Jack Ramsey

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

gitter wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:
knowitall wrote:Bemused

Not eligible yet big guy. check back next year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=526QUiYPgt0
:lol:
bemused

Post by bemused »

I see he is a 95 and going to 18 this year and missed the draft cut off by 6 weeks. I will check back next year and I hope he does better than Gardner and Holl....
meridian90

Re: f

Post by meridian90 »

Tenoverpar wrote:future Penticton Vee and the BCHL playing with his future Gopher linemate next year. The question is who will round out the 2015 3rd line for the Gophers

WALKER--NANNE--_____________?
As a WB guy, was hoping that was gonna say "Wahlin"
Vapor

Re: f

Post by Vapor »

meridian90 wrote:
Tenoverpar wrote:future Penticton Vee and the BCHL playing with his future Gopher linemate next year. The question is who will round out the 2015 3rd line for the Gophers

WALKER--NANNE--_____________?
As a WB guy, was hoping that was gonna say "Wahlin"

Walker ??
bemused

Post by bemused »

bemused wrote:

I see he is a 95 and going to 18 this year and missed the draft cut off by 6 weeks. I will check back next year and I hope he does better than Gardner and Holl....
Well, I am checking back on the superstar..2 goals in 21 games in the BCHL which is Tier II junior in Canada.. and still playing on all the USA teams..November CSS rates him a 'C' prospect..
preferhockey

Post by preferhockey »

So could it be overrated based on name....
nobama

Post by nobama »

USA hockey double chins are picking the teams so that explains it [-X =D>
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

HockeyGuy952 wrote:Congratulations on having the right name.
Why would people complain about him having his dad's name? Looking at it from a scouts angle, a kid who shows some potential and has a father named Mike Ramsey would definitely peak my interest just because of his name. Ever heard of the english word "hereditary"? If Doug Gretzky was coming through, don't you think it might be a good idea to take a look at him and possibly get his rights so no one else can in case the kid pans out? I mean unless the guy stinks, but I don't think that's the case here. In my opinion, I think it's a great move by the Gophs.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

StanleyCup55 wrote:Ever heard of the english word "hereditary"? .... In my opinion, I think it's a great move by the Gophs.
His older sister has sure turned out to be a great D1 player for the Gopher women's team....the hereditary thing worked out well in that instance.
bemused

Post by bemused »

bemused wrote:
bemused wrote:

Well, I am checking back on the superstar..2 goals in 21 games in the BCHL which is Tier II junior in Canada.. and still playing on all the USA teams..November CSS rates him a 'C' prospect..
eight goals in 48 games..he's on fire!! and we could have had Yon…or Gersich…or Poganski
beaconpuck

Post by beaconpuck »

guessing you haven't seen him play a single game? Logging onto hockeydb doesn't make you an expert, stats don't tell the whole story, plus can kids ever just have some time to develop at a new level? Wasn't like Fasching lit the world on fire in Ann Arbor, but pretty sure he's worthy of his scholarship at the U.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

beaconpuck wrote:guessing you haven't seen him play a single game? Logging onto hockeydb doesn't make you an expert, stats don't tell the whole story, plus can kids ever just have some time to develop at a new level? Wasn't like Fasching lit the world on fire in Ann Arbor, but pretty sure he's worthy of his scholarship at the U.
This is all true, and I openly admit I thought Fasching was not gonna have anywhere near the impact he has thus far at the U. He has also changed his game a lot from Ann Arbor. Not sure if its coming from LA or tDon, but he is finally starting to use that big frame to his advantage and going into the paint to score goals and not playing like he's 5'7". Which are all the same things he will need to do to continue to have success at the college level and in the show.
bemused

Post by bemused »

beaconpuck wrote:guessing you haven't seen him play a single game? Logging onto hockeydb doesn't make you an expert, stats don't tell the whole story, plus can kids ever just have some time to develop at a new level? Wasn't like Fasching lit the world on fire in Ann Arbor, but pretty sure he's worthy of his scholarship at the U.
Yes, I have seen him play more than a single game which is why I responded to this topic last year , which you would have seen if you had read all of it… nice first post.

And by the way Fasching dominated as a sophomore... and Ramsey was invisible as a junior..
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

bemused wrote:
Yes, I have seen him play more than a single game which is why I responded to this topic last year , which you would have seen if you had read all of it… nice first post.

And by the way Fasching dominated as a sophomore... and Ramsey was invisible as a junior..
I am not giving up on Ramsey yet with his bloodlines, and the fact that he is still technically only a SR in HS, I have not seen him play since he was playing HS last year at Tonka, but I have to agree with you. I saw him play 6-8 times last year and he was a NON factor. Yes, Fasching did dominate as a soph at AV too.
bemused

Post by bemused »

Sats81 wrote:
bemused wrote:

I am not giving up on Ramsey yet with his bloodlines, and the fact that he is still technically only a SR in HS, I have not seen him play since he was playing HS last year at Tonka, but I have to agree with you. I saw him play 6-8 times last year and he was a NON factor. Yes, Fasching did dominate as a soph at AV too.

Look, I have nothing against the kid (or the dad) and I too, hope he lights it up as a Goph. That would be good for everybody. I just hated Don's decisions to give early commits
to a bunch of kids (L. Nanne, Lettieri, Ramsey) that only got them due to connections. In the meantime, Gersich,Poganski, Yon and others get away. Certainly, can't ague with his success this year.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

bemused wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
bemused wrote: Yes, I have seen him play more than a single game which is why I responded to this topic last year , which you would have seen if you had read all of it… nice first post.

Look, I have nothing against the kid (or the dad) and I too, hope he lights it up as a Goph. That would be good for everybody. I just hated Don's decisions to give early commits
to a bunch of kids (L. Nanne, Lettieri, Ramsey) that only got them due to connections. In the meantime, Gersich,Poganski, Yon and others get away. Certainly, can't ague with his success this year.
Couldn't agree with you more on that. Although I do strongly believe Lettieri is a lot better than he has shown mostly because he has been buried on a depth chart with all the skill they have at forward right now.
Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

bemused wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
bemused wrote: Yes, I have seen him play more than a single game which is why I responded to this topic last year , which you would have seen if you had read all of it… nice first post.

The more he does it, the more kids are going to keep moving toward UND. By all means, keep it up Don :)
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

How is North Dakota doing this year?
blindref

Post by blindref »

bemused wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

Fwiw
Poganski wanted to play for the when he was ten years old
siouxforce19

Post by siouxforce19 »

bemused wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

Yeah, clearly I'm not a Gopher fan, but I also don't think you can put Lettieri in a category with the other two. He was a productive high school and junior hockey player. He'll probably produce more for the Gophers when he's an upperclassman.
supertacks

Post by supertacks »

Tigers33 wrote:How is North Dakota doing this year?
Box... Box... Box... :lol: