Its Official SSP Packers new coach

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ssppuck

Its Official SSP Packers new coach

Post by ssppuck »

Scott Macho is the new head hockey coach.. What do you guys think.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Wasn't he the coach at Rosemount previously?
Raider Nation Guy

Post by Raider Nation Guy »

Ask the Rosemount youth program what they think. There is a reason he got fired. He will spend zero time with your youth program.
stopper1

Post by stopper1 »

Pretty sure that he was the high school coach not the youth program director. Thats what people don't understand. Being a high school hockey coach is 6 + day a week 2nd job for most coaches. That is why youth programs have presidents, appointed coaches etc. High school coaches put a ton of time in during the season. They can't coach the youth too. Maybe help advise a little but thats it. Congrats to Scott and good luck on the upcoming season.
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

stopper1 wrote:Pretty sure that he was the high school coach not the youth program director. Thats what people don't understand. Being a high school hockey coach is 6 + day a week 2nd job for most coaches. That is why youth programs have presidents, appointed coaches etc. High school coaches put a ton of time in during the season. They can't coach the youth too. Maybe help advise a little but thats it. Congrats to Scott and good luck on the upcoming season.
No one is saying that a HS coach has to coach at the youth level, and we get that HS coaches are very busy people, but it is in their best interest to, at the very least, maintan good working relationships with the youth program. Those kids are his/her future, unless, like most big programs, you have a recruiter taking care of your player needs.
stopper1

Post by stopper1 »

Bluewhitefan wrote:
stopper1 wrote:Pretty sure that he was the high school coach not the youth program director. Thats what people don't understand. Being a high school hockey coach is 6 + day a week 2nd job for most coaches. That is why youth programs have presidents, appointed coaches etc. High school coaches put a ton of time in during the season. They can't coach the youth too. Maybe help advise a little but thats it. Congrats to Scott and good luck on the upcoming season.
No one is saying that a HS coach has to coach at the youth level, and we get that HS coaches are very busy people, but it is in their best interest to, at the very least, maintan good working relationships with the youth program. Those kids are his/her future, unless, like most big programs, you have a recruiter taking care of your player needs.[

Right which is why I said to help advise a little. A lot of parents I think expect a lot more than they should from a HS coach when it comes to youth thats all I am saying.
ssppuck

Post by ssppuck »

I don't know this coach at all. Talking with someone who was on the interview panel, he stated he was very interested in the youth program and wanted to spend some time with them. lets hope he doesn't eat his words.
Raider Nation Guy wrote:Ask the Rosemount youth program what they think. There is a reason he got fired. He will spend zero time with your youth program.
truehsfan

Post by truehsfan »

ssppuck wrote:I don't know this coach at all. Talking with someone who was on the interview panel, he stated he was very interested in the youth program and wanted to spend some time with them. lets hope he doesn't eat his words.
Raider Nation Guy wrote:Ask the Rosemount youth program what they think. There is a reason he got fired. He will spend zero time with your youth program.
Did anybody check out his coaching record? SSP must not want to win.

Stepan takes over for Scott Macho, who guided the Irish for seven seasons, compiling a 65-120-2 record, including a 6-21-0 mark last season.
Rosemount lost to Eagan 12-0 in the Section 3AA quarterfinals last year.
2009 3-23 and 0-19 in conference
2010 6-19 and 3-15 in conference
2011 5-20 and 1-16 in conference
His teams have been out scored by 100 goals or more in every season while averaging barely a goal a game. Rosemount is a solid youth program and their HS team has lost to some very poor HS programs.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

Can't say I like the hire for the Packers. Was really hoping they would get a better name to start building the program back up.
mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 »

I think regardless of the coach, SSP is a tough job with that community not having a ton of quality coming up...they definitely cannot afford the early defections of guys like Young and Wilcox in recent years and be a factor...
truehsfan

Post by truehsfan »

[quote="mnhockfan99"]I think regardless of the coach, SSP is a tough job with that community not having a ton of quality coming up...they definitely cannot afford the early defections of guys like Young and Wilcox in recent years and be a factor...[/quote]

SSP may not have the talent they once did but, they are a proud program. Their teams always seem to compete and finish in the top of the conference. I'm sorry but, bringing loosing coach is a poor decision. I heard Rosemount fans and parents had been trying to get rid of this guy for over 3 years. There is a reason he was fired...like 4 straight 20 game loosing seasons. Not sure what SSP AD was thinking on this.