2010/2011 A Peewee Scores

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

frederick61

Post by frederick61 »

Scores from the second round of the Geyer tourney in St. Cloud:

Black Division:
Minnetonka-3
Mpls Storm-3

STMA-5
Hermantown-4

Tonka and Mpls Storm are tied for first in pool with three points each. Tonka plays Hermantown and Mpls Storm play STMA tomorrow. If both teams win, Tonka holds the edge in the tie breaker (least goals given up). Other team advances as “wild card”. If both teams lose, STMA advances. The Storm continues to play well.

Blue Division:
St. Cloud-4
Hopkins-3

Burnsville-3
Rogers-2

St. Cloud and Burnsville meet for the Blue title. Loser could be out of tourney.

Red Division:

Bemidji-8
Sartell-1

Farmington-6
Andover-0

Farmington has the #1 seed in the championship pool on Sunday evening. They should beat Sartell and the Tigers hold a three goal edge over St. Cloud (the only team close in goals against-0 versus 3).
ctbrow1

Post by ctbrow1 »

more scores from the New Ulm tournament

New Ulm 6
Redwood Falls 0

Marshall 1
St Francis 9

Sibley 5
Dodge County 3

St Louis Park 8
Redwood Falls 3

Apple Valley 9
Austin 6
Snowmass

Post by Snowmass »

Wayzata-4
Edina-3
Great battle.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Forest Lake1-Tart 1
MNHawker

Post by MNHawker »

Elk River - 6
Spring Park Lake - 3

SLP had lead twice.
Good Game...
dreampuck

Post by dreampuck »

Champlin Park - 3
Rochester Red - 2

Centennial - 5
Eastvies - 2

Championship:

Centennial - 5
Champlin Park - 3

Centennial get's an empty netter with about 29 seconds left to seal the victory. Very good game!
hockey59

District 10 scores

Post by hockey59 »

Anoka 5

Irondale 0
ctbrow1

Post by ctbrow1 »

final day in New Ulm

Crow River 8
Dodge County 0

Sibley 7
New Ulm 1

Apple Valley 8
Redwood Falls 0

New Ulm 4
Dodge County 3
hockey_is_a_choice

Post by hockey_is_a_choice »

Fargo Peewee A Tournament

Championship:

Lakeville North     8
Bismark Admirals 4

Third Place

West Fargo 6
Portage Terriers 2

Consolation

Regina Avalanche 7
Fort Gary Red 1

In pool play, West Fargo defeated Wayzata 2-1. Wayzata then lost to the Bismark Blades 4-2.

Center Ice Classic

Playoffs

Farmington 2
Burnsville 1

Minnetonka 3
St. Cloud 1

Tomorrow, Farmington plays Minnetonka for the championship. Burnsville plays St. Cloud in the third place game.

Consolation 

Rogers 4
Storm 0

STMA 1
Bemidji 3

STMA defeated the Storm earlier today, 4-1.

Hermantown 7
Sartell 0

New Ulm Tournament

Championship

Sibley 5
Crow River 3

Third Place

New Ulm 4
Dodge City 3

Consolation

St. Louis Park 5
St. Francis 0

Hard Luck

Apple Valley 8
Redwood Falls 0

Austin 6
Marshall 5
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Maht.3 FL 2 Good game.
Snowmass

Post by Snowmass »

[quote="hockey_is_a_choice"]Fargo Peewee A Tournament

Championship:

Lakeville North     8
Bismark Admirals 4

Third Place

West Fargo 6
Portage Terriers 2

Consolation

Regina Avalanche 7
Fort Gary Red 1

In pool play, West Fargo defeated Wayzata 2-1. Wayzata then lost to the Bismark Blades 4-2.

****This was a 'B' Wayzata team. The 'A' Team was NOT in Fargo. FYI
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

Geez, did not know you can have a B team to play in an A tournament. Maybe should suggest to send our PWC team to get smoked in a big PWA tournament. :roll:
the_juiceman

Post by the_juiceman »

Mnhockeys wrote:Geez, did not know you can have a B team to play in an A tournament. Maybe should suggest to send our PWC team to get smoked in a big PWA tournament. :roll:
It's North Dakota-- they play by their own rules. :lol:
silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 »

Mnhockeys wrote:Geez, did not know you can have a B team to play in an A tournament. Maybe should suggest to send our PWC team to get smoked in a big PWA tournament. :roll:
good post :roll:

large assoc B team playing in A tournament FAR different than your C team playing in A tournament. Seems like a good idea to me.
Snowmass

Post by Snowmass »

No big deal. Scheduling or registration snafu...and thankfully they still had 1 spot left (albeit in 'A' pool). Not done on for any reason other than that.
Smalltownbiggerstick

Post by Smalltownbiggerstick »

itsjustkidshockey wrote:Farmington does have 4 decent D players and a good goalie, beyond that they are just 6 more forwards. They keep the scoring the low but don't blow teams out. If you could combine Edina's forwards with Farmington's D and goalie, that would be a nice team.

Mark my words, Farmington will find themselves on the short-side of the scoring when other teams realize to adjust and their play to put more physical players at D and look for 3-4 opportunities a game.

