WBL/EASTRIDGE Brawl

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Should there be suspensions for fighting in High School Hockey?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:23 am

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 16

iLLuminati_666

WBL/EASTRIDGE Brawl

Post by iLLuminati_666 »

The score was 5-2 about 25 seconds left in the 3rd. Number 23 Matt Glascow checks East ridge player legaly into the boards and then mayheam breaks out and East ridge captain followed by there goalie jumped number 23. Instantly Number 8(lance Carney) and Number 21(max birkinbine) came into the suffle to even the odds. This lastd about 10 minutes resulting in game misconducts (god knows why birkinbine got a game DQ). With White bear senior Cal Clutterbuck already out 4 weeks now another 3 gone it looks like its gonna be hard for them to put up a fight against there SEC game versus Creighten this week. *** Not to mention this game had 10 penalties to white bear who scored 2 short handed goals.
Master Recruiter

Post by Master Recruiter »

good coaching/discipline
iLLuminati_666

Post by iLLuminati_666 »

Master Recruiter wrote:good coaching/discipline
We all know White Bear has that.. WINK WINK
Master Recruiter

Post by Master Recruiter »

iLLuminati_666 wrote:
anytime a brawl breaks out in high school hockey, I blame the coaching. Get some discipline
iLLuminati_666

Post by iLLuminati_666 »

Master Recruiter wrote:
iLLuminati_666 wrote:
anytime a brawl breaks out in high school hockey, I blame the coaching. Get some discipline
I got nothing wrong with fighting. Its hockey emotions run high.
Big Daddy

Re: WBL/EASTRIDGE Brawl

Post by Big Daddy »

iLLuminati_666 wrote:The score was 5-2 about 25 seconds left in the 3rd. Number 23 Matt Glascow checks East ridge player legaly into the boards and then mayheam breaks out and East ridge captain followed by there goalie jumped number 23. Instantly Number 8(lance Carney) and Number 21(max birkinbine) came into the suffle to even the odds. This lastd about 10 minutes resulting in game misconducts (god knows why birkinbine got a game DQ). With White bear senior Cal Clutterbuck already out 4 weeks now another 3 gone it looks like its gonna be hard for them to put up a fight against there SEC game versus Creighten this week. *** Not to mention this game had 10 penalties to white bear who scored 2 short handed goals.
Seriously????? Legal check????? Oh well..that can be debated for weeks. What can't be debated is your spelling and grammar. I can only HOPE that you're being funny with the Cal Clutterbuck and Creighten comments.
WB6162

Post by WB6162 »

iLLuminati_666 wrote:The score was 5-2 about 25 seconds left in the 3rd. Number 23 Matt Glascow checks East ridge player legaly into the boards and then mayheam breaks out and East ridge captain followed by there goalie jumped number 23. Instantly Number 8(lance Carney) and Number 21(max birkinbine) came into the suffle to even the odds. This lastd about 10 minutes resulting in game misconducts (god knows why birkinbine got a game DQ). With White bear senior Cal Clutterbuck already out 4 weeks now another 3 gone it looks like its gonna be hard for them to put up a fight against there SEC game versus Creighten this week. *** Not to mention this game had 10 penalties to white bear who scored 2 short handed goals.
Suspend the players and the coach.
WB6162

Post by WB6162 »

iLLuminati_666 wrote:
Master Recruiter wrote:
iLLuminati_666 wrote: We all know White Bear has that.. WINK WINK
With your grammar I'm not shocked that you think it's ok that HS kids fight in a school sanctioned activity.
Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 »

iLLuminati_666 wrote:
Master Recruiter wrote:
iLLuminati_666 wrote: We all know White Bear has that.. WINK WINK
With a screen name like iLLuminati_666 and joining the bored on 17 Dec 2010, somebody was watching A LOT of History Channel last night!
Dino

Post by Dino »

[quote="Big Daddy"][quote="iLLuminati_666"]The score was 5-2 about 25 seconds left in the 3rd. Number 23 Matt Glascow checks East ridge player legaly into the boards and then mayheam breaks out and East ridge captain followed by there goalie jumped number 23. Instantly Number 8(lance Carney) and Number 21(max birkinbine) came into the suffle to even the odds. This lastd about 10 minutes resulting in game misconducts (god knows why birkinbine got a game DQ). With White bear senior Cal Clutterbuck already out 4 weeks now another 3 gone it looks like its gonna be hard for them to put up a fight against there SEC game versus Creighten this week. *** Not to mention this game had 10 penalties to white bear who scored 2 short handed goals.[/quote]Seriously????? Legal check????? Oh well..that can be debated for weeks. What can't be debated is your spelling and grammar. I can only HOPE that you're being funny with the Cal Clutterbuck and Creighten comments.[/quote]

The scoresheets reads Glascow with a 5 minute major for checking from behind, and Birkinbine for leaving the players bench..........
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

Creighton? They're pretty good at basketball and baseball, but I don't think they even have a varsity hockey team. Maybe you're thinking Nebraska-Omaha. But, why would a MN high school team play a NE college team? (Insert sarcasm) Anyway, I don't think Glascow's check was intentional, but it certainly wasn't legal.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
formerlybackofnet

Post by formerlybackofnet »

What is the final outcome, there were several game misconducts issued. Which players are out for the next game?
drop the puck

Post by drop the puck »

Does it really matter, the WBL season ends when they run into Hill in 4AA Sections. :shock:

That is unless someone else knocks them off first.
mj79

Post by mj79 »

Let them play the game like men. Last I checked hockey wasn't figure skating. I lay a good check on someone and he comes after me with 2 more of his teammates , I'm swinging for the fences. There comes a point to where coaching and discipline cone in second to growing a spine and standing up for yourself. For those that said suspend everyone including the coach, I think your watching the wrong sport and should probably continue to watch balet. NOT hockey.
observer

Post by observer »

Would you rather play or sit in the box? It's your choice.
mj79

Post by mj79 »

observer wrote:Would you rather play or sit in the box? It's your choice.
Id rather sit in the box for an entire game rather than let some crybaby take a cheap shot at me with half his line behind him. Ppl need to learn how to stand their ground and not takecrap from anyone
iLLuminati_666

Post by iLLuminati_666 »

Big Daddy wrote:
Seriously????? Legal check????? Oh well..that can be debated for weeks. What can't be debated is your spelling and grammar. I can only HOPE that you're being funny with the Cal Clutterbuck and Creighten comments.
If your paying to see a white bear lake hockey game you wanna see number 20 put points on the board or for my cal clutterbuck refrence (number 11) lay some kids out...
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

This thread is dumb, we should lock it.

Fighting will, and should happen in high school hockey. That not to say you shouldn't be suspended for it, but your not going to be able to cut it out of the game.

Are we going to start posting a thread every time there's a scrum in a high school sport?

LOCK.
Always celly hard.