Brick Awards for Team MN

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

summerisforbaseball

Brick Awards for Team MN

Post by summerisforbaseball »

Looks like Team Minnesota could have used some more offense. They only scored 10 goals in 6 games but made it to the top 6 playoff round which is much better than last couple years. Couple of players picked up hardware. . #38 Hillman (out of state goalie from Kansas) was tournament MVP and first team all star. #9 Dexheimer was voted 2nd team all star on defense. (top 4 d) good for them. Watched 3 games. Team didn't give up much but they couldn't put the puck in the net. I'm sure there was a kid or two out there who could have helped them score more goals. Better unity needed from the state of Minnesota to take the next step. Enough talent to do so.
mackjogger

Re: Brick Awards for Team MN

Post by mackjogger »

summerisforbaseball wrote:Looks like Team Minnesota could have used some more offense. They only scored 10 goals in 6 games but made it to the top 6 playoff round which is much better than last couple years. Couple of players picked up hardware. . #38 Hillman (out of state goalie from Kansas) was tournament MVP and first team all star. #9 Dexheimer was voted 2nd team all star on defense. (top 4 d) good for them. Watched 3 games. Team didn't give up much but they couldn't put the puck in the net. I'm sure there was a kid or two out there who could have helped them score more goals. Better unity needed from the state of Minnesota to take the next step. Enough talent to do so.
Go back to the baseball field..ur backhanded compliment with the obvious ulterior motive is unbearable...Just let it go for 250 days or so then you can start back up! Let the team enjoy what was a great run!
summerisforbaseball

Post by summerisforbaseball »

I wasn't being a Richard. Just pointing out the team didn't put the puck in the net and the fact I'm sure there was probably a better forward out there than one of the kids who made the team. Kudos to the two kids who made all tourney team. That's a life long memory. MN can win this tourney with a little more unity.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

summerisforbaseball wrote:I'm sure there was probably a better forward out there than one of the kids who made the team.

MN can win this tourney with a little more unity.
My advice to Minnesota parents that would like their 10-year-old to play in The Brick: take them to Minnesota Blades tryouts when they are 8.
Be kind. Rewind.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

O-townClown wrote:
summerisforbaseball wrote:I'm sure there was probably a better forward out there than one of the kids who made the team.

My advice to Minnesota parents that would like their 10-year-old to play in The Brick: take them to Minnesota Blades tryouts when they are 8.
Weren't some regular roster kids left off the brick roster? I seem to remember some bummed out parents posting about it on here.
skipperj

Post by skipperj »

I think everyone has made it clear that the brick team is seperate from normal blades team. Move on. Getting old. Bricks over till next year
formerplayer9

Post by formerplayer9 »

O-townClown wrote:

My advice to Minnesota parents that would like their 10-year-old to play in The Brick: take them to Minnesota Blades tryouts when they are 8.[/quo

I myself played in the Brick years back. Our team was strictly MN and the "Blades team". Some of the players on the regular season team were not invited to go. Coaches went outside of the team (from MN) and brought them along instead. I wasn't the best player on the team, but I am grateful for the experience I had. To this day there are 6 + players I played with that went to the Brick have D1 scholarships. Don't tell me there is not enough talent in MN to have an entire MN TEAM. I played for the Blades for 4 years and then was cut from the roster. I have no hard feelings for there reasoning behind releasing me from the team. I am a multi-sport athlete and didn't put in as much time as maybe I should have in hockey like other players did that replaced me. MN Blades is a good operating AAA club and I always will have the utmost respect for Terry Moore helping me advance as an individual in the sport I love
Jerry Lundegaard

Post by Jerry Lundegaard »

:)
Last edited by Jerry Lundegaard on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skipperj

Post by skipperj »

Geeze Jerry, This is why we only have a few that comment regularly on here because anytime someone expresses an opinion (especially about the blades or machine) someone has to immediately cut them down.
I respect your opinion formerplayer9 and I'm glad you had a good experience. I hope your story will be an inspiration to all those kids at the younger ages that are naturally talented that it will only go so far and then hard work, dedication, and heart will come into play.