Charlie Sampair to UMD

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

pioneers

Charlie Sampair to UMD

Post by pioneers »

Charlie Sampair has accepted an offer to play for UMD
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
stpaul

Charlie Samair

Post by stpaul »

Congratulations to Charlie. He was outstanding this past year. HM Pioneers Chris Casto, Charlie Sampair and Blake Heinrich will all be UMD Bulldogs together in a couple of years.
BodyShots

Re: Charlie Sampair to UMD

Post by BodyShots »

pioneers wrote:Charlie Sampair has accepted an offer to play for UMD
Good to hear Charlie is going to continue on with his hockey career. I had heard rumors that he was quiting the sport. Glad that's not the case. :)
auld_skool

Post by auld_skool »

Will he play this fall?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Cograts to ANOTHER Mn kid moving on to play collegehockey. It seems like we must be developing players just fine.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

auld_skool wrote:
Will he play this fall?
Yes he will.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
auld_skool

Post by auld_skool »

pioneers wrote:
auld_skool wrote:
Will he play this fall?
Yes he will.
Thanks. Too bad for Indiana in the USHL, he was their first round pick. But congratulations to him and good luck in the WCHA!

Post by 2112 »

old goalie85 wrote:Cograts to ANOTHER Mn kid moving on to play collegehockey. It seems like we must be developing players just fine.

OG if this is your measuring stick for Minnesota developement then i guess your correct, Congrats to charlie for making the next step.

Og maybe we should see where the Minnesota High School kids go in the draft, i think that would be a better measuring stick. We didn`t have any invited to combines.
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

Congrats to Charlie! UMD is one of the better college programs in the nation, and they have some very good recruits coming in over the next few years.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

2112- Yes I feel that playing D-1 hockey is a VERY high level of hockey. And a great acomplishment by Charlie. I think UMD just had the Hoby winner. I would think he was a somewhat developed hockey player. Maybe You feel a kid needs to be an NHL Allstar to be considered developed. And thats cool different opinions I guess.

Post by 2112 »

old goalie85 wrote:2112- Yes I feel that playing D-1 hockey is a VERY high level of hockey. And a great acomplishment by Charlie. I think UMD just had the Hoby winner. I would think he was a somewhat developed hockey player. Maybe You feel a kid needs to be an NHL Allstar to be considered developed. And thats cool different opinions I guess.

OG never said a kid needs to be in the NHL to be a success, not in the least. I am asking if kids getting a D1 scholarship is a measuring stick for Minnesota High School developement, or should we use the NHL draft to give us some idea of where the Minnesota Model stands for developement as compared to other states and Canada.
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

2112 wrote:
old goalie85 wrote:2112- Yes I feel that playing D-1 hockey is a VERY high level of hockey. And a great acomplishment by Charlie. I think UMD just had the Hoby winner. I would think he was a somewhat developed hockey player. Maybe You feel a kid needs to be an NHL Allstar to be considered developed. And thats cool different opinions I guess.

OG never said a kid needs to be in the NHL to be a success, not in the least. I am asking if kids getting a D1 scholarship is a measuring stick for Minnesota High School developement,
uuuuuuuhhhh, yes... a thousand times yes. Not. Even. A. Question.
2112 wrote:or should we use the NHL draft to give us some idea of where the Minnesota Model stands for developement as compared to other states and Canada.
dead horse, meet stick. Stick, this is dead horse.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

auld_skool wrote:
pioneers wrote:
auld_skool wrote:

Thanks. Too bad for Indiana in the USHL, he was their first round pick. But congratulations to him and good luck in the WCHA!
Or the NCHC. Whatever.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Good hockey player. Nice to see he will continue his career at a great college hockey program.