bb's weekly JGA Top 10 (2-7-2011)

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

blueblood

bb's weekly JGA Top 10 (2-7-2011)

Post by blueblood »

Wow, I have a JGA follower asking for my new top 10. You just made my day Olan767!

Here's my final regular season top 10. Look for my next edition after the Metro regular season is complete and just before the regional tournament in Blaine.

1) Wayzata - beat #1 Tonka for the first time this season in Duluth, 3-2, and went on to claim the 'ship 8-1 over Duluth. bb predicted a big win for tonka in the finals (5-1) over Duluth. I'm not surprised with Wayzata beating Duluth as they were my #2 choice to beat Duluth in the finals.

Note to Butch: Spread out the talent next year. That's two years in a row you put tonka and wayzata in the same pool and they both have taken the 'ship over your squad (tonka in 2010 and wayzata in 2011).

2) Tonka - losing the game to Wayzata might end up being a good thing for Tonka. They didn't have to play the 2 extra games on Sunday, which can be a grind. I still have them as my top team to claim the title in Duluth that everyone wants: the 2011 JGA State Championship.

3) Lakeville - won their pool in Duluth as I predicted, but dropped two games on Sunday, the first to Wayzata and the 3rd place game to SLP.
I had a great time chatting with the Lakeville boys during the Wayzata vs. Tonka game at Freezeburger. Have a BIG rematch with SLP in the game that counts in the standings on Tuesday this week.

4) Edina - appear to have stabilized their ship and they are back on track. Coach Bill Smith knows that late February and March are what matters most.

5) EP - Winners of 4 of their last 5. Looking into my crystal ball I see the Eagles winning 6 of their last 8 and finishing strong.

6) SLP - finally, the SLP/BSM/Hopkins boys are putting up the wins that I expected earlier in the season. This team is almost a carbon copy of last years team that started slow and finished strong, losing their final region game to ER. I wouldn't want to be playing this team right now.

7) Burnsville - lost to SLP in Duluth and just seem to be stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear this season. Finishing 6th or 7th means your in the same pool as the #1 team, which looks to be Wayzata. Not a great spot to be in.

8 Centennial

9) WBL

10) Stillwater

I see these 3 teams battling it out to stay out of the single elimination play-in games at regions. Keeping their fpp's will be key. White Bear has more fpp's that Stilly and Centennial, so it likes like it will come down to Centennial and Stilly. Current standings for these 3 teams are:

dabears: (6-7-4) with 15 of 17 fpp's = 31 points
cougars: (8-8-1) with 9 of 17 fpp's = 26 points
Mylittleponies: (6-8-2) with 12 of 16 fpp's = 26 points
just a fan of hockey

Region Play-in Fight

Post by just a fan of hockey »

Here are the remaining schedules of the 4 teams most likely fighting it out to stay out of 10th place and having to play-in:
Jefferson schedule:
Blaine
EP
Edina
Lakeville
Centenial
Edina

Stillwater schedule:
Champlin
Eagan
Lakeville
SLP
Edina
Centenial
Wessy

WBL schedule:
Wayzata
Eagan
Eagan
Blaine
SLP

Centenial:
Eagan
Burnsville
Blaine
Stillwater
Minnetonka
Jefferson
Wayzata

Too early to call, should be interesting.
Minnpuck27

Post by Minnpuck27 »

SLP 9
Lakeville 3