Edina A bantam's quit

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Crusty

Edina A bantam's quit

Post by Crusty »

I heard the Edina A Bantam's were playing the Blaine team in the Roseau tourney over last weekend, and half way through the 2nd period of the 3rd place game the entire Edina team skated off the ice. Do you think maybe they did that thinking, hey it's not the chanmionship game so who cares..? or was Blaine getting a little to rough for them. Anyone have any more info or is this just a very ugly rumor.
sorno82

Post by sorno82 »

First I heard of this. I doubt that would happen!
hockey girl

Re: Edina A bantam's quit

Post by hockey girl »

Crusty wrote:I heard the Edina A Bantam's were playing the Blaine team in the Roseau tourney over last weekend, and half way through the 2nd period of the 3rd place game the entire Edina team skated off the ice. Do you think maybe they did that thinking, hey it's not the chanmionship game so who cares..? or was Blaine getting a little to rough for them. Anyone have any more info or is this just a very ugly rumor.
It is true. Playing in the 3rd place game. See message board title Roseau Bantam A tourney Jan 7-9. Lots of posts.
MnMade-4-Life

Post by MnMade-4-Life »

Crusty wrote:I heard the Edina A Bantam's were playing the Blaine team in the Roseau tourney over last weekend, and half way through the 2nd period of the 3rd place game the entire Edina team skated off the ice. Do you think maybe they did that thinking, hey it's not the chanmionship game so who cares..? or was Blaine getting a little to rough for them. Anyone have any more info or is this just a very ugly rumor.
NO WAY!!!!! I haven't heard about this happening!!!!! Are you serious?!?!?!?! I think there would have been a post about this if it actually happened!!!!!! NO WAY!!!!! In the great hockey community of Roseau as well!!!! UNHEARD OF!!!!
/chugga chugga
/chugga chugga
WOOOOOOOOO
WOOOOOOOOO
dogeatdog1

Post by dogeatdog1 »

MnMade-4-Life wrote:
NO WAY!!!!! I haven't heard about this happening!!!!! Are you serious?!?!?!?! I think there would have been a post about this if it actually happened!!!!!! NO WAY!!!!! In the great hockey community of Roseau as well!!!! UNHEARD OF!!!!
Man you are right on top of the ball here MM 4 NO life.. repeating posts of people above? You have some of the most insiteful posts on this board :roll:
MnMade-4-Life

Post by MnMade-4-Life »

dogeatdog1 wrote:... insiteful posts on this board :roll:
BUT! I can spell insightful properly. :)
/chugga chugga
/chugga chugga
WOOOOOOOOO
WOOOOOOOOO
Crusty

Post by Crusty »

The sad thing is, yes it did happen. Don't know the circumstances, but the only thing I can think of is, it must of got so out of hand that the coach pulled the team because it was getting to rough, maybe the ref's were letting it get that way, don't know for sure. But I would hate to find out the coach pulled the team cause it was just the 3rd place game and not the championship game. Regardless, kind of gives the Edina Assoc. a black eye.
drop the puck

Post by drop the puck »

Crusty wrote:The sad thing is, yes it did happen. Don't know the circumstances, but the only thing I can think of is, it must of got so out of hand that the coach pulled the team because it was getting to rough, maybe the ref's were letting it get that way, don't know for sure. But I would hate to find out the coach pulled the team cause it was just the 3rd place game and not the championship game. Regardless, kind of gives the Edina Assoc. a black eye.
Up north hockey ... just linesman for calling offsides and icing right?

Let them play.
puckeyone

Post by puckeyone »

Bottom line is the coach should have been given a match penalty for refusal to play, NO coach is above the game,Lets see if the greatest district in Minnesota has the cahonas to approach this association and coach, Hewitt I believe the puck is in your end of the rink to act.
And if not then Mn Hockey should and pull all invitational tournaments away from this association and see how they like this treatment
whockeyguy

Post by whockeyguy »

Puckeyone says it good, but forgot one word CAKEEATERS
plokececk

Post by plokececk »

Blaine posted the win on their website as a 1-0 win. Edina posted the three other games in Roseau, but they did not post the Blaine game.
kmac

Edina Bantam A's

Post by kmac »

