Bantam's

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News »

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
Shinbone_News wrote:I was just gonna say... summer hockey at a high level for this age could really leapfrog some kids. Also growth spurts, which can certainly help OR hurt.

I was watching a top-tier '98 AAA championship this summer (no names of teams, I promise! but we're talking top 30 players in the state here) and I could instantly pick out the kids who'd hit puberty during the summer: Not only were the breezers just a tad small and the skates just a tad new looking, but they were skilled kids suddenly dealing with awkward new bodies. An unsympathetic or non-hockey person might say "How did THAT kid end up on the [team name here. Rhymes with "Grades" or "Grachine"]???

Depending on how hardcore the coach or evaluators are, they might drop a kid a level or two during those tough years??? But it's a terrible time to get pigeon-holed down to Cs if the kid has high school varsity hopes.

Our association has a nice process for grievances along these lines. Not sure how often a placement is changed, but they definitely offer the opportunity for a re-evaluation when something is dreadfully wrong. I think it's then the parents duty to go through that process and gracefully accept the final result.
Let's be clear on your comment, just because you play on one of your unmentioned Top Tier 98 AAA teams in no way puts them as the top 30 98 born players in the state. If you really believe that you should get out of your bubble and watch more hockey. :wink:
Fair enough. Tell me who I should see, when and where. Money, be introduced to mouth. Walk? Meet talk. Otherwise, I call BS. (Though I generally agree with your sentiment, just not the self-righteousness of it. Of course there are better bigger players somewhere else. There always are. One of the two teams in that ship was a national selects team. No kids of mine or anyone I know on either team. Not my point at all. "Getting out and watching more hockey" is precisely what I was doing on an 80-degree Sunday in summer. You people are so ornery, always spoiling for a fight!)
Pucksahater

Post by Pucksahater »

Shine don`t let puck get to you, he is a hater through and through. Puck is always sour because he is on the outside looking in when it comes to summer AAA hockey. Puck does however come up with some funny stuff, once and awhile. Don`t you J&J. :lol: :lol:
observer

Post by observer »

we're talking top 30 players in the state here
I was thinking the same thing. I think what Shinbone was trying to say is, some of the players are among the top 30 98 players in the State.
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

Pucksahater wrote:Shine don`t let puck get to you, he is a hater through and through. Puck is always sour because he is on the outside looking in when it comes to summer AAA hockey. Puck does however come up with some funny stuff, once and awhile. Don`t you J&J. :lol: :lol:
Oh you so have me figured out, I always love to hear from you. :?

You are right I'm on the outside looking in alright, outside meaning the summer spent on the lake fishing, skiing and not spending family time with overbearing ego starving hockey parents pissing away their kids youth.

See you at the rink this winter Pucksahater, I will be looking for your Johnny Summer Superstar :wink:
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

Pucksahater wrote:Shine don`t let puck get to you, he is a hater through and through. Puck is always sour because he is on the outside looking in when it comes to summer AAA hockey. Puck does however come up with some funny stuff, once and awhile. Don`t you J&J. :lol: :lol:
:D
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
ThePuckStopsHere

HockeyDad41 wrote:
That is the same smile I saw on Mrs.HD41 face last night :P
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:
I knew that! She said she attended the douchebag of the millenium awards last night and smiled at the winner.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

HockeyDad41 wrote:I knew that! She said she attended the douchebag of the millenium awards last night and smiled at the winner.
Well, the Jerk Store called....they're running out of you!

;)
Be kind. Rewind.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

O-townClown wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:I knew that! She said she attended the douchebag of the millenium awards last night and smiled at the winner.
Well, the Jerk Store called....they're running out of you!

;)
I deserved that. :D
ThePuckStopsHere

HockeyDad41 wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote: :D
I knew that! She said she attended the douchebag of the millenium awards last night and smiled at the winner.
You really need to leave the smart ass comments to me, you need to get back to enlightening everyone with your great hockey expertise :lol:
Pucksahater

Post by Pucksahater »

Ah yes puck puts juts his usual odor on a thread. [-X