AA CHAMPIONSHIP -- DULUTH EAST VS EDEN PRARIE

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who ya got

Duluth East
53%
Eden Prarie
47%

Total votes: 64

mj79

Post by mj79 »

dlhhockey wrote:
mj79 wrote:Anyone see what happened to Hunter???
He separated his shoulder a few weeks ago. Missed a couple of games and then came back during sectionals (taped up). Must have taken a good hit tonight. Sounds like Campion is doing well in his place. He was an occasional fourth line forward that has played D in the past and did well filling in for Hunter in other games.
Hisgroin... hes out for the game.... Campion is playing awesome in his place
Weekend_Warrior

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

3 OVERTIMES??? This game is insane
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Instant classic!!!
2012 pond hockey All Star
Weekend_Warrior

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

The MN Hockey Hub is reporting that this is the first-ever triple OT Championship game!
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Weekend_Warrior wrote:3 OVERTIMES??? This game is insane
Level of play has been impressive. Normally the marathons get sloppy. I remember that college game two years ago where the dude shot it through the net and they played three more minutes!

I still think Rau will make a big play. If Duluth wins, probably Toninato .

Shot just wide as I typed that.
Be kind. Rewind.
defense

Post by defense »

Double dammit!
Rossbury21

Post by Rossbury21 »

Instant Classic
The Gumper

Post by The Gumper »

O-townClown wrote:I still think Rau will make a big play.
Mind telling us which are your favorite stocks? :lol:
Roseauverrated

Post by Roseauverrated »

It's a shame a game like that had to end on such a terrible goal. Jeanetta probably isn't going to sleep well the next few nights.

Props to Duluth East for putting up a better fight than I expected and congrats to Eden Prairie. That was an awesome game to watch!
Nodak Sioux

Post by Nodak Sioux »

May be the best game I have ever seen!
hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 »

I didn't want this game to end. At that point, I would've been disappointed no matter who won. I was rooting for Duluth, but what effort on the part of Rau. Three overtimes deep diving for loose pucks after getting hammered the whole game. The kid played hard. Pretty cool that his brother got the assist, I'm sure that will be a memory for the two.

Congrats to Eden Prairie, congrats to St. Thomas. Let the long, long offseason begin.
DanFromWoodbury

Post by DanFromWoodbury »

Um, terrible goal? That goal was awesome.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

First off, congrats to Eden Prairie for their championship. Both teams deserved to win this game, but only one could.

Props to the officials, also, for letting the kids play. It's always better to let the kids decide the outcome rather than the zebras. Something WCHA officials could take a lesson on. :mrgreen:

East players, hold your heads up. You did more than most people thought you could this season. Bummer for the seniors who won't be back next year, but the future looks very good for the Hounds.

Hmm....weird. This doesn't sting. I just feel good to have watched such a classic game.

Man, what a season, what a tournament!!

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
salol44

Post by salol44 »

This game was great. MN hockey is the best.
The Gumper

Post by The Gumper »

hockeyfan893 wrote:I was rooting for Duluth, but what effort on the part of Rau. Three overtimes deep diving for loose pucks after getting hammered the whole game.
And ironically, the Duluth player who did the pounding on Rau whiffed on a chance to clear the puck just before Rau pushed it in.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

That was a helluva game. Congrats to both teams.
Every year should be like that.
dlhhockey

Post by dlhhockey »

The Gumper wrote:
hockeyfan893 wrote:I was rooting for Duluth, but what effort on the part of Rau. Three overtimes deep diving for loose pucks after getting hammered the whole game.
And ironically, the Duluth player who did the pounding on Rau whiffed on a chance to clear the puck just before Rau pushed it in.
And he's a heck of a D for being a sophomore! Props to Randolph for playing three lines (had the third line out there a couple of times against EP first line). Great game, looks good for DE for next year!
mj79

Post by mj79 »

for those who thought EP would roll ( and to the EP fans.... )

We outplayed you, we had more heart than you , and we will be back stronger next year....

EP congrats on your goal... it will be your last for a long time...
mj79

Post by mj79 »

Yea I may be bitter... But its the first time I have been In 5 yrs on this forum... You got a lucky goal against a team that was dominating you .. enjoy it
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

That was a great game. I wished that East could have got one for the north.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

I freaking closed my eyes after the first intermission to rest them, and I just woke up at 10:55... AGHHHHHH!!! How could I miss the ending????

mother please ban me...

Congrats to Eden Prairie -

If East can get some goal tending next year, you will be right back here easily. What a couple of fantastic teams..
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Very impressed with the young talent on the DE team.

About as even game as you can have.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

mj79 wrote:Yea I may be bitter... But its the first time I have been In 5 yrs on this forum... You got a lucky goal against a team that was dominating you .. enjoy it
mj79, the least you could have done was congratulate Eden Prairie for their championship, as they just showed Coach Randolph doing.

You fell short.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
lifterpuller

Post by lifterpuller »

Congratulations to both DE and EP on the hard fought game and great seasons. Being from northern Minnesota I was pulling for DE, but it just didn’t happen. East’s goalie was phenomenal throughout this tournament. He was so solid, I feel bad for him in regards to giving up that last goal.
I wish booth teams continued success next year,
stpaul

DE - EP

Post by stpaul »

It was the best $15 and 3 hours I've ever spent. Congrats to Eden Prairie and thanks to Duluth East for a memorable 3 days of hockey.