Yes it happened. In addition, they trashed the locker room (the coaches responsibility as well)....and the Roseau rink manager pulled them off the bus to go back in and clean it up. What kind of message is he sending the kids.......to quit when you are down? If I were an Edina Bantam A parent I would be embarrased and demand that Bellows is fired. He is supposed to set an example for kids.....they look up to him even more because he is an ex NHL player. He was also seen trading F bombs with the parents from another team in the tourney the night before. A real class-less act.
silentbutdeadly3139

Re: Edina Bantam A's

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 »

kmac wrote:Yes it happened. In addition, they trashed the locker room (the coaches responsibility as well)....and the Roseau rink manager pulled them off the bus to go back in and clean it up. What kind of message is he sending the kids.......to quit when you are down? If I were an Edina Bantam A parent I would be embarrased and demand that Bellows is fired. He is supposed to set an example for kids.....they look up to him even more because he is an ex NHL player. He was also seen trading F bombs with the parents from another team in the tourney the night before. A real class-less act.
According to their website, Bellows isn't the head coach
Snowmass

Post by Snowmass »

my bad.......i apologize for post.
Last edited by Snowmass on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toomuchtoosoon

Post by Toomuchtoosoon »

Snowmass-Bellows is an assistant to Dornbach for Bantam A.
Snowmass

Post by Snowmass »

Toomuchtoosoon wrote:Snowmass-Bellows is an assistant to Dornbach for Bantam A.
Woops. Thanks man. I'm outta this discussion.
plokececk

Post by plokececk »

Toomuchtoosoon wrote:Snowmass-Bellows is an assistant to Dornbach for Bantam A.
Ok he is an assistant coach. But, it seems he is getting a rep for outlandish behavior.

Click on the link to read the Star Trib report on Bellows.

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/11351706.html

Seems like he had a fit about his kid not making the Squirt A team.
Tuuk2score

Post by Tuuk2score »

I believe the Edina players will never Quit!!!!!!!!!!!! they are all great kids with great families !!!!!!!!!! Coaches have been nothing but great for the Edina hockey program things happen LET IT REST.... please.
plokececk

Post by plokececk »

Tuuk2score wrote:I believe the Edina players will never Quit!!!!!!!!!!!! they are all great kids with great families !!!!!!!!!! Coaches have been nothing but great for the Edina hockey program things happen LET IT REST.... please.
I have seen some Jr Gold games in the past where the home team was basically grabbing on and dragging players to the ice. Home town refs had whistles in pockets. In these cases I would agree with dragging up. But, they did not.

Would like to hear why Edina drug up and trashed the locker room and left. So far I have not heard any reason why they "Quit" and left the game. Tell me what constitutes this. I know Edina fans post on and follow this forum and I tend to believe they are being tight lipped due to embarrassment.
the_juiceman

Post by the_juiceman »

Tuuk2score wrote:I believe the Edina players will never Quit!!!!!!!!!!!! they are all great kids with great families !!!!!!!!!! Coaches have been nothing but great for the Edina hockey program things happen LET IT REST.... please.
If the real story would come out, people would probably let it rest. Until then, I don't think people will let it go. It's tough being a Hornet!!
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

This incident is under investigation by MInnesota Hockey.
If you have first hand knowledge, please contact me.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Trashed the locker room and quit. What a joke. They should be investigated...
observer

Post by observer »

I often tell my kids that it really doesn't matter how good you are at hockey, etc., if you don't have the good behavior to back it up. That is how you'll ultimately be measured. A great player with poor behavior gets nowhere. That's an important lesson. I also discuss first impressions, lasting impressions and how it's difficult to change public perception.

When you're a guest in someone else’s house you behave appropriately as your behavior is what will be most remembered.

Sideline. Isn't there a locker room monitoring rule this year? I hope the PWA families can be on their best behavior this weekend.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

That' s too bad that those pee-wee kids may be judged for the way the bantams acted.
observer

Post by observer »

That' s too bad that those pee-wee kids may be judged for the way the bantams acted.
That's life. Your association can have one poorly behaved team and it can affect the way opposing coaches and refs act towards your team. No reason, just perception. Your second child can be partially judged on your first childs behavior. Kids often think their behavior only relects on themselves which isn't true. How you behave can affect several people beyond yourself.