Edina vs. BSM

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win

BSM
44%
Edina
56%

Total votes: 34

The Greatness

Edina vs. BSM

Post by The Greatness »

Who do you think will win?

Edina is keeping consistent now while BSM is recovering from a EP blow out and some more close games that shouldnt have been.

Tuesday January 11, 7:00 at SLP Rec
The Greatness is always the Best
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Edina will make light work of the privates and take this one 5 - 1.
puck81

Post by puck81 »

"Private" school 3 "Government" school 2
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

5-3 Edina
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

BSM 5 - Edina 2
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

Edina 1-0
Always celly hard.
Minnpuck27

Post by Minnpuck27 »

3-0 edina
kingpin

Post by kingpin »

both teams are good but i believe that this will come down to the play of the goalies and d and i think edina has them beat
shakey

Post by shakey »

Edina will put a beat down on Benilde.....5-1.
eastsideguy

Post by eastsideguy »

BSM 2-1
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

2 1 Edina everson with both
2012 pond hockey All Star
westsidestory

Post by westsidestory »

What a game! I knew that BSM would come back and probably would have won too, if there were a couple more minutes left (or if they didn't have that second period lapse again). I guess, give the Hornets credit. The green ogres aren't "pretty in pink" (actually red and white) like the Red Knights, but "they just know how to win." Coaches Giles and Langevin must be getting a kick out of the lunch pail, bulldog (as in UMD Bulldogs) attitude of this team, unlike the more-skilled Edina teams in recent years, like the ones led by the vaunted "Fab Five." (The University of Michigan men's basketball Fab Five of the early 1990's never did win an NCAA championship, did they?)
Listen2me

Edina vs. BSM

Post by Listen2me »

I give Edina credit, every shift is 100% and they will make you pay for any mistakes many of which they cause by hustle. They escaped with their lives against AHA & simply would not have Won had AHA not lost top two D, one of which was lost to a non call that could of easily been a major. Bottom line is they find a way to win while others seem to fold.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Good game tonight. 5 on 5 Benilde controlled the play but a couple defensive lapses and questionable goaltending Edina made them pay. Dirty hit on Horn by Everson that knocked him out of the game.BSM will play Quale the rest of the way which will solidify the goaltending.I still like BSM come March. The line of Labosky Besse and Moore dominated every shift but they need the top line of Horn Steinhauser and Oborsky to start putting some points up.
The Greatness

Post by The Greatness »

any news to what happened with horn? was the hit cheap or was it clean? i have been hearing different stories about it
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

The Greatness wrote:any news to what happened with horn? was the hit cheap or was it clean? i have been hearing different stories about it
It was a complete cheapshot by Peterson. Horn didn't even have the puck. I think Peterson was just pissed that he lost a battle and his stick in the corner and just ran up and blind sided the first player he saw.
goaliewithfoggedglasses

Post by goaliewithfoggedglasses »

flatontheice wrote:
The Greatness wrote:any news to what happened with horn? was the hit cheap or was it clean? i have been hearing different stories about it
It was a complete cheapshot by Peterson. Horn didn't even have the puck. I think Peterson was just pissed that he lost a battle and his stick in the corner and just ran up and blind sided the first player he saw.
Who's Peterson?
The Greatness

Post by The Greatness »

goaliewithfoggedglasses wrote:
flatontheice wrote:
Who's Peterson?
I think he meant Everson. I heard he has gotten a concussion, can anyone verify this?
russiawithlove

Post by russiawithlove »

it was one of those hits where the pass comes from a bad angle behind horn and horn looked the opposite way of the puck and right when the puck goes past him, horn get crushed. it would have been a clean hit if the puck had been passed to him on his tape, but it wasnt so it was interference.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

russiawithlove wrote:it was one of those hits where the pass comes from a bad angle behind horn and horn looked the opposite way of the puck and right when the puck goes past him, horn get crushed. it would have been a clean hit if the puck had been passed to him on his tape, but it wasnt so it was interference.
The NFL hands out big fines for those kinds of dangerous hits.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
russiawithlove wrote:it was one of those hits where the pass comes from a bad angle behind horn and horn looked the opposite way of the puck and right when the puck goes past him, horn get crushed. it would have been a clean hit if the puck had been passed to him on his tape, but it wasnt so it was interference.
The NFL hands out big fines for those kinds of dangerous hits.
Sorry meant everson...is there a Peterson?
hjbbbhockey

Everson Check...

Post by hjbbbhockey »

flatontheice wrote:
The Tape Says.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJuah9_0Q6s

Perhaps a moment early, but hardly a complete cheapshot. Suicide pass to Horn. Hope all is well.

Sorry to put here rather than in the highlights section though seemed germaine.
MNHockeyFan

Re: Everson Check...

Post by MNHockeyFan »

hjbbbhockey wrote:Perhaps a moment early, but hardly a complete cheapshot.
It was early, and it was a cheapshot. The ref's arm went up immediately. Don't try to blame it on the Benilde teammate who made a "suicide pass". :roll:
westsidestory

Post by westsidestory »

Regarding the Max Everson hit on Christian Horn as he was looking for the pass off the boards from Jake Horton, from another angle, it looked like the right call (i.e., "Interference") by the refs, although it was a pretty hard hit (see around 20:20 mark of third period of MyFoxHockey webcast on http://www.foxpreps.com/dpp/video_archi ... 3rd-Period).
What is the prognosis on Christian Horn? I noticed that he didn't play in the Saint Louis Park game on Thursday, Jan. 13th. My guess is that Coach Pauly is begin careful with Christian's head concussion (and didn't need him), so rested him against SLP and will probably also keep him out against Irondale on Tuesday, Jan. 18th (see www.mshsl.org/mshsl/publications/ConcussionProtocol.pdf). Hopefully we'll see Christian back against Totino-Grace on Saturday, Jan. 22nd.