that go play for team usa over the holidays will have to be kicked off their teams. Give it up people!!

Without re-reading the thread, I don't recall anyone saying he should be kicked off of anything.
They're saying he should be ineligible so really what's the difference? I guess "Kicked off" just sounds worse.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Really not sure what the argument is. It is perfect fine for a player to go play for the NDTP during the season for a game or two...As long as the school & coach signs off on it, which I am sure they did in Nanne's case.

Baer's situation was a BSM Coach/Teams decision and he (Baer) didn't go to the NDTP...

From the MSHSL rules;

There are exceptions:

E. Special Considerations:
1. National Teams and Olympic Development Programs
The MSHSL may permit participation by high school students on bona fide national teams or in Olympic development programs if:
a. The program is approved and supported by the national governing body of the sport or if there is an Olympic development program of training and competition.
b. Directly funded by a national governing body on a national level.
c. Authorized by a national governing body for athletes having potential for future national team participation.
Students who are invited to participate on National Teams or in Olympic Development Programs must contact their high school principal to obtain an application form. This must be completed at least thirty (30) days prior to participation.
2. During the school year, students who participate for their school in a sport may participate through training, try-out or competition on a National Team or in a United States Olympic Development Program provided the student receives an individual invitation from the United States Olympic Committee or the United States National Governing Body on the national level for that sport.
3. Students who have completed their eligibility in a sport are exempt from the non-school competition and training rules in that sport
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

StanleyCup55 wrote:
puckbreath wrote:

They're saying he should be ineligible so really what's the difference? I guess "Kicked off" just sounds worse.
Never said that ... Just have a problem with the mshsl letting a kid get waxed for watching a game, but saying good luck for another kid maybe trying to test the other waters out there. Illegal?

Never said anything about Tyler Nanne. Deserving? Can't say I've seen him play enough.

Brother Nanne and the other Gopher tied kid yucking it up at penticton, but the Gophers wanted them, is another story.
puckbreath

Post by puckbreath »

StanleyCup55 wrote:
puckbreath wrote:

Haven't seen anyone said he should be ineligible either.....again, without looking at the entire thread again.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Bodangles is trying to compare nanne going to the USA team for or game as the same with the Baer situation. They are apples to oranges. Baer got waxed by a coach from a private school. Not the mshsl!! Your beef is with Pauly and the benilde AD in that situation.

Nanne going to the USA team for a game is the same opportunity girls get to do over the holidays. Both great opportunities and all welcomed back to their respective teams afterwards.

Baer a complete different situation cause Pauly dismissed him.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Tigers33 wrote:Bodangles is trying to compare nanne going to the USA team for or game as the same with the Baer situation. They are apples to oranges. Baer got waxed by a coach from a private school. Not the mshsl!! Your beef is with Pauly and the benilde AD in that situation.

Nanne going to the USA team for a game is the same opportunity girls get to do over the holidays. Both great opportunities and all welcomed back to their respective teams afterwards.

Baer a complete different situation cause Pauly dismissed him.
It's kinda like a Ford worker going out and buying a Ford and being patted on the head and a Ford worker going out and looking at a Chevy only to be fired on the spot.

And it's all happily ok'd be the heads of (mshsl) Ford.

Obey your masters.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Can you agree that the mshsl didn't boot Baer off of benilde?

If so, then your issues should be with giles apparently.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Zero comprehension
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

Can somebody can point out a rule out somewhere that says the MSHSL has the authority to prevent individual personnel decisions made by a head coach? I'd like to see if such a rule exists.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Gopher Blog wrote:Can somebody can point out a rule out somewhere that says the MSHSL has the authority to prevent individual personnel decisions made by a head coach? I'd like to see if such a rule exists.
I looked it up

1b. Any mention of interest in the CHL is grounds for immediate extermination.
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

Tigers33 wrote:Can you agree that the mshsl didn't boot Baer off of benilde?

Hypothetical for Bo to Ponder. What would have happened at BSM if Baer had requested a couple day trip to try out for the NTDP? What would have happened to Nanne if he had requested to attend a CHL team's games for the weekend? I don't know the answer, but I'm sure Bo does. In either case, it's probably not within the authority of the MSHSL to step in - unless, of course you believe that the last name carries some weight. :wink:
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:Can you agree that the mshsl didn't boot Baer off of benilde?

Hypothetical for Bo to Ponder. What would have happened at BSM if Baer had requested a couple day trip to try out for the NTDP? What would have happened to Nanne if he had requested to attend a CHL team's games for the weekend? I don't know the answer, but I'm sure Bo does. In either case, it's probably not within the authority of the MSHSL to step in - unless, of course you believe that the last name carries some weight. :wink:
It's sad how bad the comprehension is around here.

I'd be saying the same thing if Nanne was kicked off a team for the same reason.

I'd be saying the same thing if Baer went to play for a TEAM during the season and mshsl had an exception for this.

Try reading slowly through the thread next time.