But right now they are #1 or #2. Credit where credit is due. Although D5 would eat them up.... :D
I can't take it anymore...I have to comment...D5 would eat them alive? Are you kidding? Have you seen what they have done to the D5 teams they have played this year? And to fault them for not running up the score? I know for a fact when the score gets lopsided the kids are told they all should touch the puck before someone takes a shot, and they even switch positions. C'mon...give them some REAL credit...especially after they won another tournament this weekend by defeating yes, a D5 team, Tonka and Burnsville (again).
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

Smalltownbiggerstick wrote:
itsjustkidshockey wrote:Farmington does have 4 decent D players and a good goalie, beyond that they are just 6 more forwards. They keep the scoring the low but don't blow teams out. If you could combine Edina's forwards with Farmington's D and goalie, that would be a nice team.

Mark my words, Farmington will find themselves on the short-side of the scoring when other teams realize to adjust and their play to put more physical players at D and look for 3-4 opportunities a game.

But right now they are #1 or #2. Credit where credit is due. Although D5 would eat them up.... :D
I can't take it anymore...I have to comment...D5 would eat them alive? Are you kidding? Have you seen what they have done to the D5 teams they have played this year? And to fault them for not running up the score? I know for a fact when the score gets lopsided the kids are told they all should touch the puck before someone takes a shot, and they even switch positions. C'mon...give them some REAL credit...especially after they won another tournament this weekend by defeating yes, a D5 team, Tonka and Burnsville (again).
Greatest PWA team ever assembled- D1 Defensemen, Forwards with NHL Feet and a Goalie that makes huge saves as big as his moms ego. :lol: :lol:
woogieboogiewoogie

Post by woogieboogiewoogie »

Go back an reread IJKH prior posts in the thread. He was being sarcastic!. DOH! I think IJKH was ripping D5
My_Kid_Loves_Hockey

Post by My_Kid_Loves_Hockey »

C'mon...give them some REAL credit...especially after they won another tournament this weekend by defeating yes, a D5 team, Tonka and Burnsville (again).
These 2 teams are D6......................... :oops: :oops: :oops:
THEGoalieMom

Post by THEGoalieMom »

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:

Greatest PWA team ever assembled- D1 Defensemen, Forwards with NHL Feet and a Goalie that makes huge saves as big as his moms ego. :lol: :lol:
Wow..the cat's out of the bag that quickly huh? :oops: Guess I should have held my tongue a little bit longer...and yes I know Tonka and Burnsville are D6...I was talking about Sartell..Now where's that comment that guy made about Rosemount beating us 10 out of 10 times.... :lol:

BTW...don't think I don't know what a fantastic D we have...makes my life a lot easier...and that's no joke.
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

THEGoalieMom wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
Smalltownbiggerstick wrote: I can't take it anymore...I have to comment...D5 would eat them alive? Are you kidding? Have you seen what they have done to the D5 teams they have played this year? And to fault them for not running up the score? I know for a fact when the score gets lopsided the kids are told they all should touch the puck before someone takes a shot, and they even switch positions. C'mon...give them some REAL credit...especially after they won another tournament this weekend by defeating yes, a D5 team, Tonka and Burnsville (again).
Wow..the cat's out of the bag that quickly huh? :oops: Guess I should have held my tongue a little bit longer...and yes I know Tonka and Burnsville are D6...I was talking about Sartell..Now where's that comment that guy made about Rosemount beating us 10 out of 10 times.... :lol:

BTW...don't think I don't know what a fantastic D we have...makes my life a lot easier...and that's no joke.
Ego Argument - Case Closed :wink:
silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 »

THEGoalieMom wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote:
Smalltownbiggerstick wrote: I can't take it anymore...I have to comment...D5 would eat them alive? Are you kidding? Have you seen what they have done to the D5 teams they have played this year? And to fault them for not running up the score? I know for a fact when the score gets lopsided the kids are told they all should touch the puck before someone takes a shot, and they even switch positions. C'mon...give them some REAL credit...especially after they won another tournament this weekend by defeating yes, a D5 team, Tonka and Burnsville (again).

Actually it makes your SON's life easier, maybe your confusing your life with your sons :)

Saw them play little while ago and they are very good. Congrats to THEM.
THEGoalieMom

Post by THEGoalieMom »

silentbutdeadly3139 wrote:
THEGoalieMom wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote: Greatest PWA team ever assembled- D1 Defensemen, Forwards with NHL Feet and a Goalie that makes huge saves as big as his moms ego. :lol: :lol:

Actually it makes your SON's life easier, maybe your confusing your life with your sons :)

Saw them play little while ago and they are very good. Congrats to THEM.
For the record..it makes both of our lives easier...no matter how awesome the team is - it is the goalie who feels the brunt of a loss - and I've been in the car with that kid a few times too. :cry: Not fun. Both our lives...
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

This has all the makings of a pretty interesting string of posts. The old-hockey folks don't take too kindly to the up-and-coming Farmington kids beating their kids on the ice; they certainly don't care for THE Farmington parents running their mouths about it.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Go farmington. Them Rosemount , Prior Lake, Chaska. Give me hope for Forest Lake.