Monday, December 19 scores & updates

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

east hockey
Site Admin

Monday, December 19 scores & updates

Post by east hockey »

A few games going on tonight:

Lakeville South at White Bear Lake
Luverne at Windom
Proctor at St Cloud Cathedral
St Paul Highland Park at Pine City
Two Harbors at Hibbing

Lee
Last edited by east hockey on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
WHAFightingSaints

Post by WHAFightingSaints »

In the 3rd
Lakeville South 6
White Bear Lake 1
Shots 24-4 according to the Hub
Game is being streamed on MN Hockey Hub
WHAFightingSaints

WHAFightingSaints wrote:In the 3rd
Lakeville South 6
White Bear Lake 1
Final
Lakeville South 7
White Bear Lake 1
Kloos Hat Trick
WBL managed only single digits for shots on goal for the entire game
White Bear Nation

Post by White Bear Nation »

WHAFightingSaints wrote:
Lakeville South 6
White Bear Lake 1
Final
Lakeville South 7
White Bear Lake 1
Kloos Hat Trick
White Bear did not look good tonight! Schletty let up 6 goals on about 18 shots. The first line struggled a little bit to. I think their minds are on Thursdays game against Hill Murray.
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

[quote="White Bear Nation"][quote="WHAFightingSaints"][quote="WHAFightingSaints"]In the 3rd
Lakeville South 6
White Bear Lake 1
Game is being streamed on MN Hockey Hub[/quote]

Final
Lakeville South 7
White Bear Lake 1
Kloos Hat Trick
WBL managed only single digits for shots on goal for the entire game[/quote]

White Bear did not look good tonight! Schletty let up 6 goals on about 18 shots. The first line struggled a little bit to. I think their minds are on Thursdays game against Hill Murray.[/quote]

South had almost as many goals ad WBL had shots.. I wouldn't say they were looking forward to Hill.. They were flat out dominated by a better team
Puck76

Post by Puck76 »

Cathedral over Proctor 6-0.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

South played well tonight, the Bears appeared to have no plan in place to slow down the top guys for South and they made them pay.
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

From what I hear there were 10 NHL scouts at the LS vs WBL game watching Kloos.. He did not disappoint, hat trick and an assist
SChockey

Post by SChockey »

RickyTicky wrote:From what I hear there were 10 NHL scouts at the LS vs WBL game watching Kloos.. He did not disappoint, hat trick and an assist
Kloos was solid. From what I could tell he wasn't too flashy, but made things happen on the ice.

WB's goalie was pulled after 5 or 6. Their forecheck was basically non existent. Expected a tighter game.
GoWild

Post by GoWild »

Anyone know the score from Hibbing vs. Two Harbors? On hockey hub it says hibbing won 1-0 is all, but that can't be right
rainier

Post by rainier »

GoWild wrote:Anyone know the score from Hibbing vs. Two Harbors? On hockey hub it says hibbing won 1-0 is all, but that can't be right

It was 12-0 Hibbing, they outshot them 68-12. Adam Johnson had 3g and 3a and Josh Bestul had 4g. They also gave Carlson the night off and played both the soph and frosh goalies. I know it doesn't mean alot against a team like Two Harbors, but they did what they were supposed to do.

They have been playing much better lately, taking Roseau to OT and keeping it close with Minnetonka. Carlson has been much improved in the nets; this is his first year in varsity so a shaky start was not wholly unexpected.

The Hibbing-Mahtomedi game next Tue should be a good one!
GoWild

Post by GoWild »

Thanks
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

WHAFightingSaints wrote:
Lakeville South 6
White Bear Lake 1
Final
Lakeville South 7
White Bear Lake 1
Kloos Hat Trick
This was the worst a$$ kicking I have EVER seen a WBL hockey team take. The got dominated in every aspect of the game. After two periods, WBL had only 3 shots on goal. At times I wondered if this was LS varsity against WBL JV.

Is LS that good, or is WBL that bad? I can only hope the bears where looking forward to Thursday nights match up with HM, and over looked this game. Otherwise the SEC is in big trouble.
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

It seemed like a combination of both for it to be so lop-sided..

South looks like they have found their grove. After struggling in their first 2 games against Edina and Eagan they have gone 3-0 since and outscored their opponents 21-3 in that stretch. WBL really looked flat out there.. They are a better team than they showed last night but still.. with how incredibly one sided this game was, I would have to say it was more than just WBL over looking South.. Good thing for WBL is it's still early in the season
SChockey

WB/Lakeville

Post by SChockey »

Didn't help the Bears were in the box quite a bit last night either. It really seems White Bear's program has been going downhill the last couple of years and it looks like that trend is going to continue from what I've heard.

The student section was rather small, no band, crowd seemed smaller than years past, and overall just a pretty quiet atmosphere. Maybe it's the new rink and maybe I shouldn't only base it off of a Monday night game vs. Lakeville, but White Bear hockey just seems a little different nowadays.
WHAFightingSaints

Re: WB/Lakeville

SChockey wrote:Didn't help the Bears were in the box quite a bit last night either. It really seems White Bear's program has been going downhill the last couple of years and it looks like that trend is going to continue from what I've heard.

The student section was rather small, no band, crowd seemed smaller than years past, and overall just a pretty quiet atmosphere. Maybe it's the new rink and maybe I shouldn't only base it off of a Monday night game vs. Lakeville, but White Bear hockey just seems a little different nowadays.
Going downhill? I believe they palyed in St. Paul last March!
SChockey

Re: WB/Lakeville

Post by SChockey »

WHAFightingSaints wrote:
SChockey wrote:Didn't help the Bears were in the box quite a bit last night either. It really seems White Bear's program has been going downhill the last couple of years and it looks like that trend is going to continue from what I've heard.

Going downhill? I believe they palyed in St. Paul last March!
I mean it in a more general sense. Don't get me wrong, they pulled off the upset and almost managed to beat a very good DE team in the quarterfinals, but to say they were a top team last year would be pushing it. Not to mention their performances in the consolation games didn't say much either....

Being a long time White Bear fan it just shocked me a bit to see such a big difference in the game last night and a few during the last regular season regarding talent and overall excitement of players/fans. Maybe I'm just stuck in the Hambly, Greer, Grun, Braun, Hansen days